Abyssea Lights

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea Lights
Abyssea Lights
By Yves 2010-09-07 00:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, just have to point this out because I hear it way to often: LIGHTS IN ABYSSEA DO NOT GET RESET UNLESS YOU EXIT. The rumor of "somebody new got a killshot and now our lights are reset" is 100% false. Chests are based on who got the killshot and their specific light count.

Yes, the preference is to have new/re-entered people avoid killshots for that very reason but it happens.

If anybody needs proof, please apply common sense. If the myth of lights resetting were try the following scenario would never occur (and it often does):

1. New member gets killshot and chest drops 200 cruor
2. Existing member with max lights gets the next killshot and chest drops 1000 cruor.

See how that works? If lights were reset every following box after step 1 would result in <max chest/drop.

Yes, there are other variables that affect lights that I/we dont know about. But come on! Common sense people, please.
 Ifrit.Zibo
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-09-07 00:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Our whole server is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Apparently starting an Abyssea group that went on for 3 days does not earn me enough Abyssea knowledge to know how to cap exp and time.
By bigdave78 2010-09-07 00:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you go 3 days with out dumping merrits. Where you just chest person as level 30? Curious how long would 30-80 take and how many keys you would have brought.

Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-09-07 00:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong forum :P
By bigdave78 2010-09-07 00:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I was responding the the post above mine.
 Alexander.Odaka
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-09-07 00:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i was responding to the OP, this entire thread is in the FFXIV section.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-07 00:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

bigdave78 said:
How can you go 3 days with out dumping merrits. Where you just chest person as level 30? Curious how long would 30-80 take and how many keys you would have brought.

took me 12 hours to go 41-80 war, so im guessing 14 tops to cap from 30
 Cerberus.Zerio
Server: Cerberus
user: Zerio
By Cerberus.Zerio 2010-09-07 00:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Odaka said:

thats true xD
By Yves 2010-09-07 00:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Odaka said:

Oh snap lolz. Been a long day. Mods, please move to FFXI section. >.<
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-09-07 01:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

well i think people might be mixing up some info they've heard along the lines.

if you kill a mob different from the family you are exping on it resets the exp "chain" if you will.

However any gold light you already have still stays and raises your minimum exp.

I've experienced this once after a pt i was in a while broke.. i moved to a different mob and exp reset.. but not all the way down.

bigdave78 said:

It takes about 150k cruor to take a job 49~80(capped xp) if you dont bother messing with the chests and just pop them all .. temp items, cruor, time, red chests.. everything but soothing light. Can do all that in a day (long day lol)
 Ifrit.Zibo
Server: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-09-07 01:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said people didn't dump merits? Do you think the whole alliance started at level 30 and had such a horrid killspeed that it took 3 days to get 80? Furthermore I never stated everyone stayed the whole time, most people came and went at 12 hour intervals.