Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 08:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Aetheryte in Gridania?
Sure, let me teleport. (and quit getting distracted and go get breakfast)
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-08 08:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
I'm sure.
What girl wouldnt wanna do that!! :D
Imma be a red head again!
Not gay pink like a mithra Ive seen already
*gacks*
Read that as Gackt.

._.;
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-08 08:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I got eaten by Raptors. Teleporting there now.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 08:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
I got eaten by Raptors. Teleporting there now.
I'm there. What's the char name?

Those raptors aren't very nice. I was their lunch on Saturday or so while exploring.
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-08 08:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah. Crashed again. Gonna head home. I'll see ya'll around.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 09:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I wish my client would stop responding some time.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 10:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok.. I got the client to work.. is it normal for the update to time out and not have any local nor remote connections?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 10:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
There was a list posted on BG, it might be too long, so I'll make it a download if it is...

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Can you make a single macro equip like 9 spells? Or do I need to make a separate CRTL/ALT + # for each spell?

Macros have 10 lines now.
Hmmm... mine aren't working...
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-08 10:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me an example of what you're using so I can see why it's not working.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 10:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
Give me an example of what you're using so I can see why it's not working.
It won't even let me manually swap gear... wtf?

Edit: It's randomly working.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 10:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to manually patch my ***. Basically, do I need all OB and CB patches? This is a nightmare..
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 10:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
I'm trying to manually patch my ***. Basically, do I need all OB and CB patches? This is a nightmare..
Just Open Beta patches.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 11:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Just Open Beta patches.

I've put all the patch files in the patch directories, do I need to delete the torrent files that are in the 'metainfo' file?

EDIT: It keeps saying it's downloading H2010.08.30.2000, but I already have that file.
 Asura.Majae
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-09-08 11:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The controls in 14 drive me nuts. Going to take some time to get used to, but so far i can't stand it.
 Bahamut.Slingblayde
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Slingblayde 2010-09-08 11:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could rotate the camera with the arrow keys like FFXI, I tried changing the key bindings but it wont work. 3 things that bother me about this game:
1) no AH - how are we going to sell stuff without standing around spamming sale shouts. Guld wars didnt have an AH either and when you were in the city the shouts rolling by was insane.
2) pressing the buttons to attack every time - auto attack was nice, you could engage, and run and grab a beer/drink/take a wizz etc etc. Some people will say its better because u dont get AFK melees, but sometimes being able to kick back in your chair will grinding exp is nice.
3) no Mog house - being able to AFK for a bit or chat in LS in your mog was nice, no spam going by, you could furnish it, or just hang out in it.

Some of the pics you guys have posted look good, what kind of PC's are you running it on? Im in the process of buying a new PC just to play this game, gonna get an Intel I7-950, Asus mobo, 6 gigs of ram, Win7, and an Nvidia GTX480. That should play the game nicely.
I have a quad core 6600, 4 gigs of ram, and an ATI 4870 now, and it runs the game like caca.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 11:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No local nor remote connection and it insists on downloading two patches I already have... WTF?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 11:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Just Open Beta patches.

I've put all the patch files in the patch directories, do I need to delete the torrent files that are in the 'metainfo' file?

EDIT: It keeps saying it's downloading H2010.08.30.2000, but I already have that file.
If you're downloading direct, don't do it without a download accelerator. Check my note at the top of the downloads page.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 11:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Just Open Beta patches.
I've put all the patch files in the patch directories, do I need to delete the torrent files that are in the 'metainfo' file? EDIT: It keeps saying it's downloading H2010.08.30.2000, but I already have that file.
If you're downloading direct, don't do it without a download accelerator. Check my note at the top of the downloads page.

I mean my updater keeps downloading it, it's only trying to download 2 patches, H2010.08.30.2000 and D2010.09.07.2001.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 11:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Just Open Beta patches.
I've put all the patch files in the patch directories, do I need to delete the torrent files that are in the 'metainfo' file? EDIT: It keeps saying it's downloading H2010.08.30.2000, but I already have that file.

I mean my updater keeps downloading it, it's only trying to download 2 patches, H2010.08.30.2000 and D2010.09.07.2001.
You downloaded 8.30 direct, right? Your download is corrupt. 09.07 won't install until the first one does. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with it.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 11:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Just Open Beta patches.
You downloaded 8.30 direct, right? Your download is corrupt. 09.07 won't install until the first one does. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with it.

