XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 216 217 218
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-08-31 07:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Um... Heya Guys and Gals
I just downloaded the FFXIVsetup and that loaded just fine but when I get trying to load the game to start downloading the patches a/d/or updates it doesn't want to load and get an error message of some sort. Here is what I have for a computer...
Sony Vaio Laptop
Inter(R) Core (TM) Duo CPU P8400 @2.26 GHz 2.27 GHz
Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
System Type: 32-Bit windows Vista
With a lame *** Moble Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Series Processor to DRAM Controller 2A40 for a Graphics Card I'm not sure what that is compared to other graphics card. It would be cool if someone could tell what that is equivalent to with other Graphics cards. Um... I not sure what you guys would need to know but I'm getting this message and just am wondering if anyone is getting the same error message.

This is my problem details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ffxivboot.exe
Application Version: 0.9.1.0
Application Timestamp: 4c24bc27
Fault Module Name: ffxivboot.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.9.1.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c24bc27
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0056a705
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e8d0
Additional Information 2: 49ca5e746976667fca6cae97cd1f5983
Additional Information 3: 3587
Additional Information 4: feddab3fc8424dcf25c2245a8b716f01
By darkchildv86 2010-08-31 07:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i run ATI
 Unicorn.Roxanna
Server: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-08-31 07:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

GDI.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Postponed
FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Site can only be accessed by those who have been granted Beta Test accounts.

Beta testers can log in from the link below using their Square Enix Account.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Site Login
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 07:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Roxanna said:
GDI.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, which is scheduled to begin at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010, will be postponed due to a confirmation of critical bugs. New schedule will be released at a later date.

Along with the postponement of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, the issuing of registration code for FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test will be postponed as well. With the download of client software's installer, it will be suspended at 19:00 (PDT) on Aug. 31, 2010.

The FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Site can only be accessed by those who have been granted Beta Test accounts.

Beta testers can log in from the link below using their Square Enix Account.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Site Login
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg
 Unicorn.Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-08-31 08:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts exactly.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 08:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

At least gives time for the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** download to finish.
 Unicorn.Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-08-31 08:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
At least gives time for the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** download to finish.

This. lol
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 08:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV's critical bug:

By Zekko 2010-08-31 08:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Final Fantasy XIV Open Beta Postponed

/sigh

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Can you please keep us updated flion? So we know when it goes live/time? Im in work atm so i cant keep checking SE sites over and over -.-
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-08-31 08:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you guys are talking about... Only took me 4 minutes to download the installer.

T3 lines FTW. >_>
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-31 08:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Barthalomew said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about... Only took me 4 minutes to download the installer.

T3 lines FTW. >_>

The installer is quick, and can be done with the shiitiest of computers. (-mumbles- Like mine for example..) The updating with the Final Fantasy XIV beta version program itself(the 'client') is what people are taking alooooong time to do the update on.
 Asura.Barthalomew
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-08-31 08:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Asura.Barthalomew said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about... Only took me 4 minutes to download the installer. T3 lines FTW. >_>
The installer is quick, and can be done with the shiitiest of computers. (-mumbles- Like mine for example..) The updating with the Final Fantasy XIV beta version program itself(the 'client') is what people are taking alooooong time to do the update on.

oh... lol. well, I can't start that until I get that registration code right? boo
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 09:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you can
 Asura.Barthalomew
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-08-31 09:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

HOW!!!!?!?!??!?!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 09:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Install the client then go back to page 1 of this thread.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-31 09:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Barthalomew said:
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
Asura.Barthalomew said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about... Only took me 4 minutes to download the installer. T3 lines FTW. >_>

oh... lol. well, I can't start that until I get that registration code right? boo
As someone said before I replied: You can start updating it without it being released/closed beta codes. So open the client up and have fun downloading like everyone else ^^;
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-08-31 09:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished installing and updating, took me a little bit over an hour to get all updates dl'd with uTorrent. Then I find out its postponed. Most likely a week or so knowing SE.
 Asura.Barthalomew
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-08-31 09:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't update at work :/ Stupid firewall
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-31 09:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh.. I can't even open the damn installer now. Keeps saying "Windows is looking for solutions to this problem" as soon as I open......
 Leviathan.Punku
Server: Leviathan
user: bakura555
By Leviathan.Punku 2010-08-31 10:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Final Fantasy XIV Open Beta Postponed

