Please Help Me Out A Lil Here....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Please help me out a lil here....
Please help me out a lil here....
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-07 02:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to master this deactivate >> activate solo nuke strategy for pup....and its just getting the best of me. I can't seem to easily do this on pup/nin... I have hermes sandals, and I'm trying to solo Groundskeepers in sky, to perhaps solo Despot...I pull with hojo for initial hate, I use thunder 4 (not quite up to stone v yet) and deac or ventriloquy the instant the mob's hp bar goes down...here are the problems I'm running into:

1) after that initial nuke I seem to gain way too much ground for my puppet to nuke them ever again unless I take a ton of hits...

2) Even after using Ventri off a big nuke, I find myself losing hate after the puppet does a 2nd nuke (even if it was deactivated to clear all hate).. and my puppet ends up dying a lot....

3)I have to stand close enough for the puppet to land the nuke and just eat hits with shadows, which makes me wind up taking too much dmg and I can't heal myself..

Somebody plz tell me what I'm doing wrong here..this is driving me nuts...

*edited*
 Phoenix.Kryptik
Server: Phoenix
user: phawk23
By Phoenix.Kryptik 2010-08-07 05:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch and get some mage gear then go back so you can sleep them this way you wont be getting your face pwned
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-07 17:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh ok..my sch is 80, so i definitely have mage gear...didn't realize that /sch was a better way to go.. thx mate
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-08-07 17:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

1.) I'm not sure what your problem is here the sandalss shouldn't have you going fast enough to move out of range, I would say your best bet is maybe stopping a sec or 2 to let the mob cover some ground.
2.) You gotta remember that your hate is gonna slowly decay while you're building those manuevers. So of course another nuke is going to rip hate off of you unless its resisted or something.
3.) Again if you can fix your distance to the enemy you'll be fine and not have to do this. lmao

Hope that helps at least a bit >.< its been awhile since I've soloed those for Despot. Though trust me, if you're trying to pop Despot /nin will be better to survive his TP moves if he gets close enough to use them(Probably won't but it never hurts to be safe).
[+]
 Shiva.Borealis
Server: Shiva
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-07 17:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lolPUP
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-08 18:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

yea like whm >.>
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-08-08 21:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah /sch made solo nuking possible for pup. love it!