So, I have 2 choices; Download the 8.30 torrent, or get a DL Accelerator and direct download, correct?
 Fairy.Victoire
Server: Fairy
user: Alexandre
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-08 11:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who can pearl me on atm? ^^ Zachariah Francis
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 12:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently, this is a HUGE file, it's taking a ***-ton of time even with the accelerator.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 12:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Apparently, this is a HUGE file, it's taking a ***-ton of time even with the accelerator.
Exactly. If it downloaded quick the first time, it corrupted it and didn't actually finish.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 12:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Victoire said:
Anyone who can pearl me on atm? ^^ Zachariah Francis
Which city?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 12:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Exactly. If it downloaded quick the first time, it corrupted it and didn't actually finish.

Well, then I'm guessing that's what happened, at first it was the only patch that showed up, I converted them all via torrent program and still, it hung. Maybe it was corrupted during conversion, it didn't take very long.

I'm actually doing both, now, this time torrenting is taking awhile, and is closer, if it doesn't work, I already have another copy downloading.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-08 12:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Source
support said:
Solutions on Issues that Occur During the Version Update
We would like to take this moment to provide solutions on the issues that could occur during the version update.

- Progress bar stops at certain point during the version update There is a possibility where version update data download have failed. If there is no change on progress bar for more than 20 minutes, please shut down FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version and restart the game.

- Version update progresses slowly/Time out occurs during the version update If the number of remote connections remains to be 0, there is a possibility where UPnP settings are not correct. By adjusting UPnP settings, version update may progress faster. Please refer to the following and make adjustments.

Windows XP:
1. From the Control Panel, select “Network Connections” -> from the toolbar, select “Advanced” -> then select “Optional Networking Components…”
2. Select “Network Services” -> choose “Details.”
3. Check the “UPnP User Interface” box and select OK.

Windows Vista:
1. From the Control Panel, select “View network status and tasks” -> in the “Sharing and Discovery” box change the “Network Discovery” setting to “Turn on network discovery” and select “Apply”.
2. From the Control Panel, select “Additional Options” -> then choose “Security” from the left tab. Select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall”
3. Select the “Exceptions” tab, and in the “Program or port” box, check the “Network Discovery” box. Finally, select “Apply” and then “OK.”

Windows 7:
UPnP is enabled under Windows 7 default settings. Unless you have previously changed these settings, no setup is required.

*Instructions on adjusting UPnP settings is explained along with screenshots are available at the following page on FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Site.
https://dev-eu.ffxiv.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6296

Above instructions are for setting adjustments on Windows. In case you are using network router, you may also need to adjust the UPnP settings on network router as well. If the version update does not progress properly even after you make an adjustment on Windows, please review the settings on network router.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 12:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
Source
support said:
Solutions on Issues that Occur During the Version Update We would like to take this moment to provide solutions on the issues that could occur during the version update. - Progress bar stops at certain point during the version update There is a possibility where version update data download have failed. If there is no change on progress bar for more than 20 minutes, please shut down FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version and restart the game. - Version update progresses slowly/Time out occurs during the version update If the number of remote connections remains to be 0, there is a possibility where UPnP settings are not correct. By adjusting UPnP settings, version update may progress faster. Please refer to the following and make adjustments. Windows XP: 1. From the Control Panel, select “Network Connections” -> from the toolbar, select “Advanced” -> then select “Optional Networking Components…” 2. Select “Network Services” -> choose “Details.” 3. Check the “UPnP User Interface” box and select OK. Windows Vista: 1. From the Control Panel, select “View network status and tasks” -> in the “Sharing and Discovery” box change the “Network Discovery” setting to “Turn on network discovery” and select “Apply”. 2. From the Control Panel, select “Additional Options” -> then choose “Security” from the left tab. Select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall” 3. Select the “Exceptions” tab, and in the “Program or port” box, check the “Network Discovery” box. Finally, select “Apply” and then “OK.” Windows 7: UPnP is enabled under Windows 7 default settings. Unless you have previously changed these settings, no setup is required. *Instructions on adjusting UPnP settings is explained along with screenshots are available at the following page on FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Site. https://dev-eu.ffxiv.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6296 Above instructions are for setting adjustments on Windows. In case you are using network router, you may also need to adjust the UPnP settings on network router as well. If the version update does not progress properly even after you make an adjustment on Windows, please review the settings on network router.

My settings were already as the quote said.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-08 12:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The latest update worked fine for me, ran to 100% without changing anything.

Anyway, game crashed again, I can't be bothered to start up again atm lol =/
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 12:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Once the torrent finished the download sped up to twice the KB/s.. lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-08 12:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meowzma said:
The latest update worked fine for me, ran to 100% without changing anything.

Anyway, game crashed again, I can't be bothered to start up again atm lol =/
Last one didn't work for me, and my settings are how they should be.

I only let it run for the time it took me to go to the bathroom though.
First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 216 217 218