True Or False(Abyssea)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » True or False(Abyssea)
True or False(Abyssea)
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-31 12:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Not broken per se.
I've read several reports that certain mob groups are not capable of producing one certain type of light. Can't say any of this is confirmed, but that's what I've read so far.

I think Krizz was investigating this somewhat. Maybe he'll shed some more light on the topic soon.
This.

Mandys for instance don't give ruby light on WS kills. There have been other mobs that report to not give azure light on magic kills too... so obviously nobody exp's on those.

THE single best way to go about abyssea is to build up azure light first... about 30 times. Then do pearlescent light about 30 times... at this point you'll see a blue chest every other mob if not EVERY mob.

Too many times i've seen pickup groups do pearlescent light first... that will proc ALL chests to pop more often... so less blue.

I've also seen groups just wing it and try for whatever light... also a bad idea.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-07-31 12:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and also once you guys build up perfect azure/pearl combo and it rains blue chests... THEN you want to build up some ruby light so you get more golden light in chests which up the exp rate much much faster.

The biggest goal that everyone should have is to cap out blue chests asap.... get 10 minute extensions like candy... and then focus on the 400-600 exp cap per mob.