users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » VNM upgrade player warning
VNM upgrade player warning
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-23 00:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If your trying to upgrade via trials and you see any shout from Xanos or Rayeese, id advise to look elsewhere. While fighting shaggoth it was just total anarchy with 1 whm who refused to wake people who refused to buy poison pots. If your trying to upgrade to a t3 and give them help they kinda jump into the pop and sneak a pop then say oops it was a accident. save yourself some grief

---DPDrants has moved to http://dpdrants.myfreeforum.org/index.php?sid=6d0219c51a3865f0b855d375baf0ebf0---
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2010-07-23 03:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm....I've known Xanos in game for a while and been in a few ls's with him. Don't know Rayeese that I can recall.

Are you certain it wasn't an honest mistake?
[+]
By KarahCarby 2010-07-23 03:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dpd, seriously?

You've been playing long enough to know that if someone is shouting for something, there is a reason.

You can't get upset for joining something you already know is going to fail from the jump.

Occasionally you get good shouts, but it's so rare to the point of not even bothering, and I'm sure you know this, so what's the point in the post.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-23 10:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

was just a warning to keep people from haveing to deal with future grief. Wasnt upset about anything was more of a heads up Karah

---DPDrants has moved to http://dpdrants.myfreeforum.org/index.php?sid=6d0219c51a3865f0b855d375baf0ebf0---
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-23 16:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what you get for leaving Fenrir, DPD...nothing like that ever happens on Fenrir, as you remember... >.>;; (LOL)

Hope you're enjoying it otherwise, over there! :p
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-23 16:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Legitimate player warning thread, +1 OP.
but I get Karahs point, just gotta be cautious about that in general :/
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-23 17:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of whether shout groups are generally fail, if someone is blatantly trying to cheat you through one, it's still worth a player warning.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-23 17:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Regardless of whether shout groups are generally fail, if someone is blatantly trying to cheat you through one, it's still worth a player warning.
agreed :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-23 19:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
That's what you get for leaving Fenrir, DPD...nothing like that ever happens on Fenrir, as you remember... >.>;; (LOL)

Hope you're enjoying it otherwise, over there! :p

OMG hi SCHUTZ MISS UUUUUUU

Carbuncle.Loriana
user: joeg01
By Carbuncle.Loriana 2010-07-24 10:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I went on that run and it was cleary stated that this was a weapon upgrade run only no abyssite upgrade. DPD tried to pony in on the fun by making us all feel like it was his abyssite run just for helping out. To add further insult to injury half way into the run he demaned we invite Likenneyen to the run and allow him to pop all vnms from then on.

I explained to dpd that this was not a upgrade abyssite run and it was not shouted that way at all. I also stated he was free to leave and we would rep him.

Finally in the end i got smoked by healing when I was told the last shoggath was already popped and to my surprise it was not. The member was holding the pop for kenney which I was not made aware of. And of course I died with no heals cause guess what nobody was there.

That in itself was *** but oh well I managed. Now while my steeping dead body was lying about we were all told to stop kiting shoggath and to die or zone so you guessed it Kenny could come get the pop. I was like omfg I died and you want the rest to go down. Please ppl boot this clown for the best of us.

If I ever shout for a vnm run for empyrian weapons you can bet your dollar I will inform ppl who are there as to what we are doing upfront and what we are going to do. I dont leave grey areas. This run was just like that.

As for the whitemage not using poison pots, yea he was a dumbass and I let him know that.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-24 22:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

first off when Xanos was shouting i was the 3rd person invited I asked if he would mind me upgradeing xstals for my t3 trial and he said no problem in return i brought help. After the first Shog i got a orange upgrade and asked inside party if a friend of mine could come and upgrade another xstal for me. Xanos and party said no problem so in essence i brought another person to help you all kill as well so it was helping each other out. When we did the next pop my friend popped and got no upgrade so then we went to the 3rd pop area and my friend popping said "popping in a sec" and rayeese crouched down and popped it. Then everyone was like im sorry lets go to next area. We went to the final shoggoth (since theres repop timers) Which a friend of mine doing the trials with us from my LS saw Loriana Rest MORE THEN ONCE, pop it then proceed to kite. So facts be told you basically were trying to upgrade xstals for yourselfs as well as upgrade trial weps. I had no trial to gain and people to help you. So basically you were double dipping in the spoils which is pretty crappy thing to do. Good luck with Blobdingnag, I know your ls will only wipe anyway. Even after watching you guys pop and kite that on purpose a 2nd time we STILL came and helped you kill it. Then you proceeded to kick my guys from the party. Real class act

"I explained to dpd that this was not a upgrade abyssite run and it was not shouted that way at all. I also stated he was free to leave and we would rep him."

