Abyssea - Casual Or Hardcore ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 12:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Pchan quit a month ago, he's trolling, so let the thread die and any thread he'll start in the futur.

Well since it's Pchan maybe he's not trolling, but he's stupid up to a point where arguing with him is just pointless, let him stay in his world where pup > sam.
Sam > pup
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-25 12:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Nobody likes you, nobody agrees with you, and nobody cares what you have to say. There's a reason everyone lines up to do Abyssea...learn to accept it. If you can't handle this fact, go back to paying 300k to stand in Koroloka, or better yet, just quit. I guarantee NOBODY will miss you.

If you act the same way offline as you you do online, I truly feel bad for anyone who has the misfortune of having to speak to you on a regular basis.

I'm hurt.
Quote:
o back to paying 300k to stand in Koroloka,

what idiot pay for ab ? you ? you have no friends ? suck less

You say suck less, but you don't have any level 80's you *** gimp.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 12:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

You got level 80 in one month but didn't manage to get COP done in 5 years ? Really ? While playing 5 hours a day ? really ? You got no friends to help on missions ?

(inbefore : you removing missions from ffxiah)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-25 12:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

You got level 80 in one month but didn't manage to get COP done in 5 years ? Really ? While playing 5 hours a day ? really ? You got no friends to help on missions ?

Level 80 is much easier to get, why haven't you done it yet?

Gimpchan
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-25 12:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Comparing something LOTS of people want to do with something almost no one wants to do? wat
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-25 12:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:

Comparing something LOTS of people want to do with something almost no one wants to do? wat
exactly, what is the point of comparing both?
... In abyssea, I got rdm from almost 77 to 80 in a couple hours.
Quote:
@Pchan: you're trying too hard
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 12:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

rajas alone is something that everyone wants.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-25 13:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes but no one wanted to actually do the capped missions.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 13:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You got no friends? This is an online game, and everyone want limbus and rajas/tamas. Plus this gimp called flionheart is actually at the point where missions were not capped anymore. Finally, it's been one month that the level cap has been removed, anyway. So much excuses for sucking. Mnk without rajas, hmm.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-25 13:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

You got no friends? This is an online game, and everyone want limbus and rajas/tamas. Plus this gimp called flionheart is actually at the point where missions were not capped anymore. Finally, it's been one month that the level cap has been removed, anyway. So much excuses fr sucking.

All I can see is excuses made by you for not reaching level 80 yet.

>Wahhh Abyssea is too hard
>Wahhh Even though I'm still playing XI, I hate Square enix
>Wahhh AB's are ***now.

Grow a pair sally.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-25 13:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done CoP twice before they uncapped it. Good times. Then again, I actually enjoy somewhat difficult content and arguably decent story telling. Most [not all] of this games central mechanics and gameplay are *** [in my own opinion] in comparison.

In my opinion if you're playing this game solely for the virtual gratification and e-fame you attain from obtaining that newest piece of gear, it isn't worth it. It should be about doings missions with friends, enjoying challenging and interesting boss fights and battlefields, and in general having fun with friends.

Abyssea is all right. In my personal opinion they should put a limit on the level requirement to gain EXP [maybe 60/65+?] and also in future version updates increase the EXP/chain multiplier for EXP PTs/campaign/etc outside of Abyssea so people actually will PT in those places and they can stand a fighting chance against Abyssea's EXP mode.

---
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Man, can we just stick to my copy-pasta please?
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Hey guys it's time again for SUCK MY SOUR ***.

You heard it right, it's time again for pages and pages of threads consisting of people sucking on my ***, but complaining that my *** milk is sour.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

They will also ask why my ***'s haven't learned to produce the particular type of milk that they want, and complain, ALL WHILE STILL SUCKING MY ***.

YOU HEARD ME RIGHT.

