XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 193 194 195 ... 216 217 218
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-14 07:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see it now... huge naval battles and LS mates being tossed overboard. This. Sounds. Amazing.

I love you SE. More than a fat kid loves cake. ^^
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 08:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
Boat smashing!!!! YAYAY!!!
my thoughts exactly

dude I wonder if you can design your own boat for that lol

Colours are changeable, the emblem & flag will be whatever your linkshells emblem is.
Linkshell... Boat... Battles.....

Dude... That's *** awesome.

Pretty much. I believe depending on the type of boat you can actually make it into more of a fortress rather than a battleship.

Like there was a picture of a Linkshell all hanging out in a boat together, and the boat was the size a luxury liner.
Ent better remake Linkshell Ni upon release!
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Negotiations are another way of obtaining loot (other than battles). By choosing the right conversation subject with a NPC, player can engage in negotiations and receive items in exchange for items wanted by the NPC. If player does exceptionally well, it's possible to get some free stuff as an extra.

Ishgard: Ishgard's people have long been at war with man-eating dragons, and thus have not taken on Adventurers. In this city, there are already several quests appearing for the "Dragon Slayers" [faction?] who are at war with the dragons.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

City-states' Guilds
Not all guilds are in every city-state
By passing a certain condition, "class quests" will become available at guilds. Class quests are of course related directly to the class itself, but at the same time are a way to truly learn the details of each city-state. Please enjoy the story revealed in these quests, in addition to the quest rewards themselves.
When you complete a quest, you will receive Guild Tokens [marks?]. We are planning to add more and more things to exchange tokens for.

Other
By combining a particular race's equipment etc with city-state it's unavoidable that a certain degree of being tied down will occur, so this time we are not thinking of doing that. [I'm a little unclear here but I think this means they want to avoid certain races being tied to certain city-states]
Scenario's are balanced, basically, completely soloable or depending on the situation doable with a small number of people. "For the most part, soloable"
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Mana Regeneration: MP management is supposed to be important. Also, spells are supposed to deal high damage in one hit. Having this concept in mind, SE plans to continue to balance this system and (in the future) add some other ways of regaining MP, other than abilities and Aetheryte.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A way to regen MP
A major principle in FFXIV is to emphasize the importance of MP management & it is designed to be necessary to think when to use MP. At the same time, we want to make Magic a strong thing, not something that lays down a little damage at a time but more like a single massive burst of damage at once. Adhering to that concept, we are not just going to balance Aetheryte, existing abilities/magic that regens MP, but we'll also be adding more methods down the road.

Were the exact words actually.

Anyone even watching me update? lol
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-14 08:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

At the edge of my seat.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
Flionheart said:

At the edge of my seat.

lol >.>
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-14 08:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hardware Mouse and UI revamp(?) Changes confirmed to be in development. Hardware Mouse will be ready for Retail.

Probably most important revelation.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Notorious Monster
Soon, there will be NM's even in the world of FFXIV. These will look very different from most of the other normal monsters. We're planning to introduce NM's that are so huge they make a Malboro look small. The tranquil era is about to end! We're going to torment adventurers with these powered up, aesthetically varied NM's which we've prepared "episodes" for.

VERY interesting.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 08:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a feeling this game is going to be bigger than WoW with all this stuff S-E's doing.

By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Damaging monster body parts:
There are monsters which have different body parts that can be damaged. Using a specific weapon skill while standing in a specified position can lead to cutting a monster's body part off. For example, you can cut Malboro's vines or a horn/tail if the enemy has one. In addition to changing the monster's appearance, those actions can have the following effects:
- Weakening the monster
- Preventing monsters from using specific skills
- Acquiring materials from cut/damaged body parts