It wasnt even your your run, you joined the party after i worked arrangement with Xanos so i dont see where you get off telling people what the runs purpose was or that they can leave, Or to kick clowns, cause then we should have had booted for trying to be all Boss. Thanks for proveing my point. I couls see if this was YOUR run and you told me no then ok, i would have moved on. That wasnt the case you and rayeese took it upon yourself to overturn a agreement made.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Loriana
user: joeg01
By Carbuncle.Loriana 2010-07-25 10:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to raise the BS flag on this one. After talking with xanos personally he advised me that this was not an arrangement of any sorts and that he was embarrased that you and kenny made it that way. The only reason you weren't kicked sooner was because I asked him to wait and see if you would STFU and let things just work out. As from your comments I can tell you are nobody I ever want to do anything with and I wish you never came to carbuncle as I do not welcome ppl like you ever. You have a very skewed opinion of what went down and its scary the number of ppl who might read these comments and believe your stupid but. Hey I guess I can always say theres more ppl that give a ***to help ppl get stuff done in this game then you as we had no problems downing shoggath 3 more times after you left. Thanks for nothing.

Oh feruca fly 6/6 now, And to set the community up front straight, I do not need an upgrade on abyssite cause i turned mine back in. Only stupid reason I do vnm's is the Trial of Magians.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-25 15:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok then apparently xanos is as much as a BSer as you. FYI been on carbuncle a year now. Your probally the first person whos ever pulled crap like this but whatever. You can ask alot of people who i have befriend. I go above and beyond to help anyone, even if they are from a rival endgame LS i dont mind. This is the first time I have ever heard of a you in a year, I didnt know the carby welcome wagon goes through you. You seem to consider yourself this powerful person. Your just another no name trying to feed off the scraps. This topic is pretyy much a waste of my time now you already proved your bossy selfishness. Not gonna waste anymore time on a no name. On to the next.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2010-07-26 15:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been on Carbuncle since the day I started playing and have known Xanos for a few years in game. I'm not saying who's right and who's wrong, all I'm saying is to me, personally, it doesn't sound like him at all to try to screw somebody over. Not saying that's not how it went down either, I wasn't there. That's why I asked if it was an honest mistake or no?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nharil
user: Nharil
By Carbuncle.Nharil 2010-07-27 22:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on, we can all be a whole lot more mature about this.

DPD, he got you your color upgrade and we were letting Kenny in on it as a favor because hey, more people the better for the runs. We didn't have a problem with that, but the run was put together for people to get Shoggoth kills, as Lor said, not to upgrade your Abyssite.

It's awesome you helped out for as long as you did, and thanks for that, but Kenny wasn't a part of it from the start. Xan and Kenny don't even get a long well to begin with, so it's a miracle he even agreed to it at all. We set that particular group up to help people with Magian weapons and that was the ultimate goal, despite the agreement you two made (and we kept, I might add). The next time you want to upgrade your abyssite why don't you just plan something with your LS instead?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-28 06:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if that was the case he should have refused or said how he felt about my friend instead of agreeing. my issue was never with xanos. It was with loriana and rayeese who decided to take the run into their own hands and do as they felt. I try not to drag my LS into small events like that we have a set schedule and it my job to get the foot work done anyway i can so that shouldnt even be a issue to bring up. Like i said basically this is a stale issue over 2 people so its so a week ago.

[+]
 Siren.Miayoko
Server: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-07-28 07:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, I know this pertains nothing to the thread itself but dude why not just make a blog about your rants and I read some of them. How old are you?

PERTAINING to the thread. Give it up you are the one that keeps coming back and replying.

/thread.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-28 14:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Miayoko said:
Um, I know this pertains nothing to the thread itself but dude why not just make a blog about your rants and I read some of them. How old are you?

PERTAINING to the thread. Give it up you are the one that keeps coming back and replying.

/thread.

If you dont like it your not being forced to read it, alot of people have ffxi blogs. dont throw your 2 cents in where its not needed. this is carbuncle not siren.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-28 14:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someone's just trying to promote/attract attention to their blog! :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-28 15:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yup you called it. your the only one who figured out my sinister plan
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-28 15:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress said:
lol yup you called it. your the only one who figured out my sinister plan

What do I win!? I need a new car but would settle for something good to eat!
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-28 16:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ill plvl your 1blm/nin to lvl 2
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-07-28 16:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
I think someone's just trying to promote/attract attention to their blog! :D

Yeah it had to because this was one of the most stupid threads in a few weeks that i've checked out. 0.o
[+]