XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 ... 216 217 218
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-20 18:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

probably going do pugilist again at release to start. archer is awesome but requires a bit of money to keep going. hopefully i can come across better weapons then i did at beta. was like lv15 sitting with the initial hand to hand you get lol
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-20 18:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
probably going do pugilist again at release to start. archer is awesome but requires a bit of money to keep going. hopefully i can come across better weapons then i did at beta. was like lv15 sitting with the initial hand to hand you get lol
If you come to Trabia give me a couple of weeks, and I'll be making the Bronze Knuckles.
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 18:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what to craft... I liked cooking but early on it's useless.
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-20 18:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
If you come to Trabia give me a couple of weeks, and I'll be making the Bronze Knuckles.
yeah i was on trabia in beta i intend on staying for release. trying to get my social LS on ffxi onto trabia if they do play
 Bismarck.Rellz
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-20 18:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I never got into crafting in the beta. i really couldnt find a very good database for recipes so i wasnt sure what to make or what the materials were so i said f it
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-20 19:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we make crafting our main job? lol jkjkjk

But seriously... I think I'm just going to level all of the DoW classes to where they get their restore HP tp moves then possibly pugilist or marauder main. I like tanking but I think the UI is a little too clunky right now for me to think about tanking lol(I did not know that they have a "drain samba" type tp move, totally awesome... wish I tried it out in beta).

I'm pretty sure I'll main bard when it comes to it in the end especially if bard ends up legit meleeing.

FFXI brd's have a decent skill in dagger and have melee gear(just look at their relic gear) but they DO NOT EVER MELEE! So unless SE fully entends bard to melee... it'll probably just stand around buffing. The only way I can see SE getting around it is if they make their buffs TP dependent. Then it'll be like my favorite job, DANCER!!!! WOOTZ!
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-20 19:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

because of work schedules and the buggy torrent crap I never got a chance to play the beta ;_; but I take 4 days off to play. Hopefully I don't spend them trying to configure the client and wait 8 hours in a login queue.

I have no idea what job to play other then a mage class. I'm kinda excited, I'll be playing with no idea wth I'm even doing x'D
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-20 19:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
because of work schedules and the buggy torrent crap I never got a chance to play the beta ;_;
I feel like such a failure =(
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-20 19:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:

Pretty sure they restricted weapons so you couldn't advance too far, or just some other intended reason. Also, was supposed to be able to hold 8 leves at once, I only seemed to mange 5 then had to swap old for newer ones.

Kujata.Akeda said:
because of work schedules and the buggy torrent crap I never got a chance to play the beta ;_; but I take 4 days off to play. Hopefully I don't spend them trying to configure the client and wait 8 hours in a login queue.

The torrent updater has been working for like 2+ weeks. Just install, update and go to bed whilst it downloads when it goes live.
 Asura.Tristean
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-20 19:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
because of work schedules and the buggy torrent crap I never got a chance to play the beta ;_;

You sir, are no failure. Afterall, you aren't god... or are you o.O
 Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-09-20 19:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Siren.Enternius said:
So have any of y'all decided on main classes for sure yet? Would be nice to get like parties set up beforehand so we can be prepared for endgame, when we finally get that far.

I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with Conjurer, I had a lot of fun playing the healer.

That being said, I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. :P
Getting ahead of myself? Nah, it's just a rough outline to see what people want to play. No sense charging into battle with 15 Pugilists or something. Although that would be pretty cool.
Where as with XI, going into battle with 15 MNKs would be horrible.
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 19:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so taking pictures tomorrow if I get it just to make you all jelly.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-20 19:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably not getting it until well after the 30th. =( Looks like the JP collector's edition isn't even gunna ship to the places I'm looking over there until the 30th, and then I have to wait to import it anyway.

It's also ridiculously expensive over there. They want like $130 retail. (JP XI was much more expensive too.) Not including taxes and tariffs.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-20 19:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tristean said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

You sir, are no failure. Afterall, you aren't god... or are you o.O

Don't make his head any bigger! lol

Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-09-20 19:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

your going to play the japanese version?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-20 19:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's evidently the only way I can be sure to get JP language support. No one will answer consistently if XIV will be like XI or not.

