but im sure there's more to come?
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 09:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Flionheart said:
Prelive has ended a few hours back.
edited xD i was wondering why it wouldn't connect

but im sure there's more to come?

I don't know, I think most of the information is done. Remember these are just foot notes, there are obviously things in the game not mentioned, those are just the things they think are the most interesting.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 09:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

is it 2010.9.22 yet ;-;
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 10:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they're not going to release anymore patches until retail. I open my client every few hours to check, and still nothing.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 10:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
I wonder if they're not going to release anymore patches until retail. I open my client every few hours to check, and still nothing.
I'm guessing 1 more update.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 10:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:

I somehow doubt it unless there is a serious issue. Only 5 days~ remaining of the Beta.

As soon as the phase is over I'll be removing it entirely from my HDD. I get the feeling we're going to need a complete re-install tbh.

Interesting tidbit, the Beta was 5Gb, the retail is 12Gb.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 10:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

I somehow doubt it unless there is a serious issue. Only 5 days~ remaining of the Beta.

As soon as the phase is over I'll be removing it entirely from my HDD. I get the feeling we're going to need a complete re-install tbh.

I'm sure we will need to. Once the beta is closed, I'll be cleaning up my site in preparation for launch.

Figures it's a Wednesday. At least I can remote into my home computer to use its connection to download/upload things.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 10:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

I'm sure we will need to. Once the beta is closed, I'll be cleaning up my site in preparation for launch.

Figures it's a Wednesday. At least I can remote into my home computer to use its connection to download/upload things.

Lol. You're a mod now, Ask if we can change the name of this thread to XIV general seeing as that's what it is now lol.

Would be easier to maintain one thread > loads of threads.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 10:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Lol. You're a mod now, Ask if we can change the name of this thread to XIV general seeing as that's what it is now lol.

Would be easier to maintain one thread > loads of threads.
As far as the name goes, the admins rarely change the thread names. This thread is fine for now.

At release, I'd like to see at least one thread dedicated to FFXIV release tech support like this thread ended up being.

I've still got more talking with the admins/mods to do, but I'm not just going to sit idly by. I'm open to all suggestions and ideas.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 10:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Capes are going to be in...

zomg

Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 10:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Capes are going to be in...

zomg

inb4 someone makes a batman character
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-14 10:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I am Batman! /reserves the name "Adam West" ...
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-14 10:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so I just watched the new trailer and omg. >_> It explains one particular zone that I'm absolutely obsessed with. >_>

Haven't gone back to see what this prelive bit is about yet but now I need to go back and read, lol. Can't wait for the damn game already...
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 10:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
OK, so I just watched the new trailer and omg. >_> It explains one particular zone that I'm absolutely obsessed with. >_>

Haven't gone back to see what this prelive bit is about yet but now I need to go back and read, lol. Can't wait for the damn game already...

inorite!

I'm wondering who were running the airships, the Garleans or the Ishgardians.

Also look at the airship again, did it kind of look like it had like a weird jelly growing over it to anyone?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-14 10:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to make a batman character, make sure you call it "The Batman", emphasis on The, like in the Comics. :3
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-14 10:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw heres a little something for people (like me) that like to keep fullscreen but still be able to run other things in the BG.

http://www.windowerxiv.com/

Its legit. Tested it myself, and it even has a hardware mouse feature that doesn't require patching. I love this thing, lol.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 10:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Btw heres a little something for people (like me) that like to keep fullscreen but still be able to run other things in the BG.

Its legit. Tested it myself, and it even has a hardware mouse feature that doesn't require patching. I love this thing, lol.
I'd rather use windowed mode than use something that might have a virus in it.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 10:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Oumura said:

Thanks Oum, Very awesome.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 11:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

idk bout you guys but i'm HYPED about building a boat for Linkshell Ni.

That is going to be fun as hell to do.
By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-14 11:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so finally was able to get into FFXIV server and create character. Can i get a linkshell or whatever. Char name is Amaya Namida on trabia. I did dc though said something about server..
By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-14 11:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It said the lobby server encountered a problem ((
By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-14 11:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

oh... maybe i'm too late?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 12:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What city did you start in? I can sign in (if the lobby server isn't down) and pearl you or get someone to pearl you.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-14 12:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If Ni gets a Boat... can I sing the "I'm on a Boat!" song...?
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-14 12:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm online right now if someone is needing a pearl, just send a tell IG: Satoshi Iwahara
Though there are only 5 days left on the Beta. :\
Was it ever discussed if everyone will be staying on Trabia? If so I can remake the pearl unless my XI LS suddenly decides to go to a different server, which I'm hopefully about to find out. If I stay (very good chance I will btw) I'll remake the pearl or we can decide on a new name if need be. I believe Krizz has a website somewhat up and running if I'm not mistaken?

On a side note, the XIV Windower is virus-free. (I think someone said they didn't want to use it because they were afraid of viruses.) Ran the scans myself.

Not to mention is runs beautifully. So nice to be able to ALT+TAB again without dropping the game.
Anyone that decides to use it and has any questions, feel free to direct them to me.
By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-14 12:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

um.. the middle one i forgot what its called. It kinda looks like windurst in ffxi alot of trees.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-14 12:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ShinkaEvolution said:
um.. the middle one i forgot what its called. It kinda looks like windurst in ffxi alot of trees.
Ah, you started in Gridania. I can port there asap. Just send me a tell in-game. Right now I'm sifting through the Market Wards for new gear. >.>;
By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-14 12:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

how do i tell you? This is a little confusing so far.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-14 12:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
idk bout you guys but i'm HYPED about building a boat for Linkshell Ni.

That is going to be fun as hell to do.

Ok, seriously: I want in on this. I was going to level clothcraft and goldsmithing, but BOATS? BOATS? Yeah, I'm going carpentry.

...Then again, boats need sails. That's clothcraft. Oh god, this is supposed to be a collaborative thing, right? I bet something that huge will involve all sorts of crafting jobs. Smithing for sure. I actually worked and lived on a sailboat (one of those old-world types) for several months the other year, and now my head is spinning remembering all the things they use: I can see a place for smithing, leatherworking, goldsmithing, clothcraft, and carpentry in here. Depending on how accurate SE is, this could be a total blast.

PRIVATE YACHTS, WE CAN HAS THEM.
First Page 2 3 ... 195 196 197 ... 216 217 218