Alien Swarm
 Midgardsormr.Sheebs
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sheebs
By Midgardsormr.Sheebs 2010-07-19 12:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.alienswarm.com/index.html

So, this game is free and is going to be unlocked in about 2 hours on Steam.

Anybody planning on getting it as well?
[+]
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-07-19 12:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

YES YES YES! This game is a ton of fun (UT2004 version rocked!)

I've been looking forward to this coming out ever since I played the UT mod.

:D :D :D
 Cerberus.Frazar
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Frazar 2010-07-19 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

:O Free steam game, looks interesting. :D
 Midgardsormr.Sheebs
By Midgardsormr.Sheebs 2010-07-19 12:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If anybody here want to add me for some games once this is out, here's my Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017134286/

I'm so excited for this. It looks like a ton of fun.
 Seraph.Corrderio
Server: Seraph
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-07-20 04:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried this awhile ago, it's pretty awesome and achievement that gives you a TF2 hat is pretty awesome. It looks cool on Pyro.
 Midgardsormr.Sheebs
By Midgardsormr.Sheebs 2010-07-21 13:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Corrderio said:
Tried this awhile ago, it's pretty awesome and achievement that gives you a TF2 hat is pretty awesome. It looks cool on Pyro.

I like how it's a cheap hatless hat for the Scout, Soldier, Sniper, and Engineer. Though I'm still partial to the Gibbus on the Pyro.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 13:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the hat for TF2 yesterday, it's another Gibus so I won't be using it.

Game is awesome, Infestation is a bit annoying though.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-21 14:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna download it! >< But I forgot to last night.. Grr