XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 216 217 218
 Leviathan.Donexan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Donexan 2010-09-05 15:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Warloc said:
its probably this, there're 2 files with exact name on the site and you have to put each file into the right folder d96437e6 & bca2a8ae

Yes but I don't have the d96436e6 folder.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-05 15:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Mairah said:
anyone know where to find a shield other than from crafters?

I know there are NPCs in Ul'dah whom sell it. 40-96k depending.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-05 15:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

mine only wants to download the one to the b folder, no data goes to the d one. i downloaded it off of krizz's site and now i get this

any ideas?

EDIT: thats with today's patch, dropped it in the right folder. client found it fine, but the smaller box there won't do anything. now whenever i try to boot FFXIV this is what i get.
 Alexander.Leostrife
Server: Alexander
user: Leostrife
By Alexander.Leostrife 2010-09-05 15:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Warloc said:
its probably this, there're 2 files with exact name on the site and you have to put each file into the right folder d96437e6 & bca2a8ae

I almost made that mistake when I was moving files. Caught myself and put everything in the right place, works fine.

I say if you're having problems, just try downloading each patch again and make sure the files end up in the correct folders.
 Ramuh.Mairah
Server: Ramuh
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-05 15:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
mine only wants to download the one to the b folder, no data goes to the d one. i downloaded it off of krizz's site and now i get this

any ideas?

EDIT: thats with today's patch, dropped it in the right folder. client found it fine, but the smaller box there won't do anything. now whenever i try to boot FFXIV this is what i get.

My friend downloaded off of Krizz's site and didn't get that folder either. Her thing won't even update. I'm not sure what it is.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-05 15:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The two folders are auto-created by the SE installer once it reaches a sufficient point of the download process. I believe one of the folders is only created during one of the later downloads.

Theoretically there shouldn't be anything wrong with creating the necessary folders yourself, though... but don't quote me on that.

I failed to get past 99% on any of the downloads, even directly plugged into my cable modem. Krizz's site was literally the only way to get the beta.
[+]
 Leviathan.Donexan
By Leviathan.Donexan 2010-09-05 15:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The two folders are auto-created by the SE installer once it reaches a sufficient point of the download process. I believe one of the folders is only created during one of the later downloads. Theoretically there shouldn't be anything wrong with creating the necessary folders yourself, though... but don't quote me on that. I failed to get past 99% on any of the downloads, even directly plugged into my cable modem. Krizz's site was literally the only way to get the beta.

Well, I've downloaded the installer from both and neither get past 98.3%
 Lakshmi.Galathea
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galatea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-09-05 15:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still having issues with this and I work 6 days in a row so I have minimal time to play with the installation.
Do the files you put in the patch folder get removed and placed in the metafiles folder when complete?
And why does my "Log In" button via the client only "click" at me, it doesnt do anything after that. Just sits there...

edit: tried one last time, I open the beta shortcut and it immediately gets thru the blueish screen and takes me to the login window, enter info, hit log in, and it just refreshes the screen. So irate right now :(

edit2:
d96437e6 folder- patch folder has 0 files, metainfo has 9
bca2a8ae folder- patch folder has 2 files, metainfo has 3

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I ran the client last night and went to bed, and woke up with this silliness...
 Leviathan.Donexan
By Leviathan.Donexan 2010-09-05 16:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galathea said:
I'm still having issues with this and I work 6 days in a row so I have minimal time to play with the installation. Do the files you put in the patch folder get removed and placed in the metafiles folder when complete? And why does my "Log In" button via the client only "click" at me, it doesnt do anything after that. Just sits there... edit: tried one last time, I open the beta shortcut and it immediately gets thru the blueish screen and takes me to the login window, enter info, hit log in, and it just refreshes the screen. So irate right now :( edit2: d96437e6 folder- patch folder has 0 files, metainfo has 9 bca2a8ae folder- patch folder has 2 files, metainfo has 3 Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I ran the client last night and went to bed, and woke up with this silliness...

You can try to fill your patch folders with the appropriate patch files from tehkrizz.net
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-05 16:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

When the updater applies the patch it deleted the .patch file. Only the torrent remains.
By Halfpint 2010-09-05 16:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

hihi....is there anyone..where to get a pearl from the ppl here...i feel kinda lost ..lol

am on trabia...char name is Rubystarr Alys
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-05 16:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Halfpint said:
hihi....is there anyone..where to get a pearl from the ppl here...i feeaddl kinda lost ..lol

am on trabia...char name is Rubystarr Alys
add the people on the list on my site. Psycho slip can let a sackholder know if he is still on.