Also Flionheart, I wouldn't mind helping you with CoPs. Just shoot me a /tell, but don't get mad if I re-watch the CSs! =)
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 13:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

You got no friends? This is an online game, and everyone want limbus and rajas/tamas. Plus this gimp called flionheart is actually at the point where missions were not capped anymore. Finally, it's been one month that the level cap has been removed, anyway. So much excuses fr sucking.

>Wahhh AB's are ***now.

Grow a pair sally.

All I see is the only thing you manage in the game is exping jobs. Basic stuff such has doing missions, and job progression, are something that have no sense to you even though the game is entirely based on that. Why ? because you can't just enter an ally and leech. Don't worry though, soon enough you'll get people talking about the efficient way to exp abyssea, and the "alice's adventures in wonderland" description you are doing will be laughed at, because abyssea with 3 real parties vs abyssea with gimp and gimps jobs is 3x better exp.

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-25 13:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I did get sea before they uncapped the missions thanks to my LS but even with friends you need them to be free at the same time, want to help and be on the same mission or further in the storyline. This wasn't always so easy, even with a static it could take a while if people were suddenly busy due to RL or LS events. If you had to shout you could be stuck for days like a guy on Bismarck is now. He's been shouting for 8-2 to 8-4 for like a week straight now and no one wants to help lol
[+]
 Siren.Balias
Server: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2010-07-25 14:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
You're all noobs, everyone knows you get the best gear from Garrison >.>

People still do Garrison? OMG! I've been missing out on it all this time ; ;
[+]
By juliao 2010-07-25 14:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

HARDCORE:
===============
Alliance party: Tahrongi Canyon
5 hours - 175k XP

Whoever thinks this is MORE time consuming is n00b.
I'll finish my merits, ty. =P

This is FFXI in fast forward, like Dynamis for XP.
How could anyone NOT LOVE THIS>>?

Finishing 10 merits in one party is incredible, peeps!!
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-25 14:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

>Wahhh AB's are ***now.

Grow a pair sally.

All I see is the only thing you manage in the game is exping jobs. Basic stuff such has doing missions, and job progression, are something that have no sense to you even though the game is entirely based on that. Why ? because you can't just enter an ally and leech. Don't worry though, soon enough you'll get people talking about the efficient way to exp abyssea, and the "alice's adventures in wonderland" description you are doing will be laughed at, because abyssea with 3 real parties vs abyssea with gimp and gimps jobs is 3x better exp.

Then you'll never be able to do abyssea, because you're a gimp.

Also cheers dark, I might hold you up on that when I get back in game lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-07-25 14:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the two most extreme examples given by the OP can't possibly be for someone who calls themselves casual. Someone who is going to network, plan and scheme their way to an Empyrean weapon isn't casual by any means.

As for the 5 hour parties, I'd have to say it depends on the circumstances. Is it a weekend? Is that person off for the day? Is there a baby in the crib choking on it's own spit or not? My experiences thus far aren't typical of what's being reported on the other fan sites.

We've stuck to quests, cruor farming and getting confluxes. Most recently we got some poise boots but that's really the extent.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-25 14:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Except that the joy of abyssea is that you don't have to worry about stuff like breaking xp chain which takes a lot of the pressure off super optimizing. Kill speed is nice but having people do the the right things is nearly as important. And at least BLM and/or BLU will always have a place thanks to the way they designed abyssea.

And pretty much every xp party is melee front, mage back. From valkurm all the way to bhaflau, why would it suddenly be different?

I think this the most hypocrite post of the thread.

Yes or no is the game unbalanced when it comes to DD and mages ?

(1) The reason you put mages behind is because they do ***melee damage, but are good at curing

(2)The reason you prefer MNK or SAM to DRG is that DRG is fail at DD and better at ..nothing

(3) The reason you don't get invite PLD is the same.
(4) the reason rdm is preferred to smn follows the same logic

So there is no more reason to prefer the DRG front/smn support than
the rdm melee, the brd melee and not buffing, the DRG wearing full AF2+1, the pld skilling up staff. If you go by the logic "abyseea is cool guyz anyone can get exp on any job", then you should allow rdm and brdz to melee.

