Can't get much closer to the place as of yet. :(
More to come later!
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 07:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to see you still have time to put sun lotion across your nose, Oumura.

The strange thing I find is, there were so many people complaining about XIV having an action/hotbar, making it too much like WoW (despite being on virtually every other MMO to date), then people are like "ah ma gad this is actually fun".
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-09 07:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:

The strange thing I find is, there were so many people complaining about XIV having an action/hotbar, making it too much like WoW (despite being on virtually every other MMO to date), then people are like "ah ma gad this is actually fun".
People are a creature of habit, when you change ***up on us, we get really uncomfortable. They're not bitching because the system sucks or it's like WoW (no matter how much they think/say they are) they're bitching becuase it's new, to them. That's my theory anyways.
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-09 08:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:

Yeah im one of those people i thought the game was gunna be crap because people were saying its like wow but its a very fun game. few things i hope get changed but besides that the gameplay/graphics are just awesome
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-09 08:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
@_@ Gotta look good!
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-09 08:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Real Quick... If I were to, hypothetically speaking, want to destroy my computer with XIV's highest settings, what would those be?
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 08:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything on High... lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-09 08:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Real Quick... If I were to, hypothetically speaking, want to destroy my computer with XIV's highest settings, what would those be?

16xQ MS/AA. Ambient Occulsion and Double Resolution Buffer would grease any Graphics card below the current Top-tier.

Rest is a no brainer, just scroll to whatever's highest.

I still don't care what anyone says, FFXIV, in terms of the game actual playing, is pretty well optimized for low-end system. I thought I'd have to play on MUCH lower settings than I do now, considering I scored a 1900 on the benchmark.
Phoenix.Oumura said:
More XIV SS goodness.
Today's zone: Mor Dhona:

Can't get much closer to the place as of yet. :(
More to come later!

And here I was hoping we'd get to see some "One does not simply walk into Mordor Dhona" rips.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 08:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:

Video Settings:
Full screen, with max res your monitor supports (I'm on 23", my max is 1600x1050)
Mulisample 16x
Double Buffer
Shadows Highest

Graphics:
Ambient Occlusion - On (to do with lighting effects)
Depth of Field - On
Texture Quality - High
Texture Filtering - Highest
Odin.Zicdeh said:
I still don't care what anyone says, FFXIV, in terms of the game actual playing, is pretty well optimized for low-end system. I thought I'd have to play on MUCH lower settings than I do now, considering I scored a 1900 on the benchmark.

Yeah I only got like 2020 myself.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-09 08:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
I lol'd.

---

Unrelated: I have to say I am disappointed in the lack of patches since 09.07.2001. Sure, I'm getting more play time since the PMs and e-mails have finally slowed down and the servers have been up, but that means no bug fixes.

---

Unrelated to the unrelated: For our LS on Trabia, I think we should start a linkshell site so we can get the ball rolling. I know some of us were talking about crafting, and if there is no AH at release, it will be harder to get started.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-09 08:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Trabia's gay, Lindblum ftw. Regent Cid was a *** Oglop.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 08:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz send me money for a better machine. :)

I need to email some friends and find out where they're going to start D:
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-09 08:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:

16xQ MS/AA. Ambient Occulsion and Double Resolution Buffer would grease any Graphics card below the current Top-tier.
Thanks. Ambient Occlusion is still somewhat confusing to me, though.

Now, let's see just how badly I broke my game.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-09 08:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:
I lol'd.

---

Unrelated: I have to say I am disappointed in the lack of patches since 09.07.2001. Sure, I'm getting more play time since the PMs and e-mails have finally slowed down and the servers have been up, but that means no bug fixes.

---

Unrelated to the unrelated: For our LS on Trabia, I think we should start a linkshell site so we can get the ball rolling. I know some of us were talking about crafting, and if there is no AH at release, it will be harder to get started.
I'd definately like to see a dedicated site for our LS, doesn't have to be anything majorly complicated, but some forums for us to post our own progress and request mats/items from others definately couldn't hurt.. It'd be far more effective then just asking in game, as a lot of linkshell chat seems to get lost, for me at least..
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-09 08:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
The benchmark told me I couldn't play. It was only correct on 2/3 machines. My laptop works fine (though low settings, of course).
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 08:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Thanks. Ambient Occlusion is still somewhat confusing to me, though.

