Abyssea - Casual Or Hardcore ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-24 02:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you're referencing this wrong, I don't know. But the only thing that determines casual v hardcore is time invested vs reward. If your argument is solely, having x lvl 80 jobs makes you hardcore, then you won't convince anyone. I have 8 75-80 jobs in the space of 6 years, work out the math on that. Anybody out there with x jobs leveled can duo certain NMs. ALSO, Babant/Woodman are on my server, both of them rarely play, and both are just back after long breaks. So hardcore? X

Casual play = pick up and play. Abyssea leans in favor to these types of players more than any other event out there. Whether or not stuff will be replaced eventually is a moot argument. MMOs work under the mechanism of having you repeat x event x times to acquire items. So you can... do the same events but a little bit more efficiently! If they didn't add more items, we'd realise this and get bored. They can play Abyssea casually now, and later when the new stuff comes out.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-07-24 02:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If any of you would have told me I would be XPing in alliances..

I would have called you '*** Crazy'!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-24 02:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Btw, why is AFB your standard for getting xp? It's not the most common method of xping and it's certainly not casual.

It's more casual than alliance exp. There is always an AB party going on somewhere, all you have to do is bring your SMN and leech merits.

Smn burn takes a good amount of time to set up and is only good for exp if you're level 12, a smn, paying for a leech spot or setting up the run. If you just took all the pullers, the holder and all the people who took part in the various pt's and took them to abyssea for a pt you would get more exp for everyone and not just for the 1-2 people who get to leech or who still actually need merits or exp on smn.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-24 02:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One other thing, based upon the the way they're building the world so far, I highly suspect future expansions will require all the previous ones so there wouldn't be any waste there if that ended up being the case.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-07-24 02:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Abyssea parties are like high lvl astralburn pts, except you dont gimp yourself and it doesnt cost you 200k a time to level a job

You have 8 75+ jobs, your point is invalid.

I had 7 lv 75`s before AFB pts were even out, whats your point? I`ve played since 2004.

If your assuming I burned all my jobs to 75 your sadly mistaken, AB pts dont interest me
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-24 02:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Abyssea parties are like high lvl astralburn pts, except you dont gimp yourself and it doesnt cost you 200k a time to level a job

You have 8 75+ jobs, your point is invalid.

I had 7 lv 75`s before AFB pts were even out, whats your point? I`ve played since 2004.

If your assuming I burned all my jobs to 75 your sadly mistaken, AB pts dont interest me

Its a bit breezy in here. :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 03:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
One other thing, based upon the the way they're building the world so far, I highly suspect future expansions will require all the previous ones so there wouldn't be any waste there if that ended up being the case.

Based on what was done so far, 2 months after the last expansion the pack of all 3 three will be worth 10€. And no you don't need abyssea to reach 80,90 or 99.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 03:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

And is $10 a lot of money? I mean seriously lunch costs me around that much generally.

You should send checks to SE for making such an awesome content, sicne you think 10€ is too little.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-24 03:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you could just buy it whenever the super value pack comes out but it is kinda nice to actually do something in game in the meantime, otherwise I might as well just take a year off the game. And I don't even know where your last comment came from.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-07-24 03:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How is it going to be outdated. people will carry on exping in the 3 zones. If other 2 add ons come with more zones bonus. If the gear gets outdated so what took me just over 2 hours for full perle set.

This has saved me around 120k which I would have had to spend time crafting or farming. Also would of most likely taken me over 2 hours.

Also in the 4 hours I was in there I went from 77-80* capped exp,merits and limit points.

*Was told would of been less time but chest opener was only 35. Don't know if thats true as was my first exp run there.

This has shaven time off my play time I only come on for two days. One for sky other limbus.

I can occasionaly throw in an extra day too get merits or exp. which i spent doing campaign. Max time I can play that day is 4-5 hours.

I get no where near the exp/limit points in that time than I do in abyssea.

Also from drops shared lotted at end of run I got 70k.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-24 03:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would I send money? I paid what I consider a reasonable price , you're the one who thinks it's too much.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-24 03:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just went 75-80 with capped exp and 9 merits on DRG in a few hours before deciding to call it a night. I'm loving this new expansion.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-07-24 03:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, I don't want to read all posts, but Pchan is being so ridiculous! In my opinion, hardcore is noob when they think they have better gears meaning they can do better in the game.. NOT! Just enjoy a game.... wait a minute, Hardcore players don't enjoy a game anymore because they act like the game is a serious business.... -.-;
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 04:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:
How is it going to be outdated. people will carry on exping in the 3 zones. If other 2 add ons come with more zones bonus. If the gear gets outdated so what took me just over 2 hours for full perle set.

