Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » How not to do Abyssea
How not to do Abyssea
 Shiva.Ravager
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ravager
By Shiva.Ravager 2010-08-18 07:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad I haven't had the misfortune of running into this guy yet. Thank *** for shout filters too, so I never have to deal with their silly Whitegate shout shenanigans begging for attention. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Also, lol @ Blade: Ku for 91 damage and even using Ku at all.
By Zekko 2010-08-18 08:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. Ahh i remember my time on Shiva before i went back to Phoenix. Samuwhatever is stupid, i remember him running a Dyna LS. They never passed Windhurst. I'll leave it at that.
 Leviathan.Joyroth
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2010-08-18 08:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:

I see this mostly with BLMs. I BLM a lot in abyssea.. And very often, once the 30 azure lights are done, I'll see them all standing around with full mp afk. I've politely asked them (when myself and some friends were leading) if they'd say when they're going afk, as I wouldn't want to acuse them of leaching. To which I've had replies twice now "I cant nuke if im not going for kill shot" ????? If you're BLM in Abyssea and trying not to killshot.. Small nukes, stun, hell cure 3 if you must. I know melee do it too as you see them stood in the middle of the field, however I guess some are peeking in chests <.<

This makes me LOL!

Just did my first Abyssea run last Sunday. Went in and did Thunder III to a Toneberry. It made me hold its pocket for awhile :(
After that all I did was DoT and small nuke...hardly ever was at full MP. SE put BLM back into the party! Holster that solo big nuke mind set my fellow Black Mages and draw that /WHM back-up healing job we had to do back in the day!
 Sylph.Akazla
Server: Sylph
user: Akazia
By Sylph.Akazla 2010-08-18 08:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL, he was on Fairy until he started some drama in his LS, and they ran him off. I don't know the details, but I do feel sorry for you guys. This player is a complete idiot, and he thinks he is the best. I remember a lot of the members of his LS being really really bad players, and it was just understood that anyone from his LS was invited with caution. There were a few good players in there, but they were heavily outweighed by the idiots. His rants were even more epic tbh. He wanted people to sell everything at cost instead of trying to make money. When confronted with opposition to his rants, he would do much like he did here, kick them. My fave was the battle BRD in his LS that apparently didn't know what Pianissimo was and would give melee songs then over-write them with ballad. :D Before you guys ask, it was a lvl 58ish pt. XD So, you have my sympathies that you have to deal with such a "wonderful" player. Btw, on Fairy, they needed assistance to pass Dyna-Bastok........
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-08-18 08:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea is certainly one of the greatest things SE has introduced of late, gives the "left out" jobs a chance at some good exp rather than the same old RDM, BRD, COR + 3 DD meripo.

Unfortunately with Abyssea comes idiots who think they can lead Abyssea, had my fair share of the good and the bad, all I can say is Abyssea isn't hard to understand but there are a couple roadblocks.

1) People assume they know Abyssea, I say it's simple to understand but if you haven't done a little research you're probably misinformed.

2) People can't lead well, the best Abyssea pts, the leader of the alliance has lead well and taken no nonsense to long afk as ultimately it's uneccessary leeching.

It's a shame that I only need merits now because all I do is go in, get 10 merits and have to leave before I get the really good exp.
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-08-18 08:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No worries Tidis, next month you will be pleased again that it is around to help us all lvl up to 90. XD
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-18 09:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Varistor said:
No worries Tidis, next month you will be pleased again that it is around to help us all lvl up to 90. XD

As we xpz on Chariots! D:
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-18 09:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Alexander.Varistor said:

As we xpz on Chariots! D:

Or die trying !!
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-08-19 04:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

perfect Abyssea strategy for veterans:
stand in a circle while jacking off onto a cookie. who "misses" the cookie has to pull (loldrg). At least then you know who has to be pulling.

and for the others:

1. get 14 Samurai's
2. open ***-status in your POL
3. ???
4. Profit