Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-08-31 10:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Well in the past 12 hour I've got 12.3%...

How can it really be that slow O.o? It's making me not even want to play the damn thing.
If you really are complaining about slow downloading, why are you playing FFXI?

Every update is like that plus when you first got the game, how long did you have to wait for that first hueg update?

About 5 hours. And I'm not playing XI. 4.70GB shouldn't take this long to Download. (Call me butthurt if you want.)
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 10:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Think your missing the point, if there are some game breaking critical bugs that need to be resolved before the game hits retail and they don't get that done, then they will have no choice then to postpone release. Been done before on other games SE is no different.
What's this bug anyways?

"game breaking critical bugs" could mean something like you buy an item from a vendor for 100gil and you can sell it to another vendor for 600gil.

I'm assuming (since this is SE) that it's something they need to fix (IE *** up terrain, coding wrong that causes crashes, unholy lag because of holes in codes etc...) with an MMO the release is alot bigger then a normal game because they want to give a good first impression (because if you don't your potentially losing money from possible subscribers) Then again, as you said, it could just be a bug just as simple as that, no real way to know unless someone that works from SE either says or they release a fix update (which to be honest they won't most likely)
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 10:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Full reinstall of XI and everything takes 4 hours.

this is one single file that everyone seems to be getting caught on, it's taking 40+ hours for some, how is that similar?
1. On FFXI release, it took a good amount of time for that first big update. (I know because I tried it on release, sucked back then and stopped playing after a month or so)
2. What about the Abyssea updates? Clusterfucks really mess up that 4 hour download time. Such as today's update.
no real way to know unless someone that works from SE either says or they release a fix update (which to be honest they won't most likely)
I'm hoping they let us know the basis of the bug at least =( I've been curious for a few hours about it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 10:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The critical bug is something to do with the FPS apparently. Something to do with a certain enemy nearly crashing PC's. It will probably be fixed tonight and we'll get the schedule tomorrow.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-31 10:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

At my current rate I'll be able to fire up XIV in....6 days. 8D Hahaha. Gotta love congestion.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 10:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Well in the past 12 hour I've got 12.3%...

How can it really be that slow O.o? It's making me not even want to play the damn thing.
If you really are complaining about slow downloading, why are you playing FFXI?

Every update is like that plus when you first got the game, how long did you have to wait for that first hueg update?

About 5 hours. And I'm not playing XI. 4.70GB shouldn't take this long to Download. (Call me butthurt if you want.)

That's what i'm getting at, I can download any normal file 5gb and above in less then 3 hours, this one 4.7gb file so far has taken 5 hrs and hasn't got above 20% yet, the system they have in place to download these files is so utterly flawed and slow, I seriously hope they fix this by either upping their bandwith (this is one of the big reasons we aren't getting anywere, so many people downloading it at the same time we are hitting their cap, so we are getting screwed there)

I'm just hoping every update ins't like this, because that honestly is a game breaker for me, I don't pay for a game to have to wait 30-40 HOURS to download a update patch that maybe changes or adds.... a few things
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 11:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boundsoul said:
I just finished installing and updating, took me a little bit over an hour to get all updates dl'd with uTorrent. Then I find out its postponed. Most likely a week or so knowing SE.

How the ***?

I'm stuck with this huge *** 4gb file that is taking AGES O.O

and fffuuuuu

Hope they don't postpone it for long, since retail is what ... a month or less away? Unless that gets postponed next (lolyep I bet it will)
My thoughts exactly. I could have reinstalled FFXI from my 2004 discs two or three times in the time I've had this single 4.7GB file downloading.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 11:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Full reinstall of XI and everything takes 4 hours.

this is one single file that everyone seems to be getting caught on, it's taking 40+ hours for some, how is that similar?
1. On FFXI release, it took a good amount of time for that first big update. (I know because I tried it on release, sucked back then and stopped playing after a month or so)
2. What about the Abyssea updates? Clusterfucks really mess up that 4 hour download time. Such as today's update.
no real way to know unless someone that works from SE either says or they release a fix update (which to be honest they won't most likely)
I'm hoping they let us know the basis of the bug at least =( I've been curious for a few hours about it.

Granted there are some times that you have to wait (and by wait I mean retry a billion times :p) but even those downloads haven't exceeded maybe ... 2 hours at the most (and that again is because so many people are downloading at the same time we are hitting their cap)
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-08-31 11:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

; ; there is only 7 seeds. /cry

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 11:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

apparantly i've been sitting here at DL: 0.00 for like 10 minutes since i've been at 11.8% for like 20 minutes, as I said, i'm uploading more then i'm downloading, which in my book just aint right.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 11:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
"game breaking critical bugs" could mean something like you buy an item from a vendor for 100gil and you can sell it to another vendor for 600gil.

If they have a "critical bug" making them postpone the release of the OPEN BETA it wouldn't be for something like that.

