Abyssea - Casual Or Hardcore ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21
By Saith 2010-07-23 11:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ain't making money off playing video games, it ain't hardcore. Playing as much as we do is obsessive, and that's not a bad thing, but neither is playing casual.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-23 11:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
In regards to Salvage. At the very least, assuming 100% drop, you need three runs to get anything. Maybe a fourth if you need a card. Now factor the much much lower drop rates, AP requirement, Assault time consumption etc, and you have a much more demanding event. With Abyssea, you can literally grab a group of friends on x job, go kill things for pop items, pop, kill leave. Less you have, less you'll kill, but that's what casual play is.
Same as salvage. Enter pop your nm, kill it leave. you don't have to stay the whole run if only need one NM, so again wrong argument.

Yes, and you'd call that casual salvage right? Glad we agree now. But in terms of Time invested/rewards gained, Abyssea will on average wins.

It's not a matter of wether salvage or abyssea will win. Abyssea is bound to win because ... the gear is for level 80 and salvage gear is level 75. This thread is not a "what's better ? salvage or abyssea ?" thread that idiots try to do. This thread is wether or not abyssea is intense hardcore content or not. You just admitted that abyssea is on average better than salvage, meaning it's not too far either - therefore it is hardcore (or casual if you consider salavge casual).

Also as far as ratio time/reward, I'd like to point out that the ratio reward/time invested is NULL for abyssea as the gear is capped at 80 and will be obsolete in 2 months. So don't try to find arguments for abyssea in relation to the ratio time/reward, because it will fail, and we knew this the moment SE announced gradual level caps.

If you want to optimize the ratio time invested/reward, stick to exping (and you don't need abyssea to get exp, hi2you astral burns and normal exp parties) and magian weapon NMs ( oh noes, I dare mentionned them again). Because we already know that level 80 magian weapons are required for further upgrade while the other gear is not...

Morrigan's body is better than any nuking/idle body found in abyssea... don't make generalizations that are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Just because gear is 76-80 does not mean it is better.

And what the hell kind of arguement is "Don't get that cause something better will be out in a while" I guess we should wear bronze gear from 1-80 because something will be better later huh? This is 'now' not tomorrow, not yesterday NOW. And right now, there is some very good gear that is worth getting because it is easy to do.

And don't make excuses that just because you can farm exp in an ally of 18 that it takes a long time to do or that you have to do it that way. You can pretty much grab any 75-80 person standing next to the entrance and go, the time issue is null. I got an abyssea ally pt invite just last night, they were already inside exp'ing with fully leveled mobs and time chests dropping, when someone did run out of time, they got a new person. A casual player can accept an invite to a run such as this, stay for 1:30 and then leave, or if they have time to stay they can stay for longer.

Abyssea is an event that does not require much, exp is simple, killing nms is simple. There is no bull like killing mobs with spikes up or defeat a mob in 45 secs or kill all the mobs on the floor within 7 mins.

I know you're blind to anything but your own thoughts but remove your head from your *** for a moment and realize just how much of a separation there is here. Casual players are usually not the type who dual box or have resources to let them do a duo salvage run, you still have to have 6 to enter even if you can manage to find someone willing to waste their time to help you enter with a dc trick. Unless you have a low-man salvage set, you will spend a lot of time shouting and getting help from people to assist you. And just how many casual players can solo a salvage zone boss? We aren't talking about casual players who have gaiters who know game mechanics to the degree of kaeko are we? That is not by any means casual.

Have you ever shouted for an abyssea exp run? Do you have any idea how fast you get people for it? You don't need any special set up, you don't have to have a brd/nin puller with a cor, you don't need 3 sam. You just need 18 people with anything and a healer for each pt and go. These mobs are not hard with 18, especially the frogs as they have no annoying tp attacks.

Are you the only one in this thread who hasn't done it? Perhaps that is why you're the only one arguing pointless things and oversimplifying everything else.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-07-23 11:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Saith said:
If you ain't making money off playing video games, it ain't hardcore. Playing as much as we do is obsessive, and that's not a bad thing, but neither is playing casual.

none of that made sense
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 11:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:

what is being discussed, how you dont want to do abyssea cause you dont have time or like it?

