Glitches, Problems, Etc (For People IN THE BETA)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Glitches, problems, etc (For people IN THE BETA)
Glitches, problems, etc (For people IN THE BETA)
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-04 08:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i was just mining and i was running to another point a bunch of people and mobs were in my way and the game crashed
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
Server: Shiva
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2010-09-04 08:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep having problems when i use the Battle regement. Ill attack the mob they want, hit it once and then i just stand there and get killed to death. wont let me attack, wont let me cast spells... just lets me die. It took 30 minutes to kill 2/3 skinless moles (or something like that). thing is they were easy prey, i fought 7 of them and got killed 5 times.

Only other thing is the delay'd responces to my keyboard and controller commands. kinda frustrating.The few moles i killed were posted dead in the log for 20 seconds of so and then the fight would be over. My system is over compatible so idk what the laggy issue is.
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-04 08:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
I keep having problems when i use the Battle regement. Ill attack the mob they want, hit it once and then i just stand there and get killed to death. wont let me attack, wont let me cast spells... just lets me die. It took 30 minutes to kill 2/3 skinless moles (or something like that). thing is they were easy prey, i fought 7 of them and got killed 5 times.

Only other thing is the delay'd responces to my keyboard and controller commands. kinda frustrating.The few moles i killed were posted dead in the log for 20 seconds of so and then the fight would be over. My system is over compatible so idk what the laggy issue is.

The Battle Regimen is for party play, likely to get things like skillchains, etc. There's directions for using it on the Beta Site.

If you did all that, then I'm not really sure what the problem is. I noticed it pop up and ended up canceling out of it so I wouldn't die.

As for the delayed response, it's more than likely caused by everything being server side. I get delays/lag even if I turn everything to the lowest settings.
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-09-04 11:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Btw, the beta forums (which everyone in the open beta has access to) have a whole bunch of threads specifically for feedback, as well as a bug report form. Go use it.

what blazza said, if you dont report bugs/ give feedback you completely defeat the purpose of the beta
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-04 11:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it odd that you can't access the forums. I've been testing since the start, but I was actually locked out of the forums when open beta started; apparently alpha/beta testers don't automatically get into open testing. However, after applying for open beta and getting in, I can access the forum again.

(there's about 45,000 people registered on the EU forums)
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
Server: Shiva
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2010-09-04 16:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Shiva.Durtiesweat said:
I keep having problems when i use the Battle regement. Ill attack the mob they want, hit it once and then i just stand there and get killed to death. wont let me attack, wont let me cast spells... just lets me die. It took 30 minutes to kill 2/3 skinless moles (or something like that). thing is they were easy prey, i fought 7 of them and got killed 5 times. Only other thing is the delay'd responces to my keyboard and controller commands. kinda frustrating.The few moles i killed were posted dead in the log for 20 seconds of so and then the fight would be over. My system is over compatible so idk what the laggy issue is.
The Battle Regimen is for party play, likely to get things like skillchains, etc. There's directions for using it on the Beta Site. If you did all that, then I'm not really sure what the problem is. I noticed it pop up and ended up canceling out of it so I wouldn't die. As for the delayed response, it's more than likely caused by everything being server side. I get delays/lag even if I turn everything to the lowest settings.

Good Advice(although there is a solo choice too). I just read up on the system for Battle Reg.
Also tried the same with settings and had the same effects too. Seems now though im stuck on 00:01 time left 94.7 complete on my update for 30 minutes... Hmmm

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-04 19:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This x5 today

"You have encountered a problem with FFXIV needs to be closed"

I noticed this problem started yesterday for some reason.

Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-04 21:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

some that iv come across.

seeing "you obtain X-crystal shard" when other people kill monsters.

doesn't accully give you crystal shards

the anmia for telephoning not refreshing.

once out of nowhere i see a antlion digger running across the desert in the low-level area.. with nobody in front of it running for there life.... thought that was a bit odd

this is the BIG one!... update system. if they plan on sticking with what they have now... there goes a good 80% of the customers that bought the game and rage quit because they can't get it updated and working

having to be forced to use alternative means like downloading from other websites or bit-torrent.. shouldn't be done for a commercial release...

random ffxivgame.exe errors. seems like they hit right after a big lag spike or just before a cutsean

when you DC or if your wireless xbox controller goes idle. you have to complacently shut the client down. and reopen
to be able to sign back in. and use controller.

RMT already... you have got to be f**king kidding me... have a mean of being able to check a players IP and block that IP entirely addresses or do a better job at preventing them from the start

thats about it for my list of errors.

not much of an error but would be great if there was a means of sending things from one player on the account to another on the same account by some means. kinda how you can use the d-box from ffxi.

tho the market place is a GREAT idea. and i love it. it seems that only the first ones are active. nobody ever goes to the others because lack of traffic. make all the market places in a single zone and able to contentiously walk in a circle or long pathway rather then having to zone 10 times to check everyone./discover the other 9 don't have a single soul in them. even considering the first one is way over crowded and lag-tastic
By Motherhuber 2010-09-04 22:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Motherhuber said:
Odin.Moondaddy said:
Motherhuber said:
I have a new desktop with i5 and the Intel(R) HD graphics and i can't get ffxiv beta to work. I got key went thru the complete download. I start the game from the desktop shortcut and run in administrator. It goes to the log in screen, then to a screen where i have to click play. after that then i get a black screen and then a windows screen says it has to close the program. I updated my drivers for my Intel(R) HD Graphics too. Can someone help me?
you need atleast a nvidia 8800gt for the game to run, srry kids but your onboard vid wont run this final fantasy
When i went to Best Buy to buy this pc, I said i needed it to play FFXIV and they pulled up the stats for the game and said this pc will be able to run this game. I was told the video card i have will work.
Odin.Moondaddy said:
goin to best buy was your first mistake, srry to hear you got screwed over edit: on a side note you are a $150 upgrade away from playin ffxiv on your new pc
Mother.. just check out the specs on computer, and game.. Not all the time, buying cpu parts in pieces is the allround better answer. -.- Might be something mine-ute..i'm betting maybe ram or vid card.. idk your system.. dble check, all I can say! hmmm...=/ Blazz is right....
Thanks everyone for the help. ended up taking the pc back to best buy and they offered to exchange my pc for a new one. but to exchange my pc for one that will run ffxi would of cost me $500 so i got Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT. thanks everyone for all of the advice
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-04 23:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

add another to my list. controller just stopped working even tho it remain connected... and of course had to restart to get it to re-establish the fact it was there.
 Valefor.Brocklee
Server: Valefor
user: brocklee
By Valefor.Brocklee 2010-09-05 00:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

nothing unexpected. it IS a beta after all. Only problem I'm having is the small mob counts and the constant D/C when I try and do leve's.

I'm mainly into crafting and gathering in this game though and no problems there.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-05 16:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

also when you /sit in front of a stand. you have 2x stand commands when you open your window. both looking identical. stand for accessing or adjusting a bazaar stand. and stand for standing up. but both just say "stand"

also. loaded up on my laptop. not a very powerfull one. but somehow manages to run it... sorta...

compaq CQ60 2 gigs of ram, AMD64x2 QL-62
Nvidia Geforce 8200m
250gig sata drive

it runs... at 1FPS lol
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Server: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-09-05 22:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now I'm positive my old video card won't run the game, but I was wondering if my CPU would be sufficient to run it. I have a P4 3.0E HT. Will this be enought to play the game if I buy a new video card, or will I have to upgrade my entire system?
 Carbuncle.Krionin
Server: Carbuncle
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2010-09-05 23:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Moondaddy said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Btw, the beta forums (which everyone in the open beta has access to) have a whole bunch of threads specifically for feedback, as well as a bug report form. Go use it.

