Abyssea - Casual Or Hardcore ?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
Abyssea - Casual or hardcore ?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21
 Gilgamesh.Ianpyst
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: ianpyst
By Gilgamesh.Ianpyst 2010-07-23 17:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pimpchan. . . you still havent given up? Funny how you ignore all the posts that prove your an idiot.

I'm still waiting for that waving white flag of yours. . .
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 17:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Lol gotta love how PC calls everyone hardcore for having multiple Jobs lvled and Endgame titles

but Pimpchan- 6 75+ jobs salvage gear, dyna +1 gear,

How do you call people thats has pretty much the same ***you do hardcore yet your casual?

Where did I say I am casual ?

what the hell is going on,
what do you think abyssea is now,
did we answer your question yet?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 17:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:
Lol gotta love how PC calls everyone hardcore for having multiple Jobs lvled and Endgame titles

How do you call people thats has pretty much the same ***you do hardcore yet your casual?

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 17:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 17:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-23 17:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Lileana said:

what do you think abyssea is now?
did we?
not yet?
anything change?
again, what do you thing of abyssea now?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-23 18:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Morrigan's body is better than any nuking/idle body found in abyssea... don't make generalizations that are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Just because gear is 76-80 does not mean it is better.

Yhel Jacket +1
[Body] All Races
DEF: 39
"Magic Atk. Bonus" +10
"Magic Critical Hit Rate" +5%
"Enmity" +4
Adds "Refresh" effect
Lv. 80 BLM / SCH

Suckless and learn2count, oh yeah forgot to say, higher tier NMs are not only used for magian weapons upgrades. You are as bad as the retards with 5hours+ of playtime per day, 15 level 80 that think they are casual.

Give me any piece of salvage that is not usu feet/body, I'll give you its replacement.
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
You can pretty much grab any 75-80 person standing next to the entrance and go,

I can grab any 3-job combo, kill VT and do 15K per hour (at least). Infinitely easier for a casual player ; double exp with campaign ring active.
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
And just how many casual players can solo a salvage zone boss?

As many as casual players than can duo abyssea NMs (none)

Abysea nms aren't hard, many can be soloed or duoed even by a person who can only play for a short while.

Yhel jacket is crafted, it's components can come from abyssea but most people are going to pick it up at the AH or bazaars, but I'll go with it anyway.

Saying it is better though, is an opinion. It is better in pure damage and I suppose that's what most blms want but for my nuking set up, the difference between morrigan's body and the Jacket +1 is 4 damage on a thunder 4 and you loose 8 INT worth of macc, I'll have to pass on calling that better and stick with my morrigan's body. This is based on a mob with 65 int. I'm not usually one who cares about enmity plus but many of the high MAB gears in this update forces you in to trade offs that stick you with a mass amount of enmity + to go with it and a blm who is dead more often certainly doesn't do as much damage.

I suppose you're stuck on that 5 hour + thing because it has been done, but that does not mean that everything in abyssea is that way. You can only stay in when you're doing exp with focus on the proper light set ups and getting enough blue chests to stay in. You cannot do abyssea nms for 5 hours straight even if you wanted to. But the main point here is that even if your going for casual exp, there is no requirement stating that you have to stay for 5 hours. What you CAN do and what you actually do are very different things.

Joining an abysea pt for exp is not an ordeal and is not a problem for a casual, nor a hardcore, player. The exp is far better than most things you can do outside of abyssea and requires no special set up or limitations on jobs. Not to mention if you build your lights correctly you can get really good exp and get rare pop items for nms WHILE you exp. No other place can you get exp and work toward a good gear at the same time.

So I ask you, rather than attempt to hide behind holes in my posts and focus away from the topic on hand, why is it that you think that Abyssea is for hardcore people only? Yes, there is content for us that want to play for longer and get better but Abyssea's cruor purchased gear has leveled the playing field for most jobs. You have to have some very good drg gear to warrant not using full perle to tp in.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-07-23 18:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You will really miss the 4-8 Macc? On most high lvl NMs it's about 1-3% hit rate. Yay...
You can pretty much use a full damage set these days on ALMOST everything. 4 enmity means 4% more hate on ur spell? That means lets exegerate a bit and say u will get 3000 VE and 3000 CE from ur spell. (I don't know how much enmity u gain after u nuke so pls forgive me ). With that body u will get 3120 VE and 3120 CE. That's like nothing. Yhel body will probably be easier to obtain than Morrigan's so I'd aim for that. For people who already have Morrigan's idk. You have to make that decision.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-07-23 18:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Threads like this is why SE never gave us good things for so long, people do nothing but bitchga V about it not being as easy as WoW

"why can i not go 1-80 and get every awesome gear evar in 5 days QQ"

pleasepleaseplease

suck less™
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-23 19:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
You will really miss the 4-8 Macc? On most high lvl NMs it's about 1-3% hit rate. Yay...
You can pretty much use a full damage set these days on ALMOST everything. 4 enmity means 4% more hate on ur spell? That means lets exegerate a bit and say u will get 3000 VE and 3000 CE from ur spell. (I don't know how much enmity u gain after u nuke so pls forgive me ). With that body u will get 3120 VE and 3120 CE. That's like nothing. Yhel body will probably be easier to obtain than Morrigan's so I'd aim for that. For people who already have Morrigan's idk. You have to make that decision.

