Why Do My Weapon Skills Suck?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Why do my weapon skills suck?
Why do my weapon skills suck?
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-18 16:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't imagine Pachypodiums having more than let's say, 90 AGI, and if that's the case I'm already in the range.
If it's much higher than I assume, I guess dex builds aren't worth the trouble.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Vivicide
Server: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-10-06 22:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my sets. Granted some pieces aren't easy to obtain, make substitutions where you see fit.

TP: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/130978

RR: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/130979
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-06 22:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool story, bro.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-06 22:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Vivicide said:
This is my sets. Granted some pieces aren't easy to obtain, make substitutions where you see fit.

sweet 7 hit brah

hope that's /nin onry
[+]
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
Server: Leviathan
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-10-06 23:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Vivicide said:

TP:

RR:

Idk why people don't just do this... It seriously takes like... 2 seconds.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-06 23:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazy?
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-07 17:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lazy?

Or battled between Zanshin builds and 5Hit builds
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-10-07 19:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Alexander.Vivicide said:

sweet 7 hit brah

hope that's /nin onry

Usually I /sam yo... so I can usually build TP through meditates while waiting for ***to happen brah. Therefore after I WS once 5 more hits till I WS again dog. By my count that makes it a 6 hit build.

The only time I have a 7 hit build is if I miss my first swing (which would make any wars ***7 hit) or both of the 2 other swings which isn't very likely if you count acc along with double attacks. Nice try at calling me out, better luck next time.

I do really like your war though dog. Except for your RR build you are well over acc cap for 99% of mobs out there as long as you have 8/8 GA.

Haters gonna hate.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-07 19:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Vivicide said:
Usually I /sam yo... so I can usually build TP through meditates while waiting for ***to happen brah. Therefore after I WS once 5 more hits till I WS again dog. By my count that makes it a 6 hit build. The only time I have a 7 hit build is if I miss my first swing (which would make any wars ***7 hit) or both of the 2 other swings which isn't very likely if you count acc along with double attacks. Nice try at calling me out, better luck next time.

Don't be witty when you're wrong, it's 7 hit /SAM. "It's sometimes a 6hit if I don't miss any RR hits" is more accurate.
[+]
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-10-07 19:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Alexander.Vivicide said:
Usually I /sam yo... so I can usually build TP through meditates while waiting for ***to happen brah. Therefore after I WS once 5 more hits till I WS again dog. By my count that makes it a 6 hit build. The only time I have a 7 hit build is if I miss my first swing (which would make any wars ***7 hit) or both of the 2 other swings which isn't very likely if you count acc along with double attacks. Nice try at calling me out, better luck next time.

Don't be witty when you're wrong, it's 7 hit /SAM. "It's sometimes a 6hit if I don't miss any RR hits" is more accurate.

By your own standard you sometimes have a 7 hit build too. The only difference is you have it if you haven't meditated before an event, or if you whiff both your second and third swings on your WS, and have had no double attacks/zanshin attacks.

Don't hate on my war because you waste stp. Oh wait I also get a 7 hit build if I happen to use steal cyclone too. You got me there. My bad yo.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-07 19:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Meditates moot, not available enough to affect xhit, and no, throw on at least 1 more STP and you won't break X hit build unless you wiff entirely (which is less likely with multi hit). You're not even close to "wasting STP".
[+]
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-10-07 19:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok remove meditate out of the equation, which btw isn't moot at all.

Let's do this, so over the course of whatever your doing I will have swung 1 more time then you to obtain a 6 hit build.

Do you have any idea how unlikely it is for me to only gain 16% tp from WS? On top of RRs 3 hits and my acc there is also a really good chance of double attack, or if I happen to miss a hit zanshin has a decent chance to pick it up. The likelihood of me getting 16% off a WS is stupid low.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-07 20:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh okay, 2 sets, you vs someone with identical gear but he has a white tathlum. You can both start at 100tp for sportsmanship.

You get 101 TP from your build assuming no misses.
His assuming no misses is 102.8.

So if you miss 2 hits on any WS you lose your xhit build. 16.5tp, 6 more hits till next WS. If he misses 2, he keeps it, 16.8tp, 5 more till WS. Those build up over time y'know, that's another 6.5 seconds to swing again while the other guy pull ahead. Every 5 times it happens the other build pulls another WS ahead of you. It's small but it's pretty damn easy to fix. DA and Meditate are moot since you both get it at the same levels. But okay, lets say instead "6hit build most of the time" then.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-07 20:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lazy?
No he meant why don't people actually post the item sets so you can see them
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-10-07 20:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Uh okay, 2 sets, you vs someone with identical gear but he has a white tathlum. You can both start at 100tp for sportsmanship.