what blazza said, if you dont report bugs/ give feedback you completely defeat the purpose of the beta

Is it a bug that I am playing the beta but can't post in their forums? lol
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-05 23:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't even access "Client Problems" or "Hardware Problems" with my SE account. It's really stupid with so many restrictions.
 Bahamut.Purrfectly
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Purrfectly 2010-09-05 23:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol its stuck at 94.9 percent and wont go no farther... when downloading
 Bahamut.Purrfectly
By Bahamut.Purrfectly 2010-09-06 01:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting a comment when i try to play the game saying
13001 The lobby server connection has encountered an error.
Error Code: 1015

Any ideas whats going on?
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-06 01:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Purrfectly said:

Servers are down.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-06 01:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Purrfectly said:
I'm getting a comment when i try to play the game saying
13001 The lobby server connection has encountered an error.
Error Code: 1015

http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=902&la=1
 Bahamut.Purrfectly
By Bahamut.Purrfectly 2010-09-06 01:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys ^^
 Fenrir.Wynnia
Server: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-09-06 14:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bricky said:

I can't even get to the login screen man. /sigh

The benchmark won't even run. On three different computers. Going a bit crazy here.

I'm getting the same error.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-06 20:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

another issue iv been coming across alot.. the game is auto zooming in to max. almost to first person view. and stays. try to zoom back out. but the first time i move the analog stick up or down. it moves right back in
By Eugenitor 2010-09-06 22:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-07 01:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

filters that do the parasite of what there suppose to do. i turn more filters ON and start getting spammed even worse.. im even seeing others exp gains...

didn't work right at first but after re-doing them they starting doing what they was suppose to.

abilities not being memorized from when you change your gear (weapon) to change jobs. when you return to a previous job. you have to re-set everything... kinda how BLU was before the new update.
 Bismarck.Danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-07 01:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

having to spam "arbor call" to get it to work...
having to spam "lay of the land" to get it to work...
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 07:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

oh good a thread about bugs/glitches/stuff

1. I wanna know something: IS it just me, or is crafting an item that needs another off-craft level a bit... buggy?

Long story short, I'm a Weaver.
http://ffxiv.yg.com/recipe/hempen-slops?id=441
I made these with Weaver 5 Leathercraft 1 (i believe the leathercraft was 5 for those)
made a good 3-4 in 6 tries.

http://ffxiv.yg.com/recipe/hempen-hat?id=498
Before leveling up Leathercraft, I tried at least 8 times, failing at about 80%. Leathercraft is now 5 and tried another 8-10 times and fails at about 50%. (Weaver lvl8 right now)

Synthing pisses me off

2. Constant connection issues resulting in DCing or R0. I don't usually get this bad in FFXI! Christ.

3. Targetting. Is. A. *** when you're trying to cure someone in your party without disengaging and running around like a moron finding them. I mean I've been trying different things and the way I found out that worked the best was while having your weapon out: cure (then you see the Area of effect crap) and toggle but that only works with people on screen.

4 and 5. 4 is they still gotta translate stuff that pops up in the english version, especially the "yer armor needs repairs!" icon. which brings us to 5. WHY the *** am I paying 1.2k for an npc repair to take it from 45% to 50% (which is the max npc repair) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE S-E, make it so it repairs to at least 75%. I know you're trying to promote people crafting, but honestly, think of higher gear. You'll need a lvl99 craft to fix that gear. Just please PLEASE let us fix to 75%. You don't know how annoying it is to see that yellow (then when you battle one thing, it goes to Red) *** DOT.

6. DCing in the middle of levequests -- When this happens, you automatically fail it. S-E needs to change this. Badly.

7. Failing synthesis should at least let us scavange a few items used, instead of nuking it all.

more to come later while i think of them.

Honestly it's a good game but I have to agree with others, it's not ready for release yet =/
[+]