75WHM - club skill ups solo, 207 atm
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2010-07-23 11:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all

Where can I go skill up my club skill as a 75 WHM/NIN without dying? Currently my club skill is at 207 and I'd like to get it up before I level up WHM more.

I've heard that Zvahl Fortalice's in Castle Zvahl (S) was a good place using lvl 1 clubs for AFK skill ups. Does that still hold true?

If not, where can my squishy taru go and be somewhat safe?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-23 11:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i went there as 80 drk with the lvl 1 chaosbringer greatsword. Starting at 180 skill the skillups rocked. Once i got to 196 they slowed down a TON. it took 4 hours(i was playing gears of war, so afk) to get to 200.
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-07-23 11:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Besiege
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-07-23 11:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There shouldn't be any type of crab you can't solo in the tree as whm/nin. You will be able to cap on Steelshells.
 Gilgamesh.Raulete
Server: Gilgamesh
user: raulin
By Gilgamesh.Raulete 2010-07-23 11:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

you can skill up at Zvahl Fortalice's in Castle Zvahl (S) afk whit lvl 1 clubs till cap at 75
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-07-23 11:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well club 207 is the same as being 63 WHM with it capped, so what I did is find mobs that are about lvl 70 and swing away!

Mines 247 uncapped at 75 and Boyada Tree crabs (both kind) are pretty much the way to go from about 220+ I think... it's been a long time since I did it.

I use this site to find out what lvl my weapons actually are compared to my level, so I can find the appropriate lvl mob which will give the highest and quickest skill ups:

http://www.ausystem.org/~aushacho/gbox/ff/skill-e.html
 Ramuh.Merlinjr
Server: Ramuh
user: Merlinjr
By Ramuh.Merlinjr 2010-07-23 11:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-07-23 11:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Houppelande said:
Besiege

This. If you don't have anyone to tank mobs for you, etc, just do besieged. Sub /war /drg /nin, bring alot of acc armor and eat Sushi. If you have a Prudence Rod, use it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Miseko
Server: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2010-07-23 12:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lv 67 whm, I capped club in Cape Terrigan in early 200 and then went to the tree with a few skill up parties. As long as they know your going for club your usually not stuck being the healer.
By Elwynbelwyn 2010-07-26 13:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You're clearly past the Kuftal crabs. Those top out at 62 cap.

I recall that Cape Teriggan crabs are high enough to get Hexa Strike. I liked camping in the cave in the SE corner of the zone, with a clear run to a zone line behind you. Of course now between 75s doing FoV and magian trials, Cape is such a cluster that all I can say about there is "good luck".

Even Besieged is getting to the point where you really can't skill up there because stuff dies too fast. I suppose if enough people get leveled in Abyssea people will start to realize you can use it for skillup parties for mages to work on their weapons.

Just remember how they work though: your skill cap at the mob's level is the maximum you can get off of any given mob. People quoting skill numbers for skillup ranges are just showing their lack of understanding how the game works. Use the chart:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Combat_Skills

Once you get close to cap it's time to move up to something else. With weapon skills, there's a sweet spot between where you'll be whiffing all day (for few skillups) and where you have to swing all day to get one.