So if you miss 2 hits on any WS you lose your xhit build. 16.5tp, 6 more hits till next WS. If he misses 2, he keeps it, 16.8tp, 5 more till WS. Those build up over time y'know, that's another 6.5 seconds to swing again while the other guy pull ahead. Every 5 times it happens the other build pulls another WS ahead of you. It's small but it's pretty damn easy to fix. DA and Meditate are moot since you both get it at the same levels. But okay, lets say instead "6hit build most of the time" then.

One thing your missing is my average Tp gain from RR is 18-19%... not 17 lol White tathlum wouldn't be a horrible sacrifice, but still not needed as my acc is capped on most mobs. If I were to go against something that my acc wasn't capped on I'd probably be there on sam or blm anyways because it's most likely a nuke fight anyways. That's besides the point though.

My point is on any xp/merit mobs, or even most HNM my acc is capped and I normally gain 18-19% tp return. With of course the occasional 20-21% tp returns.

One more thing I forgot aggressor is on most of the time also which even more boosts my acc to keep up with the 6 hit build.

I realize a lot of my gear choices aren't ideal for some but it is a very real option that is reliable enough for me to make my point.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-07 20:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, like I said it's a small difference, but with capped acc that still a 5% chance of a miss per hit, so it happens. That's why I said I wouldn't call it a 6hit exactly.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-10-07 20:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

The chance of missing both extra hits on RR/KJ with capped acc is .25%. That means on average, one in every 400 WS will break the 6-hit. Fake x-hits really are good enough.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-07 20:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lazy?

:o my bad! I wanted to make a joke

Since I'm here I'm going to post my TP and KJ set (too ashamed to post RR set). Bare with me, I'm currently abroad for an internship so my builds need work.

TP:

I was working on getting a Rose strap and wanted to get a Belenos' Mantle. Usually I had little to no Acc issues with this build but I always have Perle hauberk and Hauby+1 ready for needs.

WS:

I was considering getting a Cuch mantle to improve this build but I might just wait until the last expansion comes out to see what new gear choices becom available
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-07 21:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Vivicide said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Alexander.Vivicide said:

sweet 7 hit brah

hope that's /nin onry

Usually I /sam yo... so I can usually build TP through meditates while waiting for ***to happen brah. Therefore after I WS once 5 more hits till I WS again dog. By my count that makes it a 6 hit build.

The only time I have a 7 hit build is if I miss my first swing (which would make any wars ***7 hit) or both of the 2 other swings which isn't very likely if you count acc along with double attacks. Nice try at calling me out, better luck next time.

I do really like your war though dog. Except for your RR build you are well over acc cap for 99% of mobs out there as long as you have 8/8 GA.

Haters gonna hate.

those sets aren't accurate(no pun intended ><), for some reason i can see the new ones but they won't appear on my public profile, i can't change my avi either >.>

Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-10-08 07:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lazy?

Since I'm here I'm going to post my TP and KJ set (too ashamed to post RR set). Bare with me, I'm currently abroad for an internship so my builds need work.

TP:

I was working on getting a Rose strap and wanted to get a Belenos' Mantle. Usually I had little to no Acc issues with this build but I always have Perle hauberk and Hauby+1 ready for needs.

WS:

I was considering getting a Cuch mantle to improve this build but I might just wait until the last expansion comes out to see what new gear choices becom available

Do you allways use KJ with that set? >_>
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-10-08 11:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You need some accuracy in you ws set unless that is for Steel Cyclone?

Ares body and Vara Helm are not helping... unless you using that set when you have beggressor up?

Nothing wrong with your RR set, but I would use Perle head until you get something better.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-08 18:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lazy?

TP:

WS:

Do you allways use KJ with that set? >_>

Only with Agg. up or if I'm eating pizza. The chance of missing hits otherwie is pretty high. Usually I'll go Agg. up > KJ > Agg. down > RR and add in SC whenever I see a chance at SC or WC + Warcry are up

And this is my SC set. I simply swap heca hands for Ares hands, Warrior stone for Warwolf and pop Snow gorget.

Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-08 18:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sentry Belt.
 Alexander.Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-10-08 18:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Alexander.Vivicide said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Alexander.Vivicide said:

sweet 7 hit brah

hope that's /nin onry

Haters gonna hate.

those sets aren't accurate(no pun intended ><), for some reason i can see the new ones but they won't appear on my public profile, i can't change my avi either >.>

According to my parser I have 94% acc on average, which for all intensive purposes is capped. I'm not about to destroy a slot to shove more acc in to get that last 1%.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-08 19:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Sentry Belt.

It's in my "things to do when I get back on game" list :)
 Odin.Clubber
user: Clubber
By Odin.Clubber 2010-10-15 12:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

this is my set for RR. fowling earring can be exchanged for triumph and heca legs for ares, but I really like the acc on the earring and 20attack are insane for a multihit weaponskill.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-10-15 13:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Intents and purposes...