Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-28 22:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I refuse to buy that game, Kotick is a money grabbing ***.

(Note I said buy, not play)
<.<;; http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/07/28/starcraft-ii-pirates-stung-by-malware/

That's why I use Razor 1911 and Reloaded cracks.

Also using a torrent site with a good community helps (demonoid, TPB)

Though it is as slow as all hell, 1.9% and it's been running all night.
Odd, 9.6% here, only running a few hours.
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-28 22:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Scragg said:
Been playing since the beta, it's a great game... I'm just pissed cause I suck. I just installed the retail version, bout to try out some single player.

I suck too ; ; I'm really liking the improvements from the first game to this one though, everything is so pretty xD
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-07-28 22:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
My big issue with Starcraft II is how high they hold the campaign and their lauded "Epic Storyline" so high for a game that was only remembered because it became a Korean national sport.

Hell, 4/5 people I talked to thought Kerrigan was a new character...

Now, don't get me wrong, the general mechanics of the game are greatly designed, in such a fashion that it's (Starcraft 1) easy to jump into, yet has those hidden layers of strategy and complex unit interactions, as well as ample room for player skill through superhuman micromanagement skills to really shine.

For example, a newb may only see a Science vessel as a detector, a veteran sees it as the most annoying harassment unit in the game, rivaled only by the Defiler.

Anyway, I haven't got Starcraft II yet, and probably won't until they release some kind of "It should have been this to begin with" edition with all three campaigns, for a standard 60.00$, especially since they took away LAN functionality.

Defiler was an amazing unit. I'm so upset that it's not in SC2. I've won so so so so many Zerg v. Zerg battles with a small group of units and a defiler vs. triple the units and no defiler.

I haven't picked up SC2 yet, but I hope it's an awesome game like Broodwar. If it involves lots of micro and macro, has key units that can turn the tides of war, and is as fast paced as the original, then I'm sure I'll love it.

Also, to the people who basically said "lolbroodwar", there are still tournaments held for that game to this day. Just because a game is old and the graphics may not be all shiny, the mechanics and balance of the game were rock solid. Honestly, they'll be lucky to get all the races as balanced as they did in Broodwar without making something overpowered.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-28 22:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Honestly, they'll be lucky to get all the races as balanced as they did in Broodwar without making something overpowered.

You'd think that they'd have had enough development time to get it right. ^^ If it was any other company (other than Blizzard) they'd have been working on SC 5 or 6 by now. :p
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-28 23:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking of going Zerg in this one like I did in the first.. xD
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-07-28 23:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Honestly, they'll be lucky to get all the races as balanced as they did in Broodwar without making something overpowered.

You'd think that they'd have had enough development time to get it right. ^^ If it was any other company (other than Blizzard) they'd have been working on SC 5 or 6 by now. :p

I'm mostly pessimistic about it due to how unbalanced Diablo II was. With every patch they made, a new class would come up on top and make all the other classes look ridiculous. Not to mention how I believe the games compared to one another.

Original Diablo really gave me that grim dark feeling of lurking into labyrinths and feeling death awaiting me at every turn. Just remember opening the door to The Butcher's room the first time you were playing...

Diablo II held its own, but only for the multi-player facets of it. The areas all became exceedingly boring(I can't think of anyone who actually enjoys Act 3), and classes that were strong at the start would suddenly become lackluster and you'd have no way to redeem it for Hell Mode.

So, I'm mostly hoping the same doesn't occur in the StarCraft realm.

EDIT: Also, think of things like how people in FFXI turned NIN into a tank, while that was supposedly not SE's intentions. There were all sorts of unit pathing mechanics(Dragoons for instance) in the original Starcraft that simply made it unique. People started learning the pathing mechanics and would use that to their advantage despite Blizzard not actually planning its use.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-07-28 23:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Surreal said:

Hey! Didn't notice that was you with the new avatar. :P

Yeah, <3 Zerg. They were probably my favorite. Terran were just too damn micro-oriented for my style of play.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-28 23:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I refuse to buy that game, Kotick is a money grabbing ***.

(Note I said buy, not play)
<.<;; http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/07/28/starcraft-ii-pirates-stung-by-malware/

That's why I use Razor 1911 and Reloaded cracks.

Also using a torrent site with a good community helps (demonoid, TPB)

Though it is as slow as all hell, 1.9% and it's been running all night.
Odd, 9.6% here, only running a few hours.

2Mb internet for you lol.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-28 23:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Was gonna get this for my friend's birthday. What are minimum and recommend system requirements?

Shameless bump.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-28 23:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Yeah, <3 Zerg. They were probably my favorite. Terran were just too damn micro-oriented for my style of play.

Just changed it recently too lol, Been watching the Powerpuff girls anime, it's cute xD and yeah Terran was never my favorite choice @_@;
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-07-28 23:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Surreal said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Just changed it recently too lol, Been watching the Powerpuff girls anime, it's cute xD and yeah Terran was never my favorite choice @_@;

Powerpuff girls anime? You serious? lol O.o

Does it meet the epicness of the original Powerpuff girls, with the doctor and all?

And yeah, though I'd pick random most of the time(so I could try and hone my skills in everything), I'd be /sadface when 4 rinky dink SCVs popped up on the screen.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-28 23:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Was gonna get this for my friend's birthday. What are minimum and recommend system requirements?

Shameless bump.

According to Blizzard's SC2 page... *snip snip*

StarCraft II System Requirements

The system requirements for the StarCraft II are as follows:
PC Requirements

PC Minimum System Requirements*:

* Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
* 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
* 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
* 12 GB available HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution

PC Recommended Specifications:

* Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
* Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better

*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Yes, for sure Zerg were the most fun to play for me, but having to learn the "Zerg-ese" of groans, wails, shrieks, growls, and guttural noises took some time for me, at first. :p
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-28 23:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, even I smash down the Recommended. Still not getting it until the campaign is released in it's entirety, and for 60$ or less.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-28 23:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh k, better hold off til my friend gets a better OS & more RAM.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-09-22 16:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find the other thread, so I'll ask here. Anyone wanna play with me? :/

Edit - First necro!