Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea and lvl scaling
Abyssea and lvl scaling
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-08-28 19:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering if anyone's seen any verification from SE if older Abyssea zones will scale to higher level's (IE 81-85, 86-90...etc). I mean I know Vision's site states:

"Battles, however, are designed to pose a challenge to characters level 75 or above."

And of course for those who've seen Scar's page:

"Battles, however, are designed to pose a challenge to characters level 80 or above."

Just kinda curious if SE touched on this and I missed it or what, since if mobs will only scale to a certain point, then after 3rd add-on where will we be looking at for 91-99 as far as exp grounds are concerned? I know they added a few new higher lvl mobs for ppl to exp off of in certain zones, but they'd have to step this up beyond 2-3 new camps per update.
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-08-28 19:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

doesnt really matter, even if its not scaled you just start with more exp
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-29 04:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Astral burn. Even old school meripo with a level sync will be easy to setup.
 Ifrit.Zibo
Server: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-29 04:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst that can happen it you drop what? 100/exp per kill, still means 500/kill

Besides the fact you can just go to new Scars zones to exp, the mobs you fight make little difference.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-08-29 05:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically it sounds like they're wanting to try to keep people from grind-fest on the Aby zones already available. Once you get to 630exp/kill, you could potentially still see a retardly fast increase in level from 80-85, and further. Either A: SE will limit exp per mob (cap off at 200 or w/e) from current Abyssea mobs based on level so you MUST go to the Scar zones, OR B: raise the experience point requirements per level to such a ridiculous height that current zones would take forever, and Scar zones would supplement.

Only problem I see with plan B: leeches would leech that much harder.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-29 05:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You're assuming SE wants to make it harder to level. I think they fully realize how many 75s (80s) people have and don't want it to take months to cap one off.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-08-29 05:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

True enough Zibo, they did just hand the vast majority of CoP for people to solo. Come next year we'll take on Promathia alone and every mule in existence will have Rajas/Tamas
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-29 05:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

CoP, although I hate the fact how easy it has become, needed to be nerfed. If you tried to shout for a CoP mission before the update you'd know why.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-08-29 05:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Zibo said:
CoP, although I hate the fact how easy it has become, needed to be nerfed. If you tried to shout for a CoP mission before the update you'd know why.
I did my missions before the update, and I can sympathize. There were times when I bashed my hands into the keyboard until knubs, then face palms until skull showed (I have to find that avatar again, that .gif makes me laugh so hard)

I think, more so than it being entirely too easy now, is that missions have had a common point for each expansion. CoP's common theme was level syncing for various zones, fights, etc, and they butchered it to speed people through since FFXIV is coming and the fan base is moving.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-29 05:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they finally are bringing the game into the direction it needs to go. As a crafter it sucks, but it's nice that (incase of a mass exodus) ~6 people can lowman some of the best gear available w/o the need of high level crafts etc.
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-08-29 06:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

good that new abyssea will be for 80+ levels. as it is now there is not much that is specifically made for such high level players.
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-08-29 09:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Astral burn. Even old school meripo with a level sync will be easy to setup.

So true thats why your 76 and everyone else is 80 in one or multiple jobs.
 Bismarck.Luuujeje
user: luuujeje
By Bismarck.Luuujeje 2010-08-29 09:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we can ignore this with level sync. Umm.. Can we sync entire ally? Never seen that.. But we have to suffer gimp skill ^.^;
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-29 09:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd prefer if they kept XP mobs relatively the same, so you could XP in 6man parties rather than alliances. Too many people AFKing, longer to set up and you'd have less chance of someone jacking gold chests.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-29 09:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luuujeje said:
Maybe we can ignore this with level sync. Umm.. Can we sync entire ally? Never seen that.. But we have to suffer gimp skill ^.^;

Each party leader has to sync seperately.
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-08-29 10:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont see why you would get less exp, all stats show that higher level = higher exp in abyssea. The scars area is probably just for af3, better gears from tougher nms.