Monster hunter anyone?
By semimmortal 2010-09-14 08:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***... I really hope most of that would be implemented.
And I thought the beta was good. Wow lol.
It's like a combination of every MMO-ish games (EVE + WoW + MH + PSU, etc).
I'm so excited and scared at the same time. Really don't to be disappointed!
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 08:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
There are monsters which have different body parts that can be damaged. Using a specific weapon skill while standing in a specified position can lead to cutting a monster's body part off. For example, you can cut Malboro's vines or a horn/tail if the enemy has one. In addition to changing the monster's appearance, those actions can have the following effects:
- Weakening the monster

Monster hunter anyone?
This makes me happy. Hooray for being able to get particular mats a certain way instead of random drops.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 08:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Flion, keep the info comin'

I'm posting them in 2 other forums too (just your quotes) in the respected FFXIV threads.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:

Well it's going to be added. I can finally see where the extra 8Gb of content is coming from at least.

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Flionheart said:
- Weakening the monster

Monster hunter anyone?
This makes me happy. Hooray for being able to get particular mats a certain way instead of random drops.

It just totally reminds me of monster hunter. Perfect update for me would to make aesthetic things out of some of those drops as a kind of trophy instead of titles.

See that guy, he has a malboro vine attached to his chest.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 08:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Yes it is. I saw that since day 1 of open beta

they took all the awesome ***and put it in one game.

which is why i said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
I have a feeling this game is going to be bigger than WoW with all this stuff S-E's doing.

By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Balances to enmity in party battle: In beta, they made adjustments to enmity based on magic and abilities, but they have plans for more. These changes, however, will probably take a while to implement. They plan on adjusting the enmity according to contents, equipment, abilities, monsters, and so on. These changes will be made continuously after service begins based on how things are going.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 08:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

@.@ So much new info in under an hour
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Guildleve availability/cooldown
Right now, there is a 2 day cooldown for guildleves. This is not enough for a single person, but the aim was that people would share guildleves to extend this time. This is why we have the leve-link and the bonus rewards for higher difficulty selection, to make it more rewarding and better exp/skill gains to play in a party. However, the time was just too long, and we heard many complaints of this nature, so we will shorten it. With that, we can see the problem with having to travel via teleport more frequently, so we are currently tweaking an anima regen increase.

Upcoming guildleve introduction
We will be adding not just normal guildleves, but a wide variety of types of guildleves. First, there will be higher level guildleves. Among those, many will have more variance in the rules/goals as well as being able to fight with more varied monsters in many more target areas. In particular, we heard many comments of "I want to fight more and more NMs!" so we want to respond to that quickly. Also, the faction leves that were in the Open Beta are designed to be a somewhat "different taste" from regular leves, with hidden starting conditions or npcs. The rewards for these are fairly good, so please try them out! Finally, we are going to be steadily adding more and more leves that encourage coordination between all the classes including gathering/crafting/magic/war. Please look forward to it!

Positive changes to leves. I'm liking the sound of more obscure adventury leves.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 08:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Flion, where the hell are you getting this info at?
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

4 websites, one of which being XIVcore.

Tabs open on

4chan (with sources don't worry)
XIVcore
tinychat with a japanese translator
Kotaku
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 08:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

holy ***

ever had a time where you've recieved so much information that you're about to break down?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-14 08:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

New record.
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Collectors Edition

Higher res

Or

http://i55.tinypic.com/fa0i6x.jpg
By semimmortal 2010-09-14 08:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
holy ***

ever had a time where you've recieved so much information that you're about to break down?
Never had until now.
My mood went from :o to :,D
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
holy ***

Nope, every second of finding and posting new info.

I revel in it in fact.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 08:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

THANK GOD i reserved the collector's edition

omg that looks so cool

edit:

Do i see a *** Coffee mug?

lol is S-E implying something XD
 Valefor.Cloudxi
Server: Valefor
user: Cloudxi
By Valefor.Cloudxi 2010-09-14 08:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

So your saying we get a mug....
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 08:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the translators just stopped, info is going to slow down a bit.

I've tried translating some of it based on VERY VERY little japanese I've learned in the last 3 days.
First Page 2 3 ... 193 194 195 ... 216 217 218