First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 216 217 218
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-10 07:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:

Not the same kind of testing done from those 'review' websites.

Odd. I didn't see any of the sites mention their testing methods.
Quote:
But w/e 8) I don't really care, my card is 33 on the list I linked and I'm very happy with it. If you feel the need to flex your e-peen, be my guest!

Defensive response is defensive. All I did was link a couple sites with different opinions. Also, my card isn't listed at all, so I'm not sure what e-epeen I'd be attempting to flex.

Then again, if you feel the need to be threatened by anyone who mentions something slightly contradictory to you and proceed to attack their "e-peen" with a smug attitude then be my guest. =D
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-10 07:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes with it

You wasn't lol.
Ramuh.Krizz said:
The video card selections drop tremendously when you look at DX11 onry. Speaking in both general terms and FFXIV specific, how much of an impact does DX11 make?

None unless there are DX11 features (which if anything, might be the Ambient Occlusion).
By Zekko 2010-09-10 07:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV is DX9
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-10 07:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
FFXIV is DX9
I'm aware of that. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that DX11 won't improve it. Or at least that's what I'm wanting to know. Will DX11 make something that uses DX10 or DX9 look better?
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-10 07:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
FFXIV is DX9

Yeah it will be in DX9 or people with Win XP wouldn't be able to play it without a DX10 crack. Was just interested if there was like a 10/11 mode.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-10 07:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:

None unless there are DX11 features (which if anything, might be the Ambient Occlusion).
My card takes one look at that and

Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-10 07:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Zekko said:
FFXIV is DX9
I'm aware of that. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that DX11 won't improve it. Or at least that's what I'm wanting to know. Will DX11 make something that uses DX10 or DX9 look better?

Check some Youtube videos, mostly, the one benchmark in a town, shows the roof tiles, they look way better in 11.

Edit: it's called heaven benchmark

Edit edit:

Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-10 07:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The grass, the stone road at 0:51 and 1:40, the Tesselation on the dragon at 1:15, the roof tiles at 1:25.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-10 07:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I'm going to watch it as soon as this file finishes uploading.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-10 07:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:

Do you know anything about those kind of review websites? It's pretty well known that they don't go to the same lengths and are usually bias towards one manufacturer or the other. Besides the fact is the links you posted also disproved what Flion was saying, but you were trying to make me look stupid. I'm not the smug one, you are. I've seen how you act before, that's why I responded to you the way I did >_>

Everyone's bias one way or another. Secondly, there are many more websites than those and many of them are simply the opinions of gamer enthusiasts, computer geeks, and overclock nerds.

My point was not to prove or disprove Flion's statement, but merely to show you that opinions differ pending where you look. For all you know, when he got the card or researched it, it was 4th in the world. Remember, I wasn't the one being presumptuous and finding a list to disprove his statement. Honestly, it's a solid card and I really don't care.

The final statement perplexes me, though. Just how have you "seen the way I act before?" The only things I can recall is making jokes of stereotypes such as women belonging in the kitchen and sexual innuendo based on an out-dated "virgin dot." If you didn't like those, that's fine, but it's hardly a means of judging "how I act."
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-10 08:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a difference between 'stream processing units' and 'processing cores'?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-10 08:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
The grass, the stone road at 0:51 and 1:40, the Tesselation on the dragon at 1:15, the roof tiles at 1:25.
I watched to just after 1:40 and looked at the stuff you pointed out. I see the differences.

Now the big question is if it's worth it in the end to with DX11 onry. Back to comparing prices I go.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-10 08:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Asura.Meowzma said:
I watched to just after 1:40 and looked at the stuff you pointed out. I see the differences.

Now the big question is if it's worth it in the end to with DX11 onry. Back to comparing prices I go.

If I were you and, I was planning to full time XIV, I'd want it to look as pretty as possible. For now, at least, exploring XIV in minimal to medium settings is "wow", get a DX11 card and make it "whoa".
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-10 08:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Asura.Meowzma said:

DX11 is the future, I guess it depends how much you want your graphics card to be a realistic option for new games.
Well considering I only play MMORPGs and SC2 (roms/emulators don't count) on my PCs, I think having a card good enough for FFXIV will last me quite a while. FFXIV is a beautiful game, and if I can run it on decent settings, I don't see myself needing an upgrade for a long time. Hell, I've played FFXI on a box so bad that it looked like old school doom. The important part is I could play. The only reason I'm upgrading my video cards is to be able to run the game at all.