I'm already 16/16 on magic merits, so I can't merit elemental. It only takes one resist to half your damage and I have Morrigan's already, so how hard it is to get makes little difference. If you parse full damage, by all means feel free but I'm no taru and I don't have merits in int or in ele.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-24 02:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Go Pimpchan, go Pimpchan!
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 02:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Butthurtt because yhel jacket is indeed better than morrigan

You mad. Just because YOU choose not to do abyssea content, doesn't mean this piece of gear isn't here. It's here, why are you ignoring it when bragging that morrigan's has no replacements ?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-24 02:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Butthurtt because yhel jacket is indeed better than morrigan

You mad. Just because YOU choose not to do abyssea content, doesn't mean this piece of gear isn't here. It's here, why are you ignoring it when bragging that morrigan's has no replacements ?

Not doing abyssea? When did I say that? I just don't care for a negligible damage upgrade while loosing macc. Even if I got one, I would sell it right off.

And again with the avoidance, when will you answer our questions for you?
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 02:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:

"why can i not go 1-80 and get every awesome gear evar in 5 days QQ"

This has been easy from day one ; EXP is the easiest thing to do in the game. The reasons many idiots in this thread consider abyssea a big change is only because they were capped exp on all their job and had nothing to do.
Quote:
Threads like this is why SE never gave us good things for so long

You get slightly better exp than astral burn if you can afford 5 hours exp parties, and a bunch of gear that you don't want to farm because it's hardcore to get, how is that a "good thing". Also you paid 10€ for it.. What gear did you get from abyssea so far ? you are not even 75 lol..

Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-24 02:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously Pchan just answer these questions.

1) Have you exped in Abyssea?
2) How many NMs have you done in Abyssea?
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 02:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

And again with the avoidance, when will you answer our questions for you?

I did.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 02:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

You can start a thread about this if you want, the purpose of the thread is not to understand if I do abyssea or not. That seems to be a trolling attempt from someone (you) that get butthurt because I'm explaining him he is hardcore (you : 11 level 75 and half of them already 80) and it makes him mad. I mean there is nothing wrong with admitting playing 5 hours a day is hardcore. Stop hiding your face, noone will judge you.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-24 02:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, why is AFB your standard for getting xp? It's not the most common method of xping and it's certainly not casual.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 02:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Btw, why is AFB your standard for getting xp? It's not the most common method of xping and it's certainly not casual.

It's more casual than alliance exp. There is always an AB party going on somewhere, all you have to do is bring your SMN and leech merits.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-24 02:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

You can start a thread about this if you want, the purpose of the thread is not to understand if I do abyssea or not. That seems to be a trolling attempt from someone (you) that get butthurt because I'm explaining him he is hardcore (you : 11 level 75 and half of them already 80) and it makes him mad. I mean there is nothing wrong with admitting playing 5 hours a day is hardcore. Stop hiding your face, noone will judge you.

What? I'm sorry what you just said made no sense at all. Yet again Pchan, all you do is try to dodge questions when directed at you.

Why do I ask you these questions? Because you have no experience in Abyssea yet you feel like you can make judgments on it. How can you judge something you have never done?

You are ignorant when it comes to Abyssea and any comment you make is based in no merit.

I've been playing this game since 2004. Having 11 75+ jobs in over a 6 year span really doesnt mean much. Thats 2 jobs per year taken to 75+. If anything, the amount of 80s I have is a testament as to how Ayssea has made exping much faster and more fun than it was before.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-24 02:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

It's more casual than alliance exp. There is always an AB party going on somewhere, all you have to do is bring your SMN and leech merits.

And what if someone wants to level something other than SMN?
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-24 02:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I am thinking of trying out Ayssea. Is it worth it??
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-24 02:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
I am thinking of trying out Ayssea. Is it worth it??

If you aren't French, yes.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-24 02:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

Maybe it differs by server but that's certainly not the case on Unicorn. Most AFB groups here are pretty much closed groups and they'll only invite sync leeches. And that would only lvl your SMN, what about all the other jobs?

And what makes alliance xp so non casual? Just because you need a lot of people?
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-24 02:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool I think I will try it. Thank you Kimble!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-24 02:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:

And what makes alliance xp so non casual? Just because you need a lot of people?

Yes. And a lot of time. And non retards. And people willing to pay 10€ for an expansion that will be outdated in 2 months.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-07-24 02:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Cool I think I will try it. Thank you Kimble!!

Once you XP in Abyssea... You will never XP anywhere else again!

[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-07-24 02:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea parties are like high lvl astralburn pts, except you dont gimp yourself and it doesnt cost you 200k a time to level a job
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-24 02:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Abyssea parties are like high lvl astralburn pts, except you dont gimp yourself and it doesnt cost you 200k a time to level a job

You have 8 75+ jobs, your point is invalid.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-07-24 02:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of time isn't really much more than a regular xp party, you can stay for only 2-3 hrs and still get pretty good xp. No one forces you to stay 5 hours. And having a full ally actually lets you get away with a couple retards, at least there are people to pick up the slack, lol.

And is $10 a lot of money? I mean seriously lunch costs me around that much generally.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21