Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-09-08 11:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5578/detail.html

Looks like we getting a Campaign type battle system for our AF3 armour :D

Wow, not what I was expecting at all, but cool! 8D Was worried it was going to be a new end-game system I'd have to devote more days to, glad to see it sounds totally soloable/do it on your free time while seeking an Abyssea alliance.

Jester hat, HERE I COME!! >D

Edit: Remembering how much Campaign Battle sucked when the last update happened and battles were over in ~30 seconds with everyone storming them...hoping this is fixed. 8/
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-09-08 11:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the material but missed if it said we are going to lose time here when we enter if we are doing the new campaign battle in abyssea. Does anyone know yet?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-09-08 11:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Xarchangel said:
Read the material but missed if it said we are going to lose time here when we enter if we are doing the new campaign battle in abyssea. Does anyone know yet?

Yes we will loose time like normal, and the special effect granted to those participating in the battles will be ejected from area if status runs out like usual.

I hope that they'll reward you with some sort of credits if you get booted, since putting in time to do these battles and getting booted with no reward at all would suck.
 Sylph.Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-09-08 11:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said:
Gilgamesh.Xarchangel said:

Yes we will loose time like normal, and the special effect granted to those participating in the battles will be ejected from area if status runs out like usual.

I hope that they'll reward you with some sort of credits if you get booted, since putting in time to do these battles and getting booted with no reward at all would suck.
Quote:
When an enemy is felled (regardless of whether the killing blow is struck by an adventurer or a Resistance NPC), adventurers will receive experience points, limit points, cruor and Resistance Credits commensurate with their contributions to the fight. Enemies will also, on rare occasions, yield purloined "martello cores," items which may be used to upgrade the Pulse Martello.

Sounds like this will be an ongoing exp distribution, just like abyssea alliance fights. If so, that solves the problem of doing lots of work and being booted. Hopefully time extensions are granted every once in awhile too...
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-09-08 11:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Time extentsions would be a nice thing..
 Sylph.Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2010-09-08 11:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kittty said:
Edit: Remembering how much Campaign Battle sucked when the last update happened and battles were over in ~30 seconds with everyone storming them...hoping this is fixed. 8/
Quote:
Enemy Sighted!
Bastion battles will arise in all three Scars of Abyssea areas: Abyssea – Attohwa, Abyssea – Misareaux, and Abyssea – Vunkerl. The more adventurers distinguish themselves in their exploits, the sooner the hordes will take notice and commence their attack. Amassing considerable quantities of martello cores will also serve to attract the attention of formidable fiends.

Sounds like this may have been fixed. The more people in the zone, the more likely another battle will begin. Here's hoping...
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-09-08 11:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how many of these Resistance points we need to get our AF3 armour