I'll be honest. Your opinion on things like video cards sits low with me based off of your previous posts. You don't seem to know much technically. I like to know WHY my card is better or worse than another.

Asura.Meowzma said:
If I were you and, I was planning to full time XIV, I'd want it to look as pretty as possible. For now, at least, exploring XIV in minimal to medium settings is "wow", get a DX11 card and make it "whoa".
I'll be playing both FFXI and FFXIV. Medium settings is more than enough for me.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-10 08:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you Nvidia or ATI, Krizz?

If Nvidia I would say anytihng in the 400 series, 460 being the cheapest but probably more than enough for XIV.

ATI probably anything in the 5000 range.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-09-10 08:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So you guys are all on Trabia correct?
 Ramuh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-10 08:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
So you guys are all on Trabia correct?

Yarrrr
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-10 08:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:

True I don't know much technically but what I said is true. Eventually most PC games will use DX11. I wasn't telling you to buy one, just pointing out something obvious.
Eventually they'll use DX27.

Eventually.

Your obvious statement doesn't have much support. Games will continue to use DX9 and DX10 with DX11 making them a better quality in the near future.

Asura.Meowzma said:
Are you Nvidia or ATI, Krizz?

If Nvidia I would say anytihng in the 400 series, 460 being the cheapest but probably more than enough for XIV.

ATI probably anything in the 5000 range.
I've always been Nvidia.

I'm trying to upgrade enough to play the game on medium settings without spending much money. Keep in mind I'm upgrading two desktops, not just one. That basically splits my budget in half.

If either desktop could run the game right now, I would just upgrade the fail one. However, I need to get them both up and running.

Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-10 08:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your price range? lol

Man Newegg is terrible to navigate. Good ol' Google.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127510

This is what I was looking at.

There are cheaper versions but I'd prefer MSI as I've used their gear before I know I like them.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-10 08:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:

That ranking list is a collective effort. Not the opinions of one writer. Evidence needs to be provided for a card to get it's place on the list. As I said before I'm not an expert, but I know they run various testing tools and put the card under stress to do those rankings. Explain how it could be bias like the review websites and maybe I'll listen.

Assumptions. I have yet to see anything detailing the process in which any of the cards were tested. This holds true for both the "Forum" and the "Reviews." For all we know, all the tests were done with variables that could skew the results, thus making them biased.

Quote:
Many people have came into this topic asking what graphics card to buy and need advice like I did when I found that list. If somebody says it is the 4th best card "in the world", some of those people might go out and buy it and later regret it. Context my friend, context. Was I saying his card isn't good? Certainly not, and mines is even worse in that case.

Context, my friend, context. Taking the time to quote someone just to offer a list to disprove someone's guessed statement is far from helping others find a "better" card for their rig. Let alone one that blends well with their hardware and is affordable.

So, in context, it seemed like you only cared about one thing: Proving him wrong.

Quote:
Do I need to have a spiraling list to judge you, yet you are allowed to call me smug and defensive based on one post after your attempt to enlighten me (me posting a list is smug and disproves Flion, but you posting a list to disprove me is perfectly acceptable because you are master of the universe) on how my list is definitely not accurate because some review websites (about.com... are you being serious?) disagreed? Love your logic there.

I'm sorry, you didn't like the 2 of 3082392983 results I used? I'll remember to only use Forums and "Well-known testing sites" to counter your arguments since those are what you prefer to listen to.

I don't expect you to have a spiraling list to judge me, or a list at all, really. I expect you to respond to the content of my posts with an actual logical response/counter-argument. Not, "Well, I don't like this guy so I'll just ignore the point and use my predisposition toward him." Then again, your predisposition toward sites other than your own says plenty.

But I digress, if it's your prerogative, not much I can do.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-10 08:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Girls, settle down.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-10 08:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
What's your price range? lol

Man Newegg is terrible to navigate. Good ol' Google.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127510

This is what I was looking at.

There are cheaper versions but I'd prefer MSI as I've used their gear before I know I like them.
This is the one I've kept on my compare list so I don't lose track of it. It's more than I want to spend on a single video card though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125334

Edit:
I'm gradually going up in price as I search. So far the best video card under $100 is this 240.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-10 08:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
Girls, settle down.
*Puts the Pickaxe away*

But... but... but... I NEED MORE COPPER ORE!
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 216 217 218