In XI, it wouldn't let you even communicate in JP unless you had the JP client, until a Windower hack enabled the IME.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-20 19:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were to guess, I'd say that there's a very good chance that FFXIV would let you type in Japanese, assuming you had your locale set to Japanese. Just the fact that you can copy and paste text to and from the chat log would suggest that they have more elaborate coding for that box.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-20 20:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You could not in XI, because the IME input support is licensed from a third party. SE had to pay extra for every client they shipped with Japanese input support. That's why it was disabled in XI on EN clients even with your locale set.

The only thing worse than the delay in importing the JP client would be to buy the EN client, find out I can't communicate with JP players, then having to buy and wait for the JP client anyway.
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 20:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You can type in Japanese in the English Beta.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-20 20:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You could in the XI English beta too, and they removed it for release.
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 20:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
You could in the XI English beta too, and they removed it for release.

:o that kinda sucks.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-20 20:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So the only reason you want the JP edition is so you can freely type in Japanese?

If there's a way for me to find out if you can type in JP in the NA version without getting it stuck to that language and being unable to switch back, I'll test for you ASAP
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-20 20:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So far I haven't heard officially either way. Someone linked to an article where they said "Yes, we'll support JP input in EN client" and then someone linked me to another where they said "Nope." So I'm hedging my bets.

Then again, they also once threatened not to allow international credit cards to pay for accounts outside of a given region in XIV. In XI, I paid for my JP registered account with a US card. If that's the case for XIV release I'll be *** regardless, because my SquareEnix account is registered to a JP address.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-20 20:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, lemme know what to do if you want me to test for you and I will, at least you'll know if that is an option for you or not.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-20 20:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested both in multi-language input support, and visual display.

In XI, both the EN and JP versions of all client-side text was in both versions of the game. It determined which version to display by what your POL version was. EN players could go full JP client display and and JP input support by swapping out their POL versions. I prefer both -- I want JP input to talk to friends, but I also want JP display because it's more information-dense and easier to read.

I'm curious if XIV is the same way, and if so, how do you switch between them. (Because there is no POL layer this time.) Is the display and input hard-baked into separately released clients? Or is there some kind of toggle? If so, where is it? Can a JP SE account log into an EN client or vice versa? Etc.

In the XIV beta, you could just select your language of choice in the XIV Config utility. But I really doubt that's how they'll do it for release.
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 20:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I'm interested both in multi-language input support, and visual display.

In XI, both the EN and JP versions of all client-side text was in both versions of the game. It determined which version to display by what your POL version was. EN players could go full JP client display and JP input support by swapping out their POL versions. I prefer JP for both -- I want JP input to talk to friends, but I also want JP display because it's more information-dense and easier to read.

I'm curious if XIV is the same way, and if so, how do you switch between them. (Because there is no POL layer this time.) Is the display and input hard-baked into separately released clients? Or is there some kind of toggle? If so, where is it? Can a JP SE account log into an EN client or vice versa? Etc.

In the XIV beta, you could just select your language of choice in the XIV Config utility. But I really doubt that's how they'll do it for release.

The language is based on which language your OS is using.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-20 20:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn so there's no way I could freely switch it then?
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 20:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Damn so there's no way I could freely switch it then?

I don't think so.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-20 21:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

OS languages are freely switchable under Windows 7 Ultimate (I already run it in JP on my primary) so that's not a problem, but where did you read that?

I had the JP beta client running fine on my EN-only Windows installs on other boxes.

I just don't know how it told the client to be in JP. It somehow just was. Is it 'cuz my SE Account was registered there? I don't remember selecting language during install, but maybe I did and don't remember.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-20 21:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
OS languages are freely switchable under Windows 7 Ultimate (I already run it in JP on my primary) so that's not a problem, but where did you read that?

I definitely had the JP beta client running on my EN-only Windows installs on other boxes.

It's on the official beta site, but it's down for maint atm.
Quote:
* The language setting of the operating system will be used to determine the default language setting for the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Check the OP of this thread.

First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 ... 216 217 218