Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Hundred Knives
Hundred Knives
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 06:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Night would Mirke > New body? Pizza would be used regardless so I wouldn't see why not generally right?
we weren't discussing food
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 06:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yunalaysca said:
i didnt want to touch on this since what im gonna say is kinda moot.... but i'll atleast say something on the matter.

while in abyssea doing nm's while i wasnt riding fan dance (used it when it was needed) i was pulling the most hate. my healing wasnt being spammed and at the same time i wouldnt say every DD there was top geared... and depending on the mob you can /war for double voke
It's certainly plausible depending on the relative quality of gear and whether everyone has their atmas in order, but I'd still assert that it shouldn't be happening consistently. I'd be very surprised if my DNC could consistently surpass my BLU in enmity generation, for instance.

/WAR isn't of much interest, voke and Animating Flourish are pure VE and as I've stated previously capping VE is trivial.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-22 06:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

and in the dnc set you're still missing like 13 acc...again not counting the dex/acc kila+1s.... redo the math using the 40 acc dnc would gain....in those other items...
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 06:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
yunalaysca said:
i didnt want to touch on this since what im gonna say is kinda moot.... but i'll atleast say something on the matter.

while in abyssea doing nm's while i wasnt riding fan dance (used it when it was needed) i was pulling the most hate. my healing wasnt being spammed and at the same time i wouldnt say every DD there was top geared... and depending on the mob you can /war for double voke
It's certainly plausible depending on the relative quality of gear and whether everyone has their atmas in order, but I'd still assert that it shouldn't be happening consistently. I'd be very surprised if my DNC could consistently surpass my BLU in enmity generation, for instance.

/WAR isn't of much interest, voke and Animating Flourish are pure VE and as I've stated previously capping VE is trivial.
yeah which is why i said my point was kinda moot
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 06:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Night would Mirke > New body? Pizza would be used regardless so I wouldn't see why not generally right?
Rapp's been the mainstay for DNC for a long time now (barring situations at 75 where Joyeuse hurt your hitrate too much); that's not going to change unless you can cap haste without it or are fighting something really, really evasive. So yeah, I'd go with Mirke since the accuracy on Taranis should be unnecessary for the most part.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 06:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am only including 1 Kila because x2 is not as efficient as Kila/Auric since it allows for a 11 hit build on DNC and allows for over all better DPS/WS frequency.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 06:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Parazonium sup
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-22 06:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

well you're still missing 1 acc on ring, 4 acc in ranged, 4 acc in back slot (sorry 9 off in gear)
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 06:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

DEX+15 ACC+76
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 06:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
DEX+15 ACC+76
sharpeye mantle still missing
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-22 06:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

but you're still missing some in some gear slots..or does gear acc cap at 76?

edit: sharpeye mantle, lucky coin, and addler ring instead of torrador's (idc about the att-..its minor lol)
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 06:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You need the mantle to remain in the 11 hit build I believe no?
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 06:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
You need the mantle to remain in the 11 hit build I believe no?
no actually it gives un-needed tp with charis set
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 06:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

solution is tactical parry obviously

EDIT: gdi, snuck a post in. Either way the weapons should be adjusted which changes things.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-22 06:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ya the charis+2 set so far has +15 STP in 2 pieces...more than enough to cover the -2 from sharpeye instead of w/e you have there
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 06:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

EDIT: gdi, snuck a post in. Either way the weapons should be adjusted which changes things.
imo Daka +1 and auric is my thing, panzo seems to be a crowd favorite for alot of people though
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 06:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

+69acc +19DEX If using Mirke, would require pizza 100% and DRG would be able to use meat if both were optimized on mobs with decent Eva, old content meat would be 100% fine, including Ein/Dyna
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-22 06:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
+69acc +19DEX If using Mirke, would require pizza 100% and DRG would be able to use meat if both were optimized on mobs with decent Eva, old content meat would be 100% fine, including Ein/Dyna

Why would you put this much effort into dancer
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 06:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

imo Daka +1 and auric is my thing, panzo seems to be a crowd favorite for alot of people though
Daka's not bad but you'd generally benefit more from a STR Parazonium if you're going full DD. Unless of course Rudra's Storm is incredibly awesome... Fudo and Wildfire seem really good, so I wouldn't be surprised.

STP Fusetto is a nice compromise, for what it's worth. Additional TP gain is pretty potent in hybrid support/DD situations.

Parazonium has both really good DoT and great TP gain, there's really no reason not to love it. Working on the OAT myself.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 06:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

I would merit 5/5 Haste Samba and use hand-me-down gear from my other jobs but... there are people who love jobs because it appeals to them I guess? I could never understand it but thats me
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 06:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

Why not?

Change Adler back to Toreador's btw.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 06:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

and what daggers Night?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 06:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely offhand Para +1, leave the Kila +1 mainhand if you're taking advantage of its accuracy. Beyond that idk, my DNC's still a little behind the curve as far as pure DDing goes lol.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 06:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Best of best?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-22 06:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

is that 69 acc accounting the +5 skill on legs?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-22 06:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Best of best?

can't possibly be if there isn't a lvl 85 Terps...that thing is so damn broken lol
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 06:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Daka's not bad but you'd generally benefit more from a STR Parazonium if you're going full DD. Unless of course Rudra's Storm is incredibly awesome... Fudo and Wildfire seem really good, so I wouldn't be surprised.

STP Fusetto is a nice compromise, for what it's worth. Additional TP gain is pretty potent in hybrid support/DD situations.

Parazonium has both really good DoT and great TP gain, there's really no reason not to love it. Working on the OAT myself.
i have no finite source, but from what i hear RS is pretty awesome, elemental thats stronger than DE.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 06:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No, how much acc/attck does skill gear give since skill cap increase? still .9?
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 06:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

i have no finite source, but from what i hear RS is pretty awesome, elemental thats stronger than DE.
which we'll find out soon for sure since im 15 coins away from it
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 06:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
No, how much acc/attck does skill gear give since skill cap increase? still .9?
yes
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15