/sigh

How much later can they get... only like a month till it comes out XD
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 10:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
I just finished installing and updating, took me a little bit over an hour to get all updates dl'd with uTorrent. Then I find out its postponed. Most likely a week or so knowing SE.

How the ***?

I'm stuck with this huge *** 4gb file that is taking AGES O.O

and fffuuuuu

Hope they don't postpone it for long, since retail is what ... a month or less away? Unless that gets postponed next (lolyep I bet it will)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 10:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
For the sake of the game, they are better off postponing it and making sure they are 100% ready for launch instead of rushing it.

Yeah i'm all for it being postponed if it means they are clearing up some really bad bugs, guess it gives me time then to download the rest of the client on this shitty piece of garbage.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 10:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
For the sake of the game, they are better postponing the game and making sure they are 100% ready for launch instead of rushing it.
With the release date coming in 22 days, everything has to be ready to ship in 15 days.

Now this may seem like a long time but they have to
1. put the game on a DVD
2. print the manual
3. put all the goodies into it
4. Beta Key generate and print and make sure there's no two identical ones
5. Package individual boxes
6. package them into a bigger box
7. get UPS/FedEx/USPS/other services ready for ship on x date
8. stay in stock until otherwise noted.

This can take a while especially for an MMO. S-E most likely has all of that done and is making more, since you know, i'm sure they want a good million + users and it all takes time and money.

Release date will stay unless they haven't done any of the post-production stuff yet.

Besides, one online update can fix it.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-08-31 10:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We have to uninstall all the Beta Phase 1 files correct?
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-08-31 10:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in the past 12 hour I've got 12.3%...

How can it really be that slow O.o? It's making me not even want to play the damn thing.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 10:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

How can it really be that slow O.o? It's making me not even want to play the damn thing.
If you really are complaining about slow downloading, why are you playing FFXI?

Every update is like that plus when you first got the game, how long did you have to wait for that first hueg update?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 10:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
For the sake of the game, they are better postponing the game and making sure they are 100% ready for launch instead of rushing it.
With the release date coming in 22 days, everything has to be ready to ship in 15 days.

Now this may seem like a long time but they have to
1. put the game on a DVD
2. print the manual
3. put all the goodies into it
4. Beta Key generate and print and make sure there's no two identical ones
5. Package individual boxes
6. package them into a bigger box
7. get UPS/FedEx/USPS/other services ready for ship on x date
8. stay in stock until otherwise noted.

This can take a while especially for an MMO. S-E most likely has all of that done and is making more, since you know, i'm sure they want a good million + users and it all takes time and money.

Release date will stay unless they haven't done any of the post-production stuff yet.

Besides, one online update can fix it.

Think your missing the point, if there are some game breaking critical bugs that need to be resolved before the game hits retail and they don't get that done, then they will have no choice then to postpone release. Been done before on other games SE is no different.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 10:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

If you really are complaining about slow downloading, why are you playing FFXI?

Every update is like that plus when you first got the game, how long did you have to wait for that first hueg update?

Full reinstall of XI and everything takes 4 hours.

this is one single file that everyone seems to be getting caught on, it's taking 40+ hours for some, how is that similar?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 10:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Think your missing the point, if there are some game breaking critical bugs that need to be resolved before the game hits retail and they don't get that done, then they will have no choice then to postpone release. Been done before on other games SE is no different.
What's this bug anyways?

"game breaking critical bugs" could mean something like you buy an item from a vendor for 100gil and you can sell it to another vendor for 600gil.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 216 217 218