Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea NM Key Items
Abyssea NM Key Items
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-08-16 03:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to pull a NM (in hopes of the puller getting the key item for a higher tier NM), die at some point in the fight, raise up, kill the NM and still get the key item (the same person that pulled the NM)? I'm wondering because my LS did the rafflesia NM one time; I was puller and got charmed; it then died while I was charmed and the only person uncharmed got the key item instead of me. I'm also wondering because I've yet to get a key item when I die in a fight and nobody else in my LS has gotten a key item when I've died either.

So, my question is, when the puller dies after claiming the mob and pulling to alliance, does the key item still go to him/her when the NM dies (as long as they are alive) or to the second person to touch it? Note that the NM will never be unclaimed at any point, otherwise it would obviously go to the second person. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-16 03:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Raskovnik? I 'think,' not 100% certain though, If the NM isn't forced popped it can go to anyone in the group that doesn't have it but I could be wrong. I know for forced popped NMs if the person who pops the NM is dead when the NM dies no one gets the key item, only the popper can get the item.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-16 03:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki says the puller gets it and if the puller dies or maybe it was wipe can't remember the next puller can get it too
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-16 03:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Wiki says the puller gets it and if the puller dies or maybe it was wipe can't remember the next puller can get it too

Hm, I'm thinking if the puller dies then all hate is lost then thus second person with hate would get it. Since:
Quote:
I was charmed and the only person uncharmed got the key item instead of me.

So it could be possible since you lost complete hate the person who had hate next was considered the 'puller' even if it remained claimed.

Edit: maybe it's not necessarily the puller just first on the initial hate list like order?
example:
person 1 ->initial hate
person 2
person 1 -> dies/charmed
person 2 shifts to #1 on the initial haste list
person 1 is #2 on the hate initial hate list after raised

Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-16 04:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The first person to gain Enmity on the target gains the key item, this is the case with at least the pre-spawn (non forced).

In the case of a Force Spawn, it could either go to the person who uses the key item (Pops) or, still, the first to gain enmity(Which would still be the popper unless they die).

In the case of Raskovnik, when a player is charmed, they are completely removed from the monsters enmity list, and the next person to gain enmity is granted the status of "Puller" and thus can acquire the key item.

In the case of dying, dying itself does not remove one from the enmity list (Since TH still works if the treasure hunter job trait is on a person with 0HP) though the specifics of how that works is still up in the air.

I can confirm that, at the very least, you die and are raised before the monster is killed, you are still eligible to get the key item, this was demonstrated after sucking down a crippling slam from that wivre ***. I was raised at 1% and the killing blow was delivered, at which point I gained the Cracked Wivre horn.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-16 04:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Key items aren't 100% right for popped NMs?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-16 05:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:

No, they aren't. Honestly, you're better off farming Key items from Golden chests in a good exp PT than going the normal route. You can fill in some gaps, but it's just so much better to get them that way. I think last time we got 1.5 Kukulkan Pops, 2 Eccentric Eve Pops (minus the Kukulkan's fang which dropped from them, which we wanted to fight for Grim Cuirass Materials) and some assorted junk.

This is especially true in Tahrongi, when some of the pop sets require two "<rare>" spawns to make the key item. Suffice to say, the Mandragoras are very effective key item farming tools, since they don't grant ruby lights, and you're plagued with less shitty chests that way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-08-16 12:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Zicdeh, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I'd like to sac the adds from Fistule next time we kill it and I wanted to make sure that I could still get the key item even after dying. Can anyone else confirm this?

Edit: I believe for popped nms, the popper will always get the key item (if it drops) even if another alliance/party kills it, as long as the popper is alive.
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-08-16 13:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

fisherman or popper gets key item unless they die and/or target goes unclaimed, whoever gets hate on the unclaimed mob now gets key item. (personal experience)
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-08-16 14:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah, because if the mob goes unclaimed then the next person to touch it is now the new "puller." That's already been discussed. My question is if someone pulls a NM, dies, raises back up while the party/alliance is still fighting the nm, do they still get the key item? According to Zicdeh, they do. I was just asking for more confirmation so I don't waste my time with fistule.
 Asura.Chareos
user: chareos
By Asura.Chareos 2010-08-16 14:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
Well yeah, because if the mob goes unclaimed then the next person to touch it is now the new "puller." That's already been discussed. My question is if someone pulls a NM, dies, raises back up while the party/alliance is still fighting the nm, do they still get the key item? According to Zicdeh, they do. I was just asking for more confirmation so I don't waste my time with fistule.
Yes they do, I got doom'd and died to Adze, raised up and got the gnat wing.
 Asura.Chareos
user: chareos
By Asura.Chareos 2010-08-16 14:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Also been charmed by Raskovnik and got the key item on death.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-08-16 14:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Great thanks ^^
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-16 15:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

No, they aren't. Honestly, you're better off farming Key items from Golden chests in a good exp PT than going the normal route. You can fill in some gaps, but it's just so much better to get them that way. I think last time we got 1.5 Kukulkan Pops, 2 Eccentric Eve Pops (minus the Kukulkan's fang which dropped from them, which we wanted to fight for Grim Cuirass Materials) and some assorted junk.

This is especially true in Tahrongi, when some of the pop sets require two "<rare>" spawns to make the key item. Suffice to say, the Mandragoras are very effective key item farming tools, since they don't grant ruby lights, and you're plagued with less shitty chests that way.

:\ Yeah that's true. Especially for a low man group depending on how many you go in with because I mean. If you can kill the NM (popped NM) within a few minutes then you can pop quiet a bit within a few hours but if you are with like 2~3 you can take like 30min to do a NM which is if you're lucky 3~4 NMs in 120m.