Black Halo Spike Dmg?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Black Halo spike dmg?
Black Halo spike dmg?
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2010-07-29 03:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Today i was killing Wivres to complete Magian Trial 1644 for my new whinja club, which is to use Black Halo 500 times vs. Lizard-type mobs. My average Black Halo landed for about 400-450 on average I'd have to say. I always use Hexa Strike when I'm LOLWHMDD, but i noticed one spike dmg black halo.

Now I've never seen a Black Halo go that high, especially given my circumstances. For one, I was spamming WS at 100tp to break my trial, so I wasn't expecting to deal any significant damage with Black Halo. Secondly, i was in a very roughly put together gear set, and wasnt macroing gear for WS. Just spamming the X button over the WS. (I play on PS2, as you can see in the above image i asked a friend to SS it for me)And Third, I had -0- Buffs on my that would increase my damage output; all I had was ProV and Haste. The set of gear i had on was this:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/170273

(When I -do- whinja, I actually gear for it, that set was thrown on from what I had in my satchel at the time, mixed with MP and -enmity)

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar spike in damage to Black Halo, or if they know what could have caused it? Would be nice if I could /sam and attempt to duplicate that damage for a Sekka > Black Halo > Hexa Strike > Light Skillchain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-07-29 04:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If no DA anywhere, and it is a wiver mob then they must of put up boiling blood which = haste+zerk
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2010-07-29 04:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I actually hadn't thought of that. The set had -0- DA gear in it at the time, that I know for sure. I dunno if it had boiling blood up or not at the time but that is a plausible theory. I was just surprised to see that # coming from a WS I previously thought to be complete garbage, and only got it so that I had more SC capabilities. I'm not sure entirely how the Wivre's ability works, but the ability berserk has a -25% DEF on it. Again, I'm far from an expert on this sort of thing, but I don't think that averaging 450 Black Halo, it would double the WS damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-07-29 04:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

well most mobs when they use zerk tend to get massive def down more then 25%, would need to talk to a thf with aura steal to know exact %s, suffice to say back at coli camp i could pull off around the same if not higher penta on a boiled blood wiver then a colibri. Doubling your dmg can easily come from that, especially with whm lack of atk+ ur lack of gear, even more so.