Hundred Knives
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 05:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
you're missing 8 acc in gear Mankey and not including a dex+acc+ kila+1, which would more than cap their acc..and haste..
That would only be +74acc w/ a B+ Weapon, still would require pizza
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 05:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Tristean said:
We could always derail in DNC tanking... NOT!!!!

Lord...

DNC tanks fine x;

Ive seen a DNC tank Ixion was kinda cool, held hate fairly well aswell~
i have to agree, while compared to nin or pld, dnc cant exactly compare

but!

they can still tank rather nicely even against alot of high-end nm's
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-22 05:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Tristean said:

Lord...

DNC tanks fine x;

wut
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-22 05:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
you're missing 8 acc in gear Mankey and not including a dex+acc+ kila+1, which would more than cap their acc..and haste..

If my 85 DRG does not have capped ACC on certain mobs in abyssea eating meat IE frogs, there is now way in hell a DNC can cap ACC, and if you are trying to tell me a DNC can have higher ACC than my DRG then you are just crazy <.<
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 05:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tristean said:
DNC can tank(in some situations) but again... y'all may not flame me but another crowd(The tank job crowd) will. You guys will flame the DD dnc. The mages will flame the Healing DNC...

Everyone hates dnc lol
DNC over time is the BEST healer if TP is not a issue hands down, kicks the ***out of WHM/RDM/SCH and NOTHING can replace haste samba, so DNC is pretty amazing, the only thing I hate is over zealous dancers who think they are more then ^ Its like a WAR/WHM saying he is the new PLD and no other PLD can compare.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-22 05:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

If my 85 DRG does not have capped ACC on certain mobs in abyssea eating meat IE frogs, there is now way in hell a DNC can cap ACC, and if you are trying to tell me a DNC can have higher ACC than my DRG then you are just crazy <.<

actually..they can...look at gear sets
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 05:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
That would only be +74acc w/ a B+ Weapon, still would require pizza
4 more from a different back piece and some others but that is pretty close
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-22 05:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Asura.Tristean said:
DNC can tank(in some situations) but again... y'all may not flame me but another crowd(The tank job crowd) will. You guys will flame the DD dnc. The mages will flame the Healing DNC... Everyone hates dnc lol
DNC over time is the BEST healer if TP is not a issue hands down, kicks the ***out of WHM/RDM/SCH and NOTHING can replace haste samba, so DNC is pretty amazing, the only thing I hate is over zealous dancers who think they are more then ^ Its like a WAR/WHM saying he is the new PLD and no other PLD can compare.

Well, since FFXI is mostly based on abyssea now(you can't disagree lol), mages get access to ridiculous refresh atma which makes the dnc the non-ideal healer because of its timers.

In Woe (except the third arena) DNC is quite nice as a healer though ^^.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 05:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

actually..they can...look at gear sets
No, the simple fact you are comparing a Dual Wield Job vs. a 2 Handed job with lvl 3 Acc Bonus is beyond my understand of what the *** you may be thinking, maybe its a little late?
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 05:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Asura.Tristean said:
DNC can tank(in some situations) but again... y'all may not flame me but another crowd(The tank job crowd) will. You guys will flame the DD dnc. The mages will flame the Healing DNC...

Everyone hates dnc lol
i may be a zealot, and you may be right about hasso being broken. but people need to realize that dnc can DD very well (not the best) and still dish out heals and keep haste samba up
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-22 05:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Tristean said:

Lord...

DNC tanks fine x;

wut
Fance Dance, its like sentinel but lasts 5 minutes, trust me a DNC can take a hit.

Ixion is all about knowing how to avoid its TP moves, and DD are constantly taking dmg, what is the best source of gaining enmity? Cures, what does DNC do best? Cure.

I didnt want to believe it at first we let the dude tank it for shits and giggles, I did not expect him to do as well as he did.

But I dont want to derail this, DNC can tank nuff said.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 05:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tristean said:

Everyone hates dnc lol
I've commented on the mechanics involved previously. It can, but it's far from efficient and your DDs have to hold back a lot or they'll effortlessly overtake you, at which point I'd ask why you didn't have them tanking to begin with. We're actually worse off in that department than when I made that post now that the level cap has increased... less hate from cures.

yunalaysca said:
on a side note, (im gonna have to look into making this work) but i just discovered nusku's sash
Not worthwhile.

yunalaysca said:
zomg rng is soooooooo much better!!!!!11z

i may have gone to far by saying dnc can out DD sam. but i will not concede to the fact that dnc is definitely up there as a DD, not only a haste samba *** as half these angry people make it out to be.
Yeah, that was a bit much. Still, the gap between DDs isn't as significant as it's sometimes made out to be, and Abyssea helps DNC quite a bit if you have the proper abyssites and atmas. I'd still encourage DNCs to emphasize support over DDing, but there is not and has never been anything wrong with contributing DPS once your support roles (both debuffs and cures/healing waltz) are taken care of.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 05:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:

Fance Dance, its like sentinel but lasts 5 minutes, trust me a DNC can take a hit.

Ixion is all about knowing how to avoid its TP moves, and DD are constantly taking dmg, what is the best source of gaining enmity? Cures, what does DNC do best? Cure.

I didnt want to believe it at first we let the dude tank it for shits and giggles, I did not expect him to do as well as he did.

