Which pup frame to start with

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Infernalfire
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Infernalfire 2010-08-09 15:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

On and off for about 1 1/2 yrs, dont do much end game on it other than odd dynamis.So if I ever give my opinion on anything other than campaign(i know not end-game) or can Pup work in city runs then just tell me to shut my trap as i really dont know what Im talking about

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Sharkycan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sharkycan
By Carbuncle.Sharkycan 2010-08-10 07:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. It seemed you stopped being an *** after that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo
Server: Ragnarok
user: shimey
By Ragnarok.Yokyumosheemo 2010-08-12 07:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

While people argue.. let me tell you from personal experience cause i went into pup blind and learned it as i leveled. Grew with the job.

Sharpshot is the hardest to skill, so I would recommend that 1st, its great for pt's (If you make them) damage out put is very nice. You can skill up your magic when you solo, its not that hard. And you can cap you melee skills later cause you will skill them slowly as you go along no matter what frame you choose.

I went mage > sharp > val and I wished I swapped sharp and mage.

You do it either way you want, I was a solo pup, never saw an xp party, I solo'd 1-78 and did abyssea 78-80. Honestly it really comes down to how you level your pup. If you are planning to do the pt route, def go rng frame 1st if you are going to solo, using the automaton to keep you alive is a good thing, but you may regret it later
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2010-08-24 21:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i suggest rng because you can get magic skill ups from starter pup. rng comes from rng only.
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-08-26 02:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus we can cap magic at Beadeaux Afflictor trick i learned the other day. But must have Cursna or even silena if u go the Mute route. I prefer cursna since u just stand there haha. But do it during Martial Master kupowers for best results.
 Asura.Shiroineko
Server: Asura
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-08-26 03:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd say definitely the sharpshot frame, solely because it is a freaking b*tch to skillup. you can level magic any old time, especially when you get the whm head, but ranged is very hard and you need to start as soon as possible. (disregarding drum magazine, the ranged attacks are pretty darn slow, you miss alot with low skill, and there's only a chance you'll skill up on it. trust me, it's not fun)

that's not to say ignore the magic skills, you should get them up too, just do ranged to cap, or near cap, on every level. you will save yourself ALOT of grief later.

(yay armor piercer!)