Do you realise that perle set doesn't require you to get the extension, right ? Noone gives a ***about gear than requires 20k gil to get seriously. Don't try to present cruor gear as the reward from abyssea, when everyone, including those that have never bought any expansion, can get it, very easily.

Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 04:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Hardcore players don't enjoy a game anymore because they act like the game is a serious business.... -.-;

You are hardcore, Mr 3 level 80, 1x75 1x70, limbus titles. You've got more jobs that anyone that I have bet or played with in the game. If you don't consider yourself, then what is hardcore ?

Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-24 04:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Asura.Masekase said:

Do you realise that perle set doesn't require you to get the extension, right ? Noone gives a ***about gear than requires 20k gil to get seriously. Don't try to present cruor gear as the reward from abyssea, when everyone, including those that have never bought any expansion, can get it, very easily.

Hey you jackass, Masekase just said it was easy to get. Settle the *** down.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-24 04:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

And is $10 a lot of money? I mean seriously lunch costs me around that much generally.

You should send checks to SE for making such an awesome content, sicne you think 10€ is too little.

Hey, "the same as lunch" does not equal "too little." Also, they should do whatever the hell they want, not what some random, raging, whining person on some forum tells them to do.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 05:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you the internet police ? Are you a militant of FFXI players right to waste 10€ ?

Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-24 05:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Are you the internet police ? Are you a militant of FFXI players right to waste 10€ ?

There's a difference between Ten Euros and Ten dollars retard.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-24 05:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way, I would think those who did pay got their money's worth. Great gear, great exp, and something new and exciting to experience even with smaller groups.

$10 can't even buy me a regular old movie ticket these days. Too much 3D IMAX *** lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-07-24 05:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
"EVERYTHING THAT SHE SAID"

Pchan i suggest you delete systen32 on your PC, it will make you win all arguments on the internet much easier.
[+]
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-24 05:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan is doing God's work, he goes around from forum to forum spreading His gospel until he inevitably gets banned. Preach on, Brother Pimpchan.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-07-24 05:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone seems to agree it is good for a casual and hardcore players alike, except the person who seems upset to pay the 10 bucks for what they assume will be outdated in 2 months, honestly im surprised people are still directing comments to "suckless".

Simple facts are: very easy means of access, you can get standard exp in a short amount of time (15-25+k/hr in 1-2hrs of exping and much higher if u go longer), you do not need an 18 man alliance, it allows for ANY job formation with very small exceptions of needing some form of heals and one form of magic kills(till lights are capped), you can take a standard pt or less to kill multiple NMs or take an alliance and take on harder NMs, you can get exclusive gear, you can get non-exclusive gear, a lot of which is pretty good and decent drop rates so far...and if 10 dollars for a game EVEN IF IT WILL BE OUTDATED IN 2 MONTHS...thats 5 bucks a month for a month worth of entertainment...*** movies arnt that cheap.

To sum up, if you are debating buying the expansion and still play this game, be hardcore or casual players, i suggest it, a very good waste of money for a good amount of fun, enjoy!(except for mr suckless).
[+]
 Diabolos.Tyrial
Server: Diabolos
user: Duanyu
By Diabolos.Tyrial 2010-07-24 06:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Hardcore players don't enjoy a game anymore because they act like the game is a serious business.... -.-;

You are hardcore, Mr 3 level 80, 1x75 1x70, limbus titles. You've got more jobs that anyone that I have bet or played with in the game. If you don't consider yourself, then what is hardcore ?

says the guy with full usukane >.>
[+]
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-24 07:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

He's also got 6 level 75 jobs lol, just accept him for what he is and be entertained.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 07:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Tyrial said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

says the guy with full usukane >.>

I am a hardcore player, he too (you too). What's the problem ?
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-07-24 08:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread isn't funny anymore, it's just getting sad now. I'm starting to pity PC...somebody slap me, please. D:
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-24 09:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I still dont get it what PC is whining about.

If you dont like the expansion, dont get it. Go on and pretend like its 2007, dont do the lv cap ***, stay @ lv 75, keep the awesome 2007 gear you have. How hard can it be?

But dont expect everyone else to live by those rules.

What you think is a waste of time/money/ or w/e, isnt a waste of time or money for 99% of everyone else, it seems.

Accept that and move on ffs lol
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-24 09:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

obvious troll is obvious troll?
 Leviathan.Draylo