Best source of VE yes, but capping VE has always been trivial... Damage is the best source of CE, not cures, and that's why DNC won't keep up in a tanking situation without conservative DDs or some TAs. Fantod's not a bad competitor as CE generation goes either :P
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-22 05:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:

No, the simple fact you are comparing a Dual Wield Job vs. a 2 Handed job with lvl 3 Acc Bonus is beyond my understand of what the *** you may be thinking, maybe its a little late?

can we not talk down to friggin everybody that posts here mankey? k thx... dnc gets acc bonus 3 as well..look it up... and the gear sets for straight acc+ are fairly similar..but dnc gets a slight edge..the 2h dex bonus is gonna pull ahead by maybe a few acc points..but not much if any...calm the hell down though when you post lol...seriously
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 05:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 05:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't resist :P
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-22 05:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Tristean said:

Lord...

DNC tanks fine x;

wut

how did your dancer get hate at all lol I tank DI every day on sam/nin
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 05:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:

can we not talk down to friggin everybody that posts here mankey? k thx... dnc gets acc bonus 3 as well..look it up... and the gear sets for straight acc+ are fairly similar..but dnc gets a slight edge..the 2h dex bonus is gonna pull ahead by maybe a few acc points..but not much if any...calm the hell down though when you post lol...seriously
I am not meaning to sound like i am talking down to you, its generally why i apologize for previous posts that seem harsh, but the face is, it would be more then a couple points Dual Wield vs. 2 hander.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 05:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Tristean said:

Lord...

DNC tanks fine x;

wut

I really believe almost any DD could tank DI now lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-09-22 05:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Same way I would keep hate on my PLD, ive tanked Ixion well over 100+ Times, cures are the most stable form of enmity on that thing. It has a 50-75% damage reduction from the front so a regular DD attacking from the front trying to hold hate off other DD attacking it from behind just is not going to happen.

This is at 75 though, I havent touched Ixion once since abyssea has been released, useless HNM is useless.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-22 05:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

no its not though mank..look at the gear sets...they both get acc bonus 3, and the dex/acc of 2x kila+1 is more than a dex+ polearm (which i, at first thought was good..but its actually stupid to augment with ToM) so that weapon is kind of even moot as its impractical..but dex+/acc+ kila+1s isn't as bad, because its a WS mod for all dagger WS...
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 05:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Tristean said:

Everyone hates dnc lol
I've commented on the mechanics involved previously. It can, but it's far from efficient and your DDs have to hold back a lot or they'll effortlessly overtake you, at which point I'd ask why you didn't have them tanking to begin with. We're actually worse off in that department than when I made that post now that the level cap has increased... less hate from cures.

yunalaysca said:
on a side note, (im gonna have to look into making this work) but i just discovered nusku's sash
Not worthwhile.

yunalaysca said:
zomg rng is soooooooo much better!!!!!11z

i may have gone to far by saying dnc can out DD sam. but i will not concede to the fact that dnc is definitely up there as a DD, not only a haste samba *** as half these angry people make it out to be.
Yeah, that was a bit much. Still, the gap between DDs isn't as significant as it's sometimes made out to be, and Abyssea helps DNC quite a bit if you have the proper abyssites and atmas. I'd still encourage DNCs to emphasize support over DDing, but there is not and has never been anything wrong with contributing DPS once your support roles (both debuffs and cures/healing waltz) are taken care of.
short 2% haste but it is faster

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 05:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Same way I would keep hate on my PLD, ive tanked Ixion well over 100+ Times, cures are the most stable form of enmity on that thing. It has a 50-75% damage reduction from the front so a regular DD attacking from the front trying to hold hate off other DD attacking it from behind just is not going to happen.

This is at 75 though, I havent touched Ixion once since abyssea has been released, useless HNM is useless.
2 DDs, one to the front and the other behind. WS to gain hate when DI's facing the other way, that alone is more than even an ideal DNC (and I'm talking one hell of a cure cheat + HQ enmity set here) is going to get from a single Waltz III cheat.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-22 05:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

yunalaysca said:

Depends on how much haste you have. DW Mirke + Bullwhip still wins though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-22 05:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Tristean said:

Lord...

DNC tanks fine x;

wut

I really believe almost any DD could tank DI now lol

yea and dancer isnt a DD on hnms lol abyssea xp mobs ok, mobs with high defense and evasion not so much
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 05:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

2 DDs, one to the front and the other behind. WS to gain hate when DI's facing the other way, that alone is more than even an ideal DNC (and I'm talking one hell of a cure cheat + HQ enmity set here) is going to get from a single cure.
i didnt want to touch on this since what im gonna say is kinda moot.... but i'll atleast say something on the matter.

while in abyssea doing nm's while i wasnt riding fan dance (used it when it was needed) i was pulling the most hate. my healing wasnt being spammed and at the same time i wouldnt say every DD there was top geared... and depending on the mob you can /war for double voke
By yunalaysca 2010-09-22 05:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
yunalaysca said:

Depends on how much haste you have. DW Mirke + Bullwhip still wins though.
good point...
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 05:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

vs.
The skill alone would put DRG ahead from being a A+ and not B+, never mind the fact its a 2 hander vs. Dual Wield, It would be close to a degree just because DNC has decent acc for a DW, but wouldnt be less then 10% and not enough to allow use of meat vs. pizza
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-09-22 05:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Night would Mirke > New body? Pizza would be used regardless so I wouldn't see why not generally right?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15