SMN burning frustration
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Gekuz
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Gekuz
By Ragnarok.Gekuz 2010-07-24 08:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys, i just want to make a question to all those summoners who have exped their job before the level sync update. Since SE has added the new blood pact to this job it seems that all those summoner who have exped in SMN burning know every strategy and tips and how to guide the job. This stuff is making me mad. I've tried to do an astral flown party just to understood what the hell is the results of one of this party. However i've only found pretty nice results in doing merit or safe. After then i've seen that on the server now there are growing tons of noobish-stupid summoners that they want to explain you how to do the job after that you have spent ages to bring it to the 75 without receiving any invite in party.

So my question is...
are there any other summoners frustrated from this new way of levelling up the job? @.@

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-24 08:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lolsmnburning.
you can get way more exp in abyssea now :/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Maasahn
Server: Lakshmi
user: maasahn
By Lakshmi.Maasahn 2010-07-24 08:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My thought on a SMN burn is you will have some people who could "burn" all 20 jobs to cap and play them all to an excelent potential. Then you will have some people that could xp in the perfect party set up to cap with all 20 jobs and people offering advice to them on how to play and they still suck. so in a nut shell, good players will be good and bad players will still suck.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-24 08:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because people SMN burn a job, doesn't mean they don't know how to play it. There will always be idiots in the mix, but it's equally ignorant to assume there aren't people who SMN burn and know the job as well as you do.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-24 09:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The people who SMN burn summoner end up hurting themselves more than helping in most situations.

Not because learning the job or any of that junk, but mostly because thanks to Elemental Siphon and now Avatar's Favor, they're going to be absolute ***when it comes to those two abilities thanks to largely uncapped SMN magic.

And we all know how much that sucks to skill up =x

I don't care either way on SMN burning though, TBH, its basically useless with how much better Abyssea exp is =)
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-24 09:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay in Korrokola and out of Abyssea, its bad exp in Abyssea trust me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-24 09:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

o.O; More exp for me then... I like my 13 levels in 24 hours tyvm.

NIN Edit: Nice Avatar OP, Legend of the Dragoon ftw.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 09:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
lolsmnburning.

why are you opposing the two ? You can't get decent exp in abyssea until at least 70. AB works .. at any level. I do expect the dude that AB'd in smn until 75 to keep doing it until 80, I mean it's only 200k more exp..
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-24 09:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
lolsmnburning.

why are you opposing the two ? You can't get decent exp in abyssea until at least 70. AB works .. at any level.
you apparently know what you are talking about
/sarcasm
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-24 09:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN burn pretty much died with abyssea.

I just wish that ppl that have no clue about how abyssea works would stop making pick up runs. Really annoying wasting stones & time on a 60-90 minute run because some ppl dont know how to do it right.

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 09:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

I just wish that ppl that have no clue about how abyssea works would stop making pick up runs. Really annoying wasting stones & time on a 60-90 minute run because some ppl dont know how to do it right.

How do you level your smn from 10 to 75 in abyssea. Please tell me.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-24 10:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

I dunno, you are the expert, you tell me.
edit: I dunno about any lvl 10's but I've heard of 30's going out there and leveling up quick as ***.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 10:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

edit: I dunno about any lvl 10's but I've heard of 30's going out there and leveling up quick as ***.

No.
 Siren.Miayoko
Server: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-24 10:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I believe he was being sarcastic with his statement.

I've burned my SMN and I've soloed on my SMN. ***players will still be ***regardless of what they do.

Even if you burn your SMN if you care any about that job you will go out and level your magic.

In the long run personally I bit myself in the *** by doing so because I swear to god Summoning Magic is a *** to skill up.

Anyways rate down incoming:

As long as they aren't personally effecting YOUR game play who friggen cares?
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-07-24 10:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowest leech I've heard of was 37. Think they started lower like 20-30 exp a kill but hit 500 eventually. The chests arent scaled for lower levels though which is pretty nice.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-24 10:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

This, all of this, QFT to the max.

SMN burning is no longer "needed" since it's really easier to do abyssea and there are more camps.

And especially the second part. Had to say goodbye to 120 saved minutes last night due to retards.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-24 10:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

No.

Some people in my LS have got Level 30 jobs to Level 80 in about 2 Abyssea sessions. Starts off slow and then becomes ridiculously fast.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-07-24 10:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

why dont u QQ less about it and just exp
[+]
By Saiii 2010-07-24 10:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

No.

