Group 1 Merits !!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Group 1 Merits !!!
Group 1 Merits !!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Vepion
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Vepion
By Quetzalcoatl.Vepion 2010-09-02 16:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been puppetmaster since its release. I have always thought 5/5 ranged skill was better than 5/5 melee skill (until I started really paying attention to my puppet last year)

My reasons were that I wanted to see AP do more dmg and hit more often! well my AP is very nice indeed but I find that my puppet gets TP slowly. So would sacrificing the 10 skill in ranged for 10 skill in melee help that? Or would taking the ranged skill away be too much? Is the melee skill too marginal a difference to invest in? (I use scope on rng frame and will always have 1-2 maneuvors up)

When situations call for it, I will also TP in Pantin Tobe (pet: acc+10) to give my frame a boost.

Please, could someone help me with some advice?

Thank you!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-02 16:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I would never merit the melee skill personally. (some say i'm nuts for it but here's why..) If you're looking for acc during TP phase, there are parts for that... there is gear for that. You can easily equip 1 coiler (DA part) with the stabilizer II (believe thats the acc one off the top of my head lol) and get some nice DA procs and acc with 1-2 thunders up while you shoot. Just revamp your maneuvers just prior to WS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vepion
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Vepion
By Quetzalcoatl.Vepion 2010-09-02 16:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

well now I know thank you very much, your info was quite helpfull ^.^!!!
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-09-03 01:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I did (or will finish, I don't remember; just reactivated and can't play until this weekend)

5 melee
5 magic

Magic is obvious, but I chose melee because every single frame uses it. Ranged skill, however, only helps sharpshot. This is just what I did, though; in the end it's your merits ^^.
 Unicorn.Zijder
Server: Unicorn
user: Zijder
By Unicorn.Zijder 2010-09-03 19:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I would personally never merit ranged skill, 5/5 melee and magic only.

Melee not only helps all your frames but its also sharpshots primary form of tp generation. And while you can compensate for SS's C+ melee skill with accuracy attachments that means your giving up double attack from the coiler (because you'd have on target marker for anything above EM, Stabilizer II and heat seeker for acc) and/or you're losing out on haste and ranged acc from having to keep up thunder maneuvers instead of wind. Also don't forget a higher melee skill means it will hit harder, increasing its dot which will help negate the small boost in damage from the more infrequent ranged attacks and WS's.

Ranged may give you slightly more powerful/accurate AP's, but melee will give you more AP's over time.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-09-05 03:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i did 5/5 ranged, to help not missing these armor piercers
and magic 5/5 of course
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-09-05 05:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

even if you miss some armor piercers (very rare but ok), with 5/5 melee skill you will tp faster, and WS more often.
[+]