Edit: by add I mean to your flist
By Halfpint 2010-09-05 16:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

<--- gets to tough it out on her own..

By Halfpint 2010-09-05 16:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz.. after the last 24 hours you know you need to give me more information than that

friends list from the AH site?
 Ramuh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-05 16:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just saw you! had to log off though D:
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-05 16:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Halfpint said:
Krizz.. after the last 24 hours you know you need to give me more information than that

friends list from the AH site?
Your ffxiv flist
By Halfpint 2010-09-05 16:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

wait... i just spoke to miarah..
By Halfpint 2010-09-05 16:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

no one on it...lol...should i just copy ppl from your website?>
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-05 16:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This open beta is pretty ***tbh.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-05 16:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Mairah said:
Cerberus.Boundsoul said:

any ideas?

My friend downloaded off of Krizz's site and didn't get that folder either. Her thing won't even update. I'm not sure what it is.

yeah i've tried torrenting and krizz's, always end up with the error above. if i delete the patches and just let the client update itself, it stops at 94.6% even though the file size of the patch it downloads is complete.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-05 17:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For everyone having problems, did you download the client itself from my site? I don't know if se has offered it for download again since they first took it down. I'm beginning to wonder if they ninja'd something in. Too many people are having problems with my files.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-05 17:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
For everyone having problems, did you download the client itself from my site? I don't know if se has offered it for download again since they first took it down. I'm beginning to wonder if they ninja'd something in. Too many people are having problems with my files.

I'm just having problems with today's files, i was playing fine last night after i finally got my key. but its not your files specifically, i have the exact problem with torrenting too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-05 17:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Updated d2010.9.03.2004 and 04.2004 and worked fine for me, just to see if the files themselves were a problem.

I didn't download the original client from your site either.

(windows 7 64bit etc)
So are you still having problems?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-05 17:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Updated d2010.9.03.2004 and 04.2004 and worked fine for me, just to see if the files themselves were a problem.

I didn't download the original client from your site either.

(windows 7 64bit etc)
So are you still having problems?

0 problems. Everything is a-ok for me. Direct dl'd patch files from your site.

K.
 Asura.Meowzma
Server: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-05 17:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, people started RP'ing on Besaid already and, really bad I might add.

I feel dirty. Time for a shower me thinks.
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-05 17:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know how to increase the DL speed? mine has dropped to 100kb/s and it's frustrating the heck outta me. I googled it and people say it's because I'm on a wired connection or something. I don't know.... ugh.
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-05 17:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Question, have they put out any fixes/updates for ATI Card users?

Reason why I ask is because I was in the Closed Beta, could play because they didnt support ATI Cards, then got banned because they found out I was 15 when it says you're supposed to be 18 to Register for the beta.

EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS IN THE BTA:
SquareEnix said:

1. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1.1 Definitions
"Agreement" refers to this Beta Tester Agreement and any exhibits, attachments, or schedules attached hereto, which must be accepted by a Beta Tester prior to his or her participation in the Beta Test.
"Beta Test(ing)" refers to Beta Testing of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
"Beta Tester" refers to each individual selected by Company (in its sole discretion) for participation in the Beta Testing, and a parent or legal guardian, where applicable.
"Community" refers to chats and bulletin boards that Beta Testers will be using to communicate with each other online.
"Company" refers to Square Enix, Inc., or its affiliates, employees, agents, or designees.
"Documentation" refers to all printed materials, such as a manual, accompanying or otherwise associated with the Software and the Beta Testing.
"Others" refers to any third party other than the Company or the said Beta Tester (including, but not limited to, other Beta Testers and people other than Beta Testers), regardless of where the third party is located.
"Product" refers to the FINAL FANTASY XIV software.
"Software" refers to one or more computer programs, in object code form, provided by Company on CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray discs, or as downloadable files, which may include, among other things, the Product.
"Software License" refers to the software license agreement that must be executed by each individual who desires to participate in the Beta Test, which, when executed, will be incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
"Square Enix ID" refers to the username provided when a person signs up for a free Square Enix Account and agrees to the Square Enix Account Service Agreement.

And also, the ESBR recently rated FFXIV Teen+.
Oh, and after I re-registered for the Open Beta (I got accepted even though I was banned lol <.<), I was able to log in to the website, and then the next day it gave me the ban message again, even though I hadn't posted/said anything.

tl;dr

Square Sucks, and I wanna know If I'd be able to actually play if I bought the game :(

EDIT: Oh , the reason why I put the "Parent/Legal Guardian where applicable" was because ALL of the account info is my dad's information, address, name, CC# I use for FFXI, everything lol.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 216 217 218