Possible To "Browse" All Items, Including Rare/EX Things.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Possible to "Browse" all items, including Rare/EX things.
Possible to "Browse" all items, including Rare/EX things.
 Bismarck.Alwinn
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Alwinn
By Bismarck.Alwinn 2009-01-25 02:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Try using the Power Search. You can limit it down to exactly what you looking for and it includes the R/EX items in the searches. You can then order the items in many different fashions.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-26 12:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you really need to look at over 100 similar items...? I doubt 100 similar items to compare DPS even exist for any given level range / job combo...
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-01-26 12:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're scrolling through a specific job to see what gear becomes available at a certain level, and are not filtering by slot, you'll see more than 100 results in a number of level ranges.

I second Pyree's suggestion. Can the dev's add a "Next X results" link for queries that exceed 100 (or perhaps even 50) rows?

This would be exceptionally handy for the Power Search feature.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-26 16:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems kind of haphazard to me... Generally when I do a search I'll focus on one slot in about a 20 level range.
For example... You're just starting a job and want to know where you should gear switch for it (which should be pretty obvious to anyone that's already leveled a job or two beyond 30). So you'd search for armor in the head slot for a random choice, then you limit it from 0 to 20 levels, then limit to that job, then sort by level either ascending or descending.
After you've done that you can easily scroll through the list and see what you want to buy.
Or... If you're looking for say armor that gives accuracy, you just type in Accuracy for the description box (2nd from the top) and can see all armor for the head slot with accuracy...
Or maybe you're looking to increase a specific stat for a weapon skill. You just type in that stat's three letter abbreviation and then select the specific slot or even the 'all' section.

I think the key here to get what you want is to limit the results to a specific level range. You can search for something say lvl 1-40, 40-75, etc. and compare two items back and forth. Once you hit lvl 75 on a job and are looking to refine your end-game gear you're "probably" not going to use gear under level 40 or 50... Or at least I'd hope not.

This will most likely fall on deaf ears though since you see the search as 'broken' and just want it fixed to please you. And... While I really don't see it necessary to display more than 100 results, I don't think it would be too 'hard' for them to implement it. I guess I just like the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." lol