Getting certain lights requires getting kills of a certain type. To get azure light you need magic kills so you need a source of magic damage such as blm. Abyssea is one of the only places post 50 where melee and nuking mages can pt in the same place.

On my rdm I can melee to help with getting pearlescent and magical ws for amber, I can nuke for azure and still keep people alive, refresh and haste. It's less boring.

Also, it's not 2005 anymore, DRG is not a fail dd and why the hell would anyone melee in relic when you can spend 100k for full perle or get one pt and buy it with points. Relic +1 body is the only part you would ever melee in for the haste and that is assuming you have your 6 hit else where and acc capped. You're making broad generalizations here, we aren't saying that you can be a tard and gear stupid just because abyssea opens more options for pt set up. If you go in to abyssea with 3 sams a brd cor rdm in each pt of the ally you will fail hardcore because you cannot get the proper lights to set up for anything other than exp for your time limit of 1:30.
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
what idiot pay for ab ? you ? you have no friends ? suck less
Not everyone has friends with no lives who want to sit in k. tunnel to get you exp when you can go do it yourself, or all join up in abyssea and get exp for everyone at the same time. To get in an astral burn pt you either have to set it up yourself, have friends who set it up or pay, unless you actually need exp for smn or merits which can be gained on any job or you just have a level 12 you need to get up quickly.

I like astral burns, but with my smn being level 1 and not wanting to set them up myself, I'd rather just take everyone to abyssea and get us all exp rather than just a few of us.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-25 15:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol astral burns are dead, It's idiotic to do them now.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-25 15:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on SE leaked this to me.

Grumpychan said:

Dear Square Enix.

I'm extremely butthurt over the last expansion you released. You told me it was going to be for casual players, BUT, if I want the best of the best equipment from Abyssea I have to spend a lot of time and effort to get that. I am dissapoint.

You gave us astral flow burn as a way of getting fast exp and merits, atleast the ones of us who either have smn or multiple accounts so we can pull and leech. Wasn't that enough? You just had to go and give EVERYONE an oportunity of fast and easy exp? I feel violated and highly offended. It's just as if you gimped the smn as a job, because all it really was to me was an advantage over others so I could get my exp that way. Now everyone can get fast exp AND have fun at the same time, where is this going to end?

I am going to cancel my account and quit this game, and unless you give in to my demands I WILL go to an online comunity and convince them I'm right and make them all quit on you. I'm srs!

Demands:

1. Either cancel the last expansion, or rework it so it fits my needs better.

2. Admit that abyssea is only for very hardcore players (such as myself).

3. I bought these really nice weapons that drops from PW, but now I'm starting to see they will be pretty useless in awhile with the new trial of magicians weapons from abyssea. I want you to either remove these new weapons (as they are a threat to my current gear) or gimp them so that they will be nowhere near as good as what I currently have.

4. I demand that you make an official statement that says to the comunity that I was right and they were wrong. Especially that they were wrong having FUN in ABYSSEA!! How dare they do something like that.

I am beeing serious here, unless you do as I ask, there will be consequenses. I'm very good at convincing people, and I will make a lot of people quit and unisntall their games.

You have until July 30th 2010 to make these changes....or else.

Yours truly, Grumpychan of Leviathan.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-25 16:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Grumpychan said:

Dear Square Enix.

I'm extremely butthurt over the last expansion you released. You told me it was going to be for casual players, BUT, if I want the best of the best equipment from Abyssea I have to spend a lot of time and effort to get that. I am dissapoint.

You gave us astral flow burn as a way of getting fast exp and merits, atleast the ones of us who either have smn or multiple accounts so we can pull and leech. Wasn't that enough? You just had to go and give EVERYONE an oportunity of fast and easy exp? I feel violated and highly offended. It's just as if you gimped the smn as a job, because all it really was to me was an advantage over others so I could get my exp that way. Now everyone can get fast exp AND have fun at the same time, where is this going to end?