What's being discussed is not if X or Y person has time or not the time.

we have explained ALOT why abyssea can be done in 1-2 hours a week with pickup parties, and still get drops/cruor, and we have explained it can be done as a 5 hour a day event,
do you except this answer?
NO. and please note that only he may compare salvage to abyssea, others mustnt, as he just said again. his thread, his rules!

salvage > abyssea > pizza.

never done salvage or tower climb or dynamis, havent finished cop or toah and am on 7 of windy missions, never done znm xnm or ynm cause i dont know what those are,
i got 2 yigit pieces and i love abyssea,
[+]
By Saith 2010-07-23 11:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither does 90% of this thread, yet it's on page 8 and still going lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-23 11:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just here to say that I strongly disagree with the notion that pizza < Abyssea. The entire idea is atrocious and disgusting.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-23 12:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I'm just here to say that I strongly disagree with the notion that pizza < Abyssea. The entire idea is atrocious and disgusting.

well... maybe pimp can live with salvage > pizza > abyssea too :)
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 12:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Saith said:

cause abyssea can be done hard for a week to get 6 jobs lvl 80 and tons of crour, or can be done 1 time for 1.5 hours to get a thew bomblet.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-23 12:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Saith said:

cause abyssea can be done hard for a week to get 6 jobs lvl 80 and tons of crour, or can be done 1 time for 1.5 hours to get a thew bomblet.

because hardcore ppl are hardcore.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-23 12:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A game is only as casual as you make it, and at the same time as hardcore as you choose for it to be.

It's all a matter of attitude and how you choose to approach a given objective.
[+]
By Saith 2010-07-23 12:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Saith said:

See, and that's all that needed to be said... but I guess that's too boring for a thread for the OP to understand. :)
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 12:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Saith said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Saith said:

See, and that's all that needed to be said... but I guess that's too boring for a thread for the OP to understand. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Jeronlmo
user: Jeronlmo
By Fenrir.Jeronlmo 2010-07-23 12:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I really need to stop trying to read these post, i only got to where he started talking about Salvage drops this time.

I dont know you Pimpchan or w/e your name was, but my salvage has completed 493 complete pieces since july of 07 and nearly completed 3 mythics from strait alex drops, learn to play the *** game.

And w/e posted that pic with an alli of people killing manticore... stfu, try killing faf with 2-3 people or something then manticore try again.

You can even clear something like Dyna - Jeuno with 8-9 people.

90% of abyssea NM's can be killed with 6 people who aren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

XP groups do last for 5hrs+ but my party lastnight lasted 2hrs 30min's and we got 100k+ xp, learn to setup groups with cor/brds and a correct setup instead of gimpy ls friends.

You dont need to be hardcore to not suck.

[+]
 Asura.Majae
Server: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-07-23 12:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

dunno, its funny to read is lame posts :P its like argueing w/ my 3 year old nephew :3

and i'm bored at work!

Cute picture! :)
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-07-23 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it endlessly amusing that some people can't wrap their head around the idea that a single piece of game content can appeal to BOTH casual and hardcore players. It's shocking to think about I know, but well...Abyssea is just that.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 12:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tirantus said:
I find it endlessly amusing that some people can't wrap their head around the idea that a single piece of game content can appeal to BOTH casual and hardcore players. It's shocking to think about I know, but well...Abyssea is just that.

DONE, CLOSE THREAD!!!
[+]
By Halfpint 2010-07-23 12:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

P-chan is not going to give up...he has "I must have the last word, and everyone must agree with me" syndrome. His preferance is salvage.....got that...it has been established he has no experience with abyssea to make a valid comparison. If I remember what I have read, He does not have a lvl 80 job, and therefore has no idea how much more of a pain it is to find a camp for a regular merit pt in ToAU areas are. A couple of Dozen people have shared the difference between being the ease of abyssea and the difficulties with salvage/merit pt's he is still unwilling to accept any ideas other than his own.

He began the thread discussing hardcore-vs-casual playing, and most of the ppl who have responded to that have given opinions, and what it comes down to is that each views hard-core and casual diffrently. This is how individual opinions work, and not everyone is going to agree. BUT... This is unacceptable to p-chan who seems to have the need to convice every one that his is the only correct view. My question to P-chan is.... what is your definition of hardcore or casual??

