users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Scholar Mythic
Scholar Mythic
 Titan.Jullias
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
By Titan.Jullias 2010-08-17 14:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the scholar mythic good or not I don't see to many people talk about? I have seen it has : Same element magic as weather|
doesn't that mean its like a elemental staff?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-17 14:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Check out kaekos blog, he got a post about it.
http://kanican.livejournal.com/33643.html
[+]
 Titan.Jullias
By Titan.Jullias 2010-08-17 15:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

NEat
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-08-18 04:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I think SE really dropped the ball when they made SCH mythic. Enmity-20 is wonderful; regardless, Tupsimati is so vastly inferior in every other way for nearly any spell you would be casting that it's not worth using at all, even for such a huge difference in enmity.

Okay, so maybe if you are playing with Aurorastorm up you could use it to drop some enmity on light element spells that aren't affected by any particular staff, such as Regen, Erase and -na spells (normally not much hate anyway, but it can build up when combined with Accession. Also, I'm not even certain you can do this since the incredibly ambiguous weapon description is "Same elemental magic as weather: Enmity-20"), but it's already possible (easy, in fact) to build a capped enmity- set without the use of a weapon that costs 100M.

I find this incredibly disappointing when I look at some of the other Mythic weapons, like Yagrush >_>.
 Titan.Jullias
By Titan.Jullias 2010-08-18 04:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea well I have just seen a few scholars with this weapon i didn't know if it was even worth it
I had hopes for that same element magic thing but no ;;

Maybe the Magian trails will address this issue for both the Tupsimati and the Laevateinn kind of like they made the Nirvana match all the new trail staves
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [141 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Kittty
Server: Sylph
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2011-01-05 18:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious if the fully Trialed Tupsimati makes this Mythic now a legit staff. I understand the the original base Tupsimati was weaker than the elemental staves, but now that the staff can be buffed as such:

Tupsimati [Main] All Races
DPS: 1343 DMG:90 Delay:402 Same elemental magic as weather: Enmity-20 Acc.+30 Magic Acc.+25 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+35 "Omniscience" Aftermath: Inc. Mag. Acc./Mag. Atk. Occasionally attacks twice
LV 90 SCH

is it still an inferior staff to undertake?
[+]
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2011-01-06 13:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It is still garbage and will always be garbage unless they add affinity damage to it (or some other spectacular mod). Magian affinity damage+5 staves are superior in every way.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 13:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cymmina said:
It is still garbage and will always be garbage unless they add affinity damage to it (or some other spectacular mod). Magian affinity damage+5 staves are superior in every way.
This... I mean even blm mythic is a far cry from trial staffs...actually if I remember right HQ staffs will usually beat it too in abyssea lol
 Sylph.Kittty
Server: Sylph
user: Kittty
By Sylph.Kittty 2011-01-06 14:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Cymmina said:

To clarify, so I know what I'm looking for/what you are referring to, is affinity damage the red highlighted area below or is affinity damage a hidden stat that is not visible but something that has been discovered through testing?

[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-06 14:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kittty said:
Leviathan.Cymmina said:
To clarify, so I know what I'm looking for/what you are referring to, is affinity damage the red highlighted area below or is affinity damage a hidden stat that is not visible but something that has been discovered through testing?
Not visible on the HQ staffs. We didn't really start calling it affinity till the trial staffs came out with that on it. For comparison to trial staffs HQ staffs would have +2 affinity