I got a malware warning
 Fairy.Winterlight
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-01-20 18:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi folks,

This afternoon I got this warning when I was navigating around on the forums:

"The website at www.ffxiah.com contains elements from the site www.project300k.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.project300k.com.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online."

The URL this page is warning for:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=1306&lp=1#11864

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page referenced above:
http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.project300k.com/imagez/ccccombobreaker.jpg&client=googlechrome&hl=en-US

Anyone else ever get this?

Anyone know what project300k is? (I didn't want to navigate there in case it is actually malware.)

I'm using Google chrome as my browser.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-20 18:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm uesing Google chrome as well But iv'e not seen said msg

EDIT: as soon as i clicked on the forum labeled( U.S.A on your New President!!) i was brought to a RED page with your msg :\ i closed the tab right away >.<;
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-20 18:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using Firefox 3.0.5 and I don't get anything XD

Although I'm using NoScript, so it's possible that might be blocking it (maybe >.>)
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-20 18:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds like a Gil selling site. Your pc is just telling you not to go to that website. Seems to be working fine.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-20 18:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not necessarily finding any nasty software or files, it just might be loading from a domain on their "blacklist", for lack of a better word. When these detectors find something on a website, the whole website, even if the files are hosted in a subfolder, are branded as dangerous.

I imagine someone has an Avatar, or a specific Advert loaded, on that topic hosted on the website it's giving you, hence why you only got it in that topic.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-01-20 19:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

From that thread, someone linked an image hosted on that domain. The domain is on a blacklist for whatever reason. I will remove the image even though the image by itself is safe but I don't want to cause mass hysteria which would cause ffxiah to end up on someone's blacklist.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-20 20:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, when i clicked back in to that fourm thread, after reading wooo's post, it went thru just fine, w/o any warning:\ all thou im paranoid about that stuff lol so i closed after i got thru
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-20 21:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was the original poster of that thread. I have no problems when I post. I don't surf bad sites and I have lots of firewalls up.. I'm not telling ppl what I run, but you must have either had some bad surfing in yoru cookies or Chrome is doing something to your pc.. IDK, but regardless, rest assured...

you're looking fine!
 Alexander.Goldshui
Server: Alexander
user: goldshui
By Alexander.Goldshui 2009-02-18 04:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like an observation and or advice on this warning I get when opening the web page for ffxiah.
reported by my spyware protectin program 'Spyware Terminator'

CPXINTERACTIVE
ffxiah.com is downloading code segments from CPXINTERACTIVE.COM website.
CPXINTERACTIVE.COM has been reported as dangerous.

I have so far blocked this action and the ffxiah site operates normally as far as I can tell.