Yes. XP/Kill is not lvl restricted. You can be as low as 30 to enter Abyssea.

Every ally in abyssea needs at least 1, maybe 2 chest ***.

I'm sure you can do the math here.
[+]
 Siren.Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-24 10:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
why dont u QQ less about it and just exp
I like the way you think.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-24 10:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Miayoko said:
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

I believe he was being sarcastic with his statement.

I've burned my SMN and I've soloed on my SMN. ***players will still be ***regardless of what they do.

Even if you burn your SMN if you care any about that job you will go out and level your magic.

In the long run personally I bit myself in the *** by doing so because I swear to god Summoning Magic is a *** to skill up.

Anyways rate down incoming:

As long as they aren't personally effecting YOUR game play who friggen cares?

I burned my smn to 75, but my summoning magic is capped, for 75, haven't gone to 80 yet. Eventually I will... But still. Yeah, I figured it sarcasm, which is why I responded with a non-negative sentence.
 Siren.Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-24 10:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I burned mine most of the way I just have no patience to skill it up all the time. I am pretty anal about blue numbers though. I like them. I like them a lot. Just about as much as fully meriting my 75's.

I'm shocked that there still aren't more Q.Q threads about AFB and Abyssea.

It's been quiet here. Almost too quiet.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-24 10:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

No.
can't win em all big guy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 10:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

No.

Some people in my LS have got Level 30 jobs to Level 80 in about 2 Abyssea sessions. Starts off slow and then becomes ridiculously fast.

It's got fixed. Also a level 30 in normal level 75 party is gaining ~ 50 xp per kill. There has never been any form of level penalty except for the under leveled player, so again abyssea didn't change anything. As leech in abyssea you are essentially gaining exp from chests which end up being ridiculous compared to AB.

Caitsith.Omicronceti
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-07-24 15:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

No.

It's got fixed. Also a level 30 in normal level 75 party is gaining ~ 50 xp per kill. There has never been any form of level penalty except for the under leveled player, so again abyssea didn't change anything. As leech in abyssea you are essentially gaining exp from chests which end up being ridiculous compared to AB.

I need you to shut the *** up. Your abyssea ignorance is driving me to the point where I want to drive nails into my head. I've been on low level jobs in abyssea as chest ***, and I've had friends on 43 dragoon and 37 bard there as well as chest *** all getting 200+ exp per kill after lights were set up right in abyssea, and that was in less than an hour. Eventually hitting the 600 exp cap along with everyone else in the alliance. Abyssea shits on summoner burns, take your ignorance somewhere else.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-24 15:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

No.

No it hasn't, Stop being an ignorant ***.

You know *** all about Abyssea, you have no right to comment.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-24 15:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Omicronceti said:

I need you to shut the *** up. Your abyssea ignorance is driving me to the point where I want to drive nails into my head. I've been on low level jobs in abyssea as chest ***, and I've had friends on 43 dragoon and 37 bard there as well as chest *** all getting 200+ exp per kill after lights were set up right in abyssea, and that was in less than an hour. Eventually hitting the 600 exp cap along with everyone else in the alliance. Abyssea shits on summoner burns, take your ignorance somewhere else.
this^ minus all the RAAAAAAAAGE
edit: where the hell is Krizz at, he would set the record straight lolol.
[+]
By cervelo84 2010-08-02 12:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

do you need sea to get into absyea?

Yes im a troll, but I used to play 3 years ago...

I find this topic interesting. Level sync gonna get a nerf?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-02 12:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need Sea access to access Abyssea.

It's not getting nerfed, some people vastly overrate the benefits of traditional EXP and somehow fail to realize you can learn everything that matters at 80 anyway... There's really no difference skillwise between a player who SMNburns to 80 and one who EXPs normally in the long run. Shitty players will be shitty and good players will be good.

Besides, Abyssea EXP doesn't require Level Sync.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
Server: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-02 12:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You don't need Sea access to access Abyssea.

It's not getting nerfed, some people vastly overrate the benefits of traditional EXP and somehow fail to realize you can learn everything that matters at 80 anyway... There's really no difference skillwise between a player who SMNburns to 80 and one who EXPs normally in the long run. Shitty players will be shitty and good players will be good.

Besides, Abyssea EXP doesn't require Level Sync.
^This pretty much. Too many people cry about burning thinking it automatically means the person has no clue about the job. I for one never had a problem with burns. If anything they let you weed out the people you know are going to be retards in the end once they reach cap.

Not hard to tell who the smart people are from the morons.
[+]
First Page 2 3