XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 216 217 218
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-09-01 19:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah... compatibility is a ***, ain't it?

btw, i'm looking for a good server with nice people (preferably join a linkshell). anyone have space for me?
 Leviathan.Snomm
Server: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 19:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't stick the torrent file in the folder, you stick the patch in the folder...the torrent file is only a pointer of about 1KB or 97KB for the 4.7GB file...you need to overwrite the patch file.

If you're on windows 7...

C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta

Then there should be two folders, open them up and go to 'Metainfo' and extract the torrents.

Once you've downloaded them, put them in

C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta

and overwrite all.

I took this from Flionhart since it seems the easiest way to explain what you actually need to do.

wherever your torrents go (mine go in my downloads folder), when they finish, it should create a folder to the effect of FFXIV_Beta or something that is the same name as the folder for the original client you downloaded. You put the folder within the Square-Enix folder and overwrite everything.
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 19:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Radaghast, let it keep going as long as the bottom bar is slowly filling up...and it will be slow at the beginning, trust me.
 Titan.Oxygen
Server: Titan
user: Oxygen
By Titan.Oxygen 2010-09-01 19:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick thanks to everyone that's been providing directions on how to get client and updates done. It was a great help, really appreciate it.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-09-01 19:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:
the ones in the metafile? you shouldn't touch those unless you're torrenting them from a place other than krizz's site. all you need to worry about is putting htose patch files in the right patch folder.
This. I've got two computers I'm working on right now, so my posts will probably be scarce until I get it figure out. Apparently my mobo in one desktop can't handle the new processor. Gotta get the old one back in and update the bios.
I think I know what I did then, I clicked on the torrent on his site and downloaded it all onto the patch folders. So now the patch folders have both a torrent and a .patch file w/ the same name. Let me fix this rq and I'll tell you how it goes. Just for verification is there any way you can tell me which torrent files are supposed to be inside the metafile folders? just to make sure I didn't f something up
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-09-01 19:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jekyll said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:
the ones in the metafile? you shouldn't touch those unless you're torrenting them from a place other than krizz's site. all you need to worry about is putting htose patch files in the right patch folder.
This. I've got two computers I'm working on right now, so my posts will probably be scarce until I get it figure out. Apparently my mobo in one desktop can't handle the new processor. Gotta get the old one back in and update the bios.
I think I know what I did then, I clicked on the torrent on his site and downloaded it all onto the patch folders. So now the patch folders have both a torrent and a .patch file w/ the same name. Let me fix this rq and I'll tell you how it goes. Just for verification is there any way you can tell me which torrent files are supposed to be inside the metafile folders? just to make sure I didn't f something up

tbh, i don't think it matters. but... the older torrent files are the ones you want to keep. the ones which were modified last are probably the ones you downloaded and don't need.
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 19:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

in folder bca2a8ae inside the metainfo folder there should be:
D2010.08.27.2001
H2010.08.04.2000

in the folder d96437e6 inside the metainfo folder there should be:
D2010.08.31.2000
D2010.09.01.2000
D2010.09.01.2001
H2010.08.30.2000
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 19:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you downloaded the client from SE, you will only have 2 torrent files in each folder so a total of 4...open up all 4 in a torrent program, it will download the data for the patch. Go to the folder where your torrent downloads go and copy the FFXIV Beta folder from it and overwrite the one from the C:/documents/my games/ffxiv beta...blah blah blah. Then open the beta client program at which time it will show you are up to date as of 8/31/2010...it will then download the torrent files for 9/1/2010 at which time you will cancel the download and go back to where you opened the other torrents. There will now be 2 more torrents to open in the torrent client at which time you will repeat the same process and when you open the client again, it will verify you are up to date and will install all the files so you will end up in the same boat of waiting like the rest of us.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-01 19:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

One hour(ish) and counting =D

So what's the site we go to get our beta keys?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-01 19:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine http://entry.ffxiv.com/
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 19:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://entry.ffxiv.com/ as far as I understood.
By Fouludragon 2010-09-01 19:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
One hour(ish) and counting =D

So what's the site we go to get our beta keys?

Good question.

Also, instead of torrents where can we go directly to download the client from SE? The entry website? When you go to it there's only information about it nothing downloadable. Where did it go?
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 19:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They took down the client because of the issues and the patch files can't be downloaded except via torrent except on Krizz's site.

http://tehkrizz.net/downloads.asp

...and download only, and I mean ONLY, the open beta files and make sure you are in the right directory stated by Krizz above the files.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-09-01 19:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

omg omg omg :O

1hr 3 minutes!
 Midgardsormr.Chastiti
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Chastiti
By Midgardsormr.Chastiti 2010-09-01 20:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has any suggestions on how it's still trying to download H2010.08.30.2000.patch when I load the beta app even though i've downloaded it and it's in the correct folder?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-09-01 20:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Chastiti said:
No one has any suggestions on how it's still trying to download H2010.08.30.2000.patch when I load the beta app even though i've downloaded it and it's in the correct folder?

did you not get the files from ffxivcore?
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-09-01 20:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

are you REALLY sure it's in the right folder? try redownloading and replacing it. then just let the xiv launcher sit for a while. it sometimes acts as if it's downloading hten realizes it's already there.
 Bismarck.Sithius
Server: Bismarck
user: Sithius
By Bismarck.Sithius 2010-09-01 20:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The site is already near impossible to refresh and there is 50min to go.
 Midgardsormr.Chastiti
By Midgardsormr.Chastiti 2010-09-01 20:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:

are you REALLY sure it's in the right folder? try redownloading and replacing it. then just let the xiv launcher sit for a while. it sometimes acts as if it's downloading hten realizes it's already there.

Yeah, it's in the funky named folder that starts with a d and the patch folder inside that folder.

I thought about redownloading it, except it's the 4 gig one and it'll take forever.

I just don't get what I'm doing wrong.
 Midgardsormr.Chastiti
By Midgardsormr.Chastiti 2010-09-01 20:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If I downloaded it from tehkrizz.net, do i need to download the closed beta file torrents as well?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-01 20:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh
don't mention the 4 gig patch

/started downloading at 5:30pm EST, it's 9:15PM EST and it's only 14% done

/cry
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 20:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

my question to you is, "Do you know where your completed torrent files go?"
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 20:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The second question once you know where your completed torrent files go is whether or not you took the automatically created folder where your torrent files go and overwrote the folder inside the directory stated by Krizz.

No on downloading the closed beta files...useless.
 Midgardsormr.Chastiti
By Midgardsormr.Chastiti 2010-09-01 20:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Once I downloaded the torrents, I had a folder in my downloads directory called ffxiv-beta, then i copied that folder into the square enix folder called ffxiv-beta per the post a few above these.

The beta client says downloading H2010.08.30.2000 [1/4]

That current file is sitting here:

My Games > Final Fantasy XIV Beta Version > Downloads > ffxiv-beta > d96437e6 > patch

Is this wrong?
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 20:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

and since I run windows 7, my completed torrent files go into my personal folder that has my name on it > subfolder Downloads.
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 20:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to take the automatically created folder in your My Downloads called ffxiv-beta (or something close to that) and put it into the my games > ffxiv beta version > downloads folder so that it will update everything that needs to be overwritten.
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-01 20:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

drop the folder inside the folder that has:

ffxiv-beta
downloaded_boot_patch.list
downloaded_game_patch.list
ffxivupdater
upnp_port_mapping

it will overwrite the ffxiv-beta folder...just say add and replace.
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-09-01 20:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

tick tock tick tock lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 20:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply