Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
5-hit hagun is better ...

trait+merit=35
usubody+rajas+brutal+usu feet=19
rose strap+white tathlum=6
goadling belt+unkai nodowa+tactical mantle=14

total = 74 or 20.0 TP/hit
can eat sushi or pizza

Can lower stp a bit if since you can use enkidu legs or hachiman hands on ws.

But point remains.

Has anyone found where Tactical Mantle comes from yet?
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-06 16:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hyden said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
5-hit hagun is better ...

trait+merit=35
usubody+rajas+brutal+usu feet=19
rose strap+white tathlum=6
goadling belt+unkai nodowa+tactical mantle=14

total = 74 or 20.0 TP/hit
can eat sushi or pizza

Can lower stp a bit if since you can use enkidu legs or hachiman hands on ws.

But point remains.

Has anyone found where Tactical Mantle comes from yet?

You can use hachiman hands(+1), and then you can use speed belt. You just need to check your gekko gear so as not to waste too much STR. With hachi hands you can afford to gear more STR during gekko on belt/back than the one I gave, so it's possible that it partially compensate the haste loss on hands. 5-hit hagun is actually easy with the new stp belt.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-08-06 17:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagun five-hit with all that gear's possible, that's right, and by Lv.90 it'll even be possible without the use of Goading Belt (due to Store TP V, enabling you to use Velocious/Bullwhip), but I don't think many people consider what happens if you swap to physical/magic damage reduction during any of those swings: You lose the five-hit, easily (even with Keitonotachi, mind you).

There's a solution in some senses to the fact of easily losing your -hit build, which the best part of this said solution is that it doesn't even require Usukane, but it'll make you get to 100% TP .7~ seconds slower than the standard equal-haste six-hit (23%). Keep in mind, any time your six-hit becomes a seven-hit due to coming up short on TP, your duration toward 100% TP becomes a whole 5.8~ seconds slower (3.1~ seconds slower if with haste/x2march, no hasso).

Still, for the amount of times I've lost my six-hit due to physical/magic damage reduction sets, compared to the times I've kept my five-hit (every time) thus far with this new toy, I've placed a lot of trust in it.

Hidden effect: Increases your delay by 24% (turning a 450 delay weapon into 558, 437 into 541).

No, the name does not make me favor it any more than any other situational grip, even though it makes me giggle.

It also allows you to easily solo Light every Meditate, as shown here (Yukikaze>Gekko isn't shown in the SS, but I've got logs of it if you don't believe it either way):

And hey, an extra -2% physical reduction to boot too.

That aside, directly on-topic: If you're lacking a Usukane Haramaki, I wouldn't even bother with Keitonotachi, honestly, but even if you did have one, I'd still use Hagun myself, once again due to the fact of easily losing your -hit build if you swap to physical/magic reduction in the lower -hit build set, if even for one mere swing.

tl;dr: If you don't own physical/magic damage reduction sets and /NIN everywhere (and by extension can't use a polearm properly due to the lack of /WAR), by all means get a Keitonotachi and five-hit the thing.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2010-08-06 18:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Any time you are swapping to physical/magic damage reduction schemes, it's pretty safe to assume that you're gonna get hit with some physical or magic damage (unless you're lazy and full-time it). So, you'll get enough TP from being hit that your point is moot.

Also, I don't have Usukane Haramaki or Askar Korazin, but I'm able to utilize my Keitonotachi with no problem. It just requires that I eat Carbonara instead of Yellow Curry Bun. I have no trouble capping accuracy on anything I'm using SAM for anyway, and the extra HP has actually come in handy since I'm usually tanking Abyssea EXP groups.

Here's my TP set and WS set:

I will admit having 99 TP while Meditating is pretty annoying though.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-08-06 18:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadida said:
Any time you are swapping to physical/magic damage reduction schemes, it's pretty safe to assume that you're gonna get hit with some physical or magic damage (unless you're lazy and full-time it). So, you'll get enough TP from being hit that your point is moot.

I use to live by those words, but that's exactly what eventually swayed me: You're assuming you're going to be hit enough to where you'll run up on enough TP. At least 30% of those times, I'd come up with 98-99 accordingly, effectively making the Rose-6hit slower than the Eisen-5hit.

There has not been a single time thus far where I've came up short with Eisen Grip.

Edit: That, and it requires no haste sacrificed whatsoever, which at higher haste volumes (haste/x2march), your Keit./Pole-5hit is only ahead of Hagun/Eisen-5hit by 1.5 seconds toward 100% TP. With Hasso, your Keit./Pole-5hit is behind Hagun/Eisen-5hit by 2.5 seconds.

Trust me, you'll need a Usukane Haramaki one way or another.
[+]