Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Other Auction Houses
Other Auction Houses
 Siren.Tranx
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Tranx
By Siren.Tranx 2009-01-21 08:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The site has been up and running well for a while now. So... when do you plan to implement a way to see what is on Auction in the other ciies?

It would be nice to be able to select which city to view a particular auction house.

Just add in a drop down menu to select a city. I wouldn't need to log in to a mule in each of the other 3 cities just to run down and check the auction house for items, man, that'd be awesome.

Then I could just check the laptop to see if what I'm looking for is on sale before I run all the way down there (3 times) to find out there are none on auction.
 Siren.Enko
Server: Siren
user: enko
By Siren.Enko 2009-01-21 08:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been thinking the same for ages, however I only found out today that this is just a few guys doing it for love rather than money, so, great idea and would love to see it, but can appreciate why it may not happen in the forseeable.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-21 09:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well even tho ffxiah.com wasn' out when I started or maybe it did and I didn't know about it.. 2005, but now since I have been using it.. its been great..

IDK if this would or can happen. Something that You'd have to talk to Scragg or Jaerik about.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-01-21 09:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Check "Already Pending Suggestions" #5. That would quadruple the running costs for little benefit so unless a gracious donor steps forward, it's not going to happen.
 Leviathan.Kongolo
Server: Leviathan
user: Kongolo
By Leviathan.Kongolo 2009-01-21 10:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Would surely love to see it happened.

there so many items's price vary from each AH.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tolandruth
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tolandruth 2009-02-04 01:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about the "little benefit" part, because i'd use it religiously. I personally know a handfull of others that would, too. I've actually been looking for a 3-cities AH website for a while now. Wonder what it'd actually cost to change the code a bit to view the other AH's and to purchase a bit more web-space. Surely a little bump to the advertizing could handle it.....

/shrug
eh, just a thought

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-04 01:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys it ain't gonna happen... they went into this before... to have info for the AH in the big 3 cities (Sandy, Windy, Basty) they'd have to create separate sites for each. It's a matter of the cost to do so being prohibitive.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-04 02:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Guys it ain't gonna happen... they went into this before... to have info for the AH in the big 3 cities (Sandy, Windy, Basty) they'd have to create separate sites for each. It's a matter of the cost to do so being prohibitive.

Either seperate sites, or seperate registers. Like registering on all 3 nations the same way as on ffxiah.com, which not only would increase the cost of maint of the site, but also increase the amount of space required to post it on a constant basis.

And yes, I am agreeing with Malekith on this. Don't be too shocked about this.
 Ramuh.Jackel
Server: Ramuh
user: Jackel
By Ramuh.Jackel 2009-02-04 02:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

5. Could you make the site include other auction houses like San d'Oria, Windurst, and Bastok?

Because each auction house has the same total number of listable items, the fact that they have relatively less transaction volume doesn't help us. Each additional auction house would require the same amount of database, scripting, and bandwidth overhead. Adding the other three auction houses, therefore, would quadruple our current operating costs while providing relatively little benefit to our users, which would quickly put the site out of business.

Another wasted forum thread.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-04 03:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't wasted,.. Why do you say?? The OP probably got his answer, or he was waiting for Jaerik or Scragg to post idk..

I found it informative, but if you call beating a dead horse a wasted topic in a way..

sure??

but all in all, I was the 2nd poster..and All of your comments were exceptional!

Thanks guys!