For example, a good reason would be : The game is randomly crashing in multiple areas.

It's because the game is performing badly to the point of crashes with certain mobs.

It's an easy fix, I'd imagine it's because they've simply uploaded a resource heavy version of the mob instead of simply uploading the fixed version.

See Making of a realm 2 or 3, the one about mobs.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 11:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
; ; there is only 7 seeds. /cry

Gotta love the leechers who don't give a *** about people tryin to get in, SE needs to set up a cluster of servers just to seed the hell out of this.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 11:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
The critical bug is something to do with the FPS apparently. Something to do with a certain enemy nearly crashing PC's. It will probably be fixed tonight and we'll get the schedule tomorrow.
I was just thinking something along the line of "It's probably an easy fix anyways so the beta will prolly open on the 1st or 2nd of september"

Granted there are some times that you have to wait (and by wait I mean retry a billion times :p) but even those downloads haven't exceeded maybe ... 2 hours at the most (and that again is because so many people are downloading at the same time we are hitting their cap)
It took 6 hours for me when i did the abyssea update #1 .-.
And today i have a feeling it'll be all damn day ><!!!
apparantly i've been sitting here at DL: 0.00 for like 10 minutes since i've been at 11.8% for like 20 minutes, as I said, i'm uploading more then i'm downloading, which in my book just aint right.
I left mine to upload overnight the other night and it was done within 6 hours (the first update) -- FFXIV --

I just think S-E's update server isn't fast enough (just like FFXI =P)
 Ragnarok.Slade
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Slade 2010-08-31 11:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

C:\Users\insert your pc name here\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\metainfo

open the H2010~~ torrent file with Utorrent or any other torrent program. After you finish downloading it put the files in the patch folder (its next to the metainfo folder) and run the FFXIV client.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

sucks

http://kotaku.com/5626366/final-fantasy-xiv-beta-is-no-go
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 11:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I was just thinking something along the line of "It's probably an easy fix anyways so the beta will prolly open on the 1st or 2nd of september"

It took 6 hours for me when i did the abyssea update #1 .-.
And today i have a feeling it'll be all damn day ><!!!
I left mine to upload overnight the other night and it was done within 6 hours (the first update) -- FFXIV --

I just think S-E's update server isn't fast enough (just like FFXI =P)

Yeah, their servers aren't really impressing me right now.

can't even get a DL speed of 1kb/s >.> sitting at like 400b/s which is ... unacceptable.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 11:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slade said:
C:\Users\insert your pc name here\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\metainfo

open the H2010~~ torrent file with Utorrent or any other torrent program. After you finish downloading it put the files in the patch folder (its next to the metainfo folder) and run the FFXIV client.

still is slow as *** 30+ hrs >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 11:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
PunkyChipsAhoy 09:56 AM

Invite a friend to comment
Square Enix?! Taking longer in a game that it was originally intended for?!

PREPOSTEROUS I SAY!
XD

Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 11:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if perhaps there are anymore trackers to add to make it go faster? maybe another site that is hosting the files?

Would be nice :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 11:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kotaku, as per normal is incredibly biased.

The original Wow Beta was postponed 3 times, it never had a negative spin on it like this.

And the way they say indefinitely really pisses me off... Well everything is *** indefinite.

Kotaku need to stop writing stories in such a biased manner.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 11:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slade said:

still is slow as *** 30+ hrs >.>
Yup.

11 hours for 944 MB (18.9%)on this connection. My home desktop is doing better though (30%+).
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 11:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone who is getting slow speeds.... Are you using Utorrent?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

The original Wow Beta was postponed 3 times, it never had a negative spin on it like this.

And the way they say indefinitely really pisses me off... Well everything is *** indefinite.

i don't really care about kotaku's bias, just sucks that SE is taking down the client downloader. I mean they can still leave that up and let people download the client while they work on bug fixes. Especially if its as slow as people are reporting.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 11:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Yes.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 11:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm using utorrent yeah, and actually my speed has kicked up a little bit, still a 12+ hr download though ;;
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 11:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

i don't really care about kotaku's bias, just sucks that SE is taking down the client downloader. I mean they can still leave that up and let people download the client while they work on bug fixes. Especially if its as slow as people are reporting.

Maybe they'll be upping a file that just straigh up installs all the files you need instead of doing this update ***.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 11:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone provide the other two torrent files that come after the 4.7GB one? I know one is only a few MB. I'm more concerned with the 1.6GB one. I'd like to have it downloading at the same time (since this one won't come close to capping my bandwidth).
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 11:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Kotaku, as per normal is incredibly biased. The original Wow Beta was postponed 3 times, it never had a negative spin on it like this. And the way they say indefinitely really pisses me off... Well everything is *** indefinite. Kotaku need to stop writing stories in such a biased manner.
/shuns for bringing up World of Warcrack
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 216 217 218