I am going to cancel my account and quit this game, and unless you give in to my demands I WILL go to an online comunity and convince them I'm right and make them all quit on you. I'm srs!

Demands:

3. I bought these really nice weapons that drops from PW, but now I'm starting to see they will be pretty useless in awhile with the new trial of magicians weapons from abyssea. I want you to either remove these new weapons (as they are a threat to my current gear) or gimp them so that they will be nowhere near as good as what I currently have.

4. I demand that you make an official statement that says to the comunity that I was right and they were wrong. Especially that they were wrong having FUN in ABYSSEA!! How dare they do something like that.

I am beeing serious here, unless you do as I ask, there will be consequenses. I'm very good at convincing people, and I will make a lot of people quit and unisntall their games.

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 16:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Also, it's not 2005 anymore, DRG is not a fail dd

DRG will be fail until SE gives them 15 store TP.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-25 16:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Quote:

Pimpchan will be fail until he reaches level 80

Agree
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-07-25 16:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Quote:

For a 5-hit? We can already do that now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-07-25 16:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Goodbye Grumpychan from Leviathan.

If you seriously think that SE would do as you ask then you belong in a nut house. Its people like you who destroy the fun of the game just because your not getting your way. Hell your probably the main reason why RDM was forced to become a back line job and RDM losing its RDM's Tanks spells eminity.

As for abyssea god I love those places its so much nice exp and so much fun. Let alone so much possible nice gear that could be getting from inside there. If you don't like abyssea there is something seriously wrong here.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-07-25 16:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Grumpychan said:
Dear Square Enix. I'm extremely butthurt over the last expansion you released. You told me it was going to be for casual players, BUT, if I want the best of the best equipment from Abyssea I have to spend a lot of time and effort to get that. I am dissapoint.

Demands:

If no one else minds i'd like to crown Zanno king of flaming. This was the funniest thing i've ever read on these forums.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-25 16:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Merrickmage said:
Hell your probably the main reason why RDM was forced to become a back line job and RDM losing its RDM's Tanks spells eminity.

RDM tanking was so 2006. Melees have always tanked hnms better. It was situationnally useful for trash wyrms. Just because it was better than PLD, doesn't mean it was a good tank...
Caitsith.Linear said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Quote:

For a 5-hit? We can already do that now.

The current pre 75 weapons still makes SAM better. It could change later, if they don't give polearms to SAMs. Because if both get polearms, SAM will always benefit of (x-1)-built when drg has x-built.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-07-25 17:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll have to forgive me for laughing like a madman when you state:

86DMG 480Delay > 98DMG 498Delay.

Especially when SAM wasn't given another sTP trait, and as far as I know, it has no way off getting a 4-hit build with currently available gear.

Even accounting for fSTR (of which, Stingray has a one weapon rank advantage anyway), I can't see the lower delay (2.5% advantage) actually winning.

When you account for DRG having a 68 ACC and 36 ATT advantage and SAM 5-hit only having 1% Haste over DRG 5-hit...

This isn't even account for Sprit Link, Conserve TP, and Wyvern Damage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-26 04:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
You'll have to forgive me for laughing like a madman when you state:

Especially when SAM wasn't given another sTP trait, and as far as I know, it has no way off getting a 4-hit build with currently available gear.

Even accounting for fSTR (of which, Stingray has a one weapon rank advantage anyway), I can't see the lower delay (2.5% advantage) actually winning.

When you account for DRG having a 68 ACC and 36 ATT advantage and SAM 5-hit only having 1% Haste over DRG 5-hit...

This isn't even account for Sprit Link, Conserve TP, and Wyvern Damage.

easily 5-hittable at 80
Quote:

480 delay : is 5 hit -able by SAms only (without carbonara and little sacrifice)
498 delay : is 4 hit-able (without carbonara and hands sacrifice on hands mainly) - requires lot's of specific gear though

But the discussion is pointless anyway as love trashes everything, especially /war...

lolDRG
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-26 05:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Grumpychan said:

Dear Square Enix.

Demands:

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 20 21