Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Mavi Scarf
Mavi Scarf
 Cerberus.Sey
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-07-23 11:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I'm posting here to look for help to kill an Abyssea NM Nahn. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Nahn

As you can see in the link this NM is pretty weaksause, it's just that I can't solo it. Ideal party of 6 containing Tank,Healer,BLM, and random DDs. I'm offering 100K/person and a bonus 200K/person for BLU Neck drop. I'm asking that you come 2stones ready as if we finish before time you'll be able to store time in anyway.

Thank you for reading.
 Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-07-29 09:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much the same reaction I get when I ask in /l >.<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-29 10:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

3M for a debuff neck? /barf
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-29 10:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
You are better off trying to find a linkshell to merc it for you, if you find a nice group you may get it for 3m.

Your a complete tool if you pay 3m for that.

300k maybe, 3m, you would be better off tossing that gil to some random noob.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-29 10:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
This.
Cerberus.Sey said:
Pretty much the same reaction I get when I ask in /l >.<
I'd recommend running a search on here for people with BLU at the appropriate levels. Then see what other jobs they have. Should be enough that want it as well to put together a farming group.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-29 10:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize it spawns in an excellent kiting area. Hell as a completelly unbuffed rdm/sch in only fishing gear I was able to kite it solo for a good 3 minutes without taking a single hit (well after the initial hits when it spawned before I realized it saw thru my sneak lol which put me at like 60 hp) before I realized it wouldn't despawn and I might as well die and RR.

I had no movement speed btw.

I'm semi confident most jobs with decently quick ranged dmg could solo it even without movement speed and definitely with
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-07-29 10:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

0/4 On the damn thing personally (without THF). My advice to you would be to get a group of friends and get it yourself instead of paying LS or mercs. PLD/BLU/BLM/BLM/RDM (or BLM) works nicely.

Mind you, for it's less than stellar drop rate, you can fish it up almost immediately after it's last Time of Death.

Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-07-29 10:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My plan was to kill off 1.5M for it being that most likely asking and shouting doesn't work for Abyssea unless it's exp.

Don't get me wrong, I TP in Fortitude Torque and CA/cast in Kubira Bead Necklace but I'll like to have this with the hands and compare max STR/DEX against 346skill. I've seen Nightfyre's post on max STR is better but I do bring BLU to HMNs so...
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-07-29 10:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
 Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-07-29 10:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
You do realize it spawns in an excellent kiting area. Hell as a completelly unbuffed rdm/sch in only fishing gear I was able to kite it solo for a good 3 minutes without taking a single hit (well after the initial hits when it spawned before I realized it saw thru my sneak lol which put me at like 60 hp) before I realized it wouldn't despawn and I might as well die and RR.

I had no movement speed btw.

I'm semi confident most jobs with decently quick ranged dmg could solo it even without movement speed and definitely with

Last week I went in solo with Evasion skill/Evasion gear and a INT gear swap with the intention of seeing if I can evade solo or bind/nuke/sleep/nuke but I only popped 4 regular crabs. I'll try again tonight but this time /sch with full magic spell set/gear and hope it doesn't have tp Regen.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-29 10:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really want to somehow up your general physical get a ire torque+1. It will add only .5 less to blue attack and worst case scenario (ie non str modded spell AND this neck breaking you on a tier without you having to gimp yourself in other slots like head) .25 less base dmg.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-29 10:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you can't bind/sleep/grav it. Mostly based on the fact that SE has been making almost all NMs immune to those for the last year or so....

Not sure if you can stun that AOE flood which can hurt bad.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-29 10:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sey said:
but I do bring BLU to HMNs so...
And this changes the validity of my statements... how? If anything it reinforces my point since you use Alkys/Heafoc for SA'd spells, bringing the STR difference to 15/17 just in the hand slot. That's a 3-5 base damage difference from fSTR alone, nevermind WSC... Skill tiers are only 2 base damage.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-07-29 11:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol This
 Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-07-29 11:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Sey said:
but I do bring BLU to HMNs so...
And this changes the validity of my statements... how?

I've followed your postings as well as other regulars in BLU forums across Wiki, ZAM, etc and value the info you share. I wasn't aiming to devalue your comment. I use many subjobs and spell sets and was just looking to max out my gear efficiency.

When it comes to LS events then DD BLU is all I can bring cause we got jobs to defuff and such. If I'm with friends or F'ing around solo then things change.
 Cerberus.Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2010-08-02 09:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, got this last night. Went in with LS 12 man alliance. AOE Flood was a joke doing at max 62 dmg. The Metallic Body is pretty potent as they say in wiki. I did CASA Vertical Cleave and still manage to get 0, but at least it made its stonskin weaker. All head butt stuns landed so it never got off a single Waterga 2. Very easy fight

Also dropped Dragon Meat which is not mentioned in Wiki.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-08-02 09:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

you better bet is get other peeps interest with it other drops to get their help rngers gonna want the dagger and others will want the key item pop item
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-02 09:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any use for either of the two new blu magic skill pieces? Aside from a slightly more potent drain/aspir that is.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-02 10:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Debuffs and that's about it... Symbios Gloves are a total bust since we can hit the aspir soft cap without them, making Teal or Morri hands comparable in that respect and better for other things. Mavi Scarf on the other hand is the most macc in slot, so it's not bad for debuffs (notably Head Butt) if you can justify the use of a precious inventory slot.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-08-02 16:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Debuffs and that's about it... Symbios Gloves are a total bust since we can hit the aspir soft cap without them, making Teal or Morri hands comparable in that respect and better for other things. Mavi Scarf on the other hand is the most macc in slot, so it's not bad for debuffs (notably Head Butt) if you can justify the use of a precious inventory slot.

Hmm i was wondering about this too so based on you statements.. I'd assume you have both pieces and tested them out? So we have 9 Blu skill(mavi/symbosis) -vs- 11 str(enkidu/ire+1). 8/8 skill merits Af body/Relic hat mavi/symbiosis= 346 blu skill. So basically we have 337 B.skill +11str -vs- 346 B.skill. So some one post the link where there was testing done to show the extra 9 B.Skill does less damage than 11STR.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-02 17:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

No need for testing, we have precedent data. You forget that Symbios Gloves have -4 STR, so it's really 9 skill vs 15 STR. 15 STR is 3-4 fSTR and 7-8 attack to the skill combination's 2 base damage and 9 attack; even before considering WSC the STR setup wins. My original comparison was actually vs Enkidu's/Kubira (lower max damage potential, higher acc, more standard), which shapes up as

2 base damage 9 attack vs 12 STR 4 DEX 1.3 acc

or, when we split STR and eliminate like factors

3 attack vs 1 base damage 1.3 acc and an unknown amount of WSC from 12 STR and 4 DEX

in which we see that the mod-based setup still dominates. 346 skill isn't worth reaching at the moment and quite honestly unless they drastically revise the damage formula any skill tier requiring Symbios Gloves will never be worth breaking.