Now, let's see just how badly I broke my game.
Asura.Meowzma said:
Ambient Occlusion - On (to do with lighting effects)

What's so confusing?!
wikipedia.org said:
Ambient occlusion is a shading method used in 3D computer graphics which helps add realism to local reflection models by taking into account attenuation of light due to occlusion. Ambient occlusion attempts to approximate the way light radiates in real life, especially off what are normally considered non-reflective surfaces.
Unlike local methods like Phong shading, ambient occlusion is a global method, meaning the illumination at each point is a function of other geometry in the scene. However, it is a very crude approximation to full global illumination. The soft appearance achieved by ambient occlusion alone is similar to the way an object appears on an overcast day.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-09 08:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention I'll probably be on when everyone's asleep. Is there a way to send items to people yet? Or are we stuck trading?

Oh oh oh... And my game crashed at the character select screen. I mean... Hypothetically.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-09 08:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:
I lol'd.

---

---

I'd definately like to see a dedicated site for our LS, doesn't have to be anything majorly complicated, but some forums for us to post our own progress and request mats/items from others definately couldn't hurt.. It'd be far more effective then just asking in game, as a lot of linkshell chat seems to get lost, for me at least..
Hmm... I suppose I'll play around with it some today and see what I can do.

Asura.Meowzma said:
Krizz send me money for a better machine. :)

I need to email some friends and find out where they're going to start D:
I've got to upgrade my desktops still. Need new mobos and video cards still. Can't even use the CPU upgrades I bought until I get off my *** and order mobos (though I can't decide which to get).
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-09 08:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:

What's so confusing?!

The bolded part:
wikipedia.org said:
Ambient occlusion is a shading method used in 3D computer graphics which helps add realism to local reflection models by taking into account attenuation of light due to occlusion. Ambient occlusion attempts to approximate the way light radiates in real life, especially off what are normally considered non-reflective surfaces.
Unlike local methods like Phong shading, ambient occlusion is a global method, meaning the illumination at each point is a function of other geometry in the scene. However, it is a very crude approximation to full global illumination. The soft appearance achieved by ambient occlusion alone is similar to the way an object appears on an overcast day.

Up until now, I'd never even heard of the word. Hell, I didn't know what AA was until I bought Dark Corners of the Earth (And I still nearly vomited from it).
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-09 08:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambient Occulsion is the step before True Dynamic Soft shadows. Which even obliterate NASA super computers. I think Crysis might be the only game with True Dynamic Soft shadows, and that's reserved for Triple (At least) SLI or Crossfire rigs.

True Story about the NASA supercomputer blowing up though. A while back, they ran Crysis on max+1, using the Mission Control screen's native resolution, which turned out to be like 78,000x44,000 or some ***. Ran for 18 minutes before the computer blew up.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 08:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Using an Intel setup?

I'm bored stupid right now. I know the 85cap just came out, but it kind of seems pointless atm as I'm waiting for XIV, plus I really can't be bothered to farm those Kindred Crest things.

Can't be bothered to play 14 though because of the random crashes cancelling my leves.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-09 08:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Up until now, I'd never even heard of the word. Hell, I didn't know what AA was until I bought Dark Corners of the Earth (And I still nearly vomited from it).

You've been hiding under a rock (in the shape of FFXI).

Take a break and play something else!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-09 08:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
Using an Intel setup?

I'm bored stupid right now. I know the 85cap just came out, but it kind of seems pointless atm as I'm waiting for XIV, plus I really can't be bothered to farm those Kindred Crest things.

Can't be bothered to play 14 though because of the random crashes cancelling my leves.
I only do the local crafting leves because of the crashing. I actually just crashed while trying to attack something.

I have Einherjar and Abyssea tonight. I might actually play FFXI and spend my time in Abyssea parties tomorrow night and saturday night since I won't be home. That'll depend on if I can pull myself away from FFXIV though.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-09 08:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
I've not gotten a pearl for the ls. 8(
/comfort
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-09 08:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
I've not gotten a pearl for the ls. 8(
Send me a /tell when you're on with your location and I'll get someone to pearl you.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-09 09:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:

You've been hiding under a rock (in the shape of FFXI).

Take a break and play something else!

I haven't played XI for quite some time. I'm just not "Up-to-date" on all the technologic and whatnot.

You hip youngsters better stay off my lawn!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-09 09:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So I noticed I have an outdated version of CCC installed. However, since my FFXIV runs fine, I'm nervous about updating it.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 09:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
So I noticed I have an outdated version of CCC installed. However, since my FFXIV runs fine, I'm nervous about updating it.

same here lol.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-09 10:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's quiet around here today. Everyone get their FFXIV running or give up?
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 216 217 218