AS for salvage...For the most part (not always) it takes a dedicated SP to get through that. I have not seen many pick up parties on cerberus durring the times I play. When i do the Rdm spot is always filled before they start hollering. Since it was added to the game I have been in a pick-up salvage pt Once.

Abyssea, go to WG or jeuno there are ppl hollering for or making Abyssea pt's... go to one of the new maws and stand or sit arround a bit. Contact the pt leaders inside and let them know you are there, you will prolly get contacted quickly to rep someone leaving an extended pt. Sure as hell beats sitting with a flag up for hours

[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-23 12:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

no, let pimpchan reply! i wanna read more about salvage > everything and how much abyssea sucks. oh yea, and everyone who doesnt do salvage is hardcore! and everyone who does abyssea is hardcore!
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-23 12:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The official new abyssea hymn:

[+]
By Kailana 2010-07-23 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care what anyone says, pizza is awesome! I definitely think it's better than salvage, that's for sure. :P
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-07-23 12:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone watch Blazblue Radio on Youtube? And have watched Ragna scream "HARDCORE" into the microphone?

I've been hearing that over and over in post after post in this thread. Just FYI.

HAADOCOA!! HAADOCOA!! *violent head-banging*

(And if you don't get this reference, just move along~)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 12:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jeronlmo said:
learn to setup groups with cor/brds and a correct setup instead of gimpy ls friends.
pchan has friends? Alert the *** presses, all I've ever seen is mdkuser and the dualboxed alt.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-23 13:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:

Depends on the pizza, but yeah. Pizza hut is not > abyssea. :X
[+]
By Halfpint 2010-07-23 13:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

<--predicts the thread is about to de-rail>, i like home made pizza best. Fresh Crust and home made sauce, grab some veggies outta the garden and throw on some mushrooms.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 14:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-23 14:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Morrigan's body is better than any nuking/idle body found in abyssea... don't make generalizations that are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Just because gear is 76-80 does not mean it is better.

Yhel Jacket +1
[Body] All Races
DEF: 39
"Magic Atk. Bonus" +10
"Magic Critical Hit Rate" +5%
"Enmity" +4
Adds "Refresh" effect
Lv. 80 BLM / SCH

Suckless and learn2count, oh yeah forgot to say, higher tier NMs are not only used for magian weapons upgrades. You are as bad as the retards with 5hours+ of playtime per day, 15 level 80 that think they are casual.

Give me any piece of salvage that is not usu feet/body, I'll give you its replacement.
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
You can pretty much grab any 75-80 person standing next to the entrance and go,

I can grab any 3-job combo, kill VT and do 15K per hour (at least). Infinitely easier for a casual player ; double exp with campaign ring active.
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
And just how many casual players can solo a salvage zone boss?

As many as casual players than can duo abyssea NMs (none)
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-23 14:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jeronlmo said:

I dont know you Pimpchan or w/e your name was, but my salvage has completed 493 complete pieces since july of 07 and nearly completed 3 mythics from strait alex drops, learn to play the *** game.

Only ? Nice waste of effort for mythics. You could just have done 3 joyeuse instead (inbefore : burtang)

Quote:

And w/e posted that pic with an alli of people killing manticore... stfu, try killing faf with 2-3 people or something then manticore try again.

Fafnir is a joke if you don't suck, what's your point ? You think you are good because you low manned it ? Welcome to 2004.

Quote:

You can even clear something like Dyna - Jeuno with 8-9 people.

2006 news.
Quote:

90% of abyssea NM's can be killed with 6 people who aren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

No. Proof ? Show me your yhel jackets and juogi. JPs will get it before your LS, as always.
Quote:

XP groups do last for 5hrs+ but my party lastnight lasted 2hrs 30min's and we got 100k+ xp, learn to setup groups with cor/brds and a correct setup instead of gimpy ls friends.

AB > abyssea, thanks for proving it to us

Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-07-23 14:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pimpchan, you have gear that is NOT obtained by casual gamers, so STFU and stop telling others that they waste time on FFXI.
You are worse than a meth *** preaching about how bad drugs are.
[+]
By Halfpint 2010-07-23 14:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Soki....made me LoL...hubby works for Railroad so I knew what it was.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 14:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21