Yay Buttons!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Yay buttons!
Yay buttons!
By Flionheart 2010-09-10 16:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

http://yaybuttons.com/

I'm not the biggest PS3 fan, But well played Sony. Well played.
[+]
 Shiva.Tyurruu
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Tyurru
By Shiva.Tyurruu 2010-09-10 16:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

OK this is epic!
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-10 16:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I lol'd hard
[+]
 Siren.Aytac
Server: Siren
user: Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2010-09-10 16:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

belly buttons!!
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-10 16:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I don't like PS play much, I find it kind of cheap, but the Natal is just ridiculous.

MS needs to be better.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-09-10 16:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow some genius lines in there.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-10 18:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's very cute. ^^

But they catch on to what separates "hardcore" gamers (in this case, the vast majority of gamers whether they call themselves hardcore or casual) from "casuals" (those that break out the Wii on Thanskgiving so the kids don't mess up the house.)

While most all gamers respect the Wii for its marketability and its opening of gaming into the greater pop culture, most gamers do still think of motion-sensing gaming as a gimmick. So whether or not MS "perfected" it with Kinect/Natal, many gamers still consider it cantankerous, if only because "real gaming" involves fast reaction speed and ergonomic economy of motion, while motion-cap gaming involves the exact opposite--broad, generally inaccurate motions and gestures.

Oh well, maybe in about 10 years time mass-marketed sensors will be so sophisticated that they can pick up enough fine motion detail such that twitch-gaming finesse moves will be possible on gaming systems. And maybe 50 years from now we can just bypass sensors and buttons and just plug directly into some socket in the base of our skulls. :p LOL
By Flionheart 2010-09-10 18:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

PS Move is pointless to me. It's not innovative, but it's at least better than Natal lol.

If I want to play a game like that I'll play my wii. If I want to play serious games I'll use my PC or standard 360 controller.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-10 18:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

needs bigger fonts so reading is easier and faster.
Fenrir.Schutz said:
That's very cute. ^^

But they catch on to what separates "hardcore" gamers (in this case, the vast majority of gamers whether they call themselves hardcore or casual) from "casuals" (those that break out the Wii on Thanskgiving so the kids don't mess up the house.)

While most all gamers respect the Wii for its marketability and its opening of gaming into the greater pop culture, most gamers do still think of motion-sensing gaming as a gimmick. So whether or not MS "perfected" it with Kinect/Natal, many gamers still consider it cantankerous, if only because "real gaming" involves fast reaction speed and ergonomic economy of motion, while motion-cap gaming involves the exact opposite--broad, generally inaccurate motions and gestures.

Oh well, maybe in about 10 years time mass-marketed sensors will be so sophisticated that they can pick up enough fine motion detail such that twitch-gaming finesse moves will be possible on gaming systems. And maybe 50 years from now we can just bypass sensors and buttons and just plug directly into some socket in the base of our skulls. :p LOL

lol ghost in the shell right there man.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-10 18:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

LOL KFH jumped on my case the last time I jokingly compared RL to a movie. :p I won't do that again. /fear ;_;
By Flionheart 2010-09-10 18:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll make sure to email sony and tell them that bigger fonts are needed for optimal reading :)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-10 18:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god I lol'd.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-10 19:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

LOL KFH jumped on my case the last time I jokingly compared RL to a movie. :p I won't do that again. /fear ;_;
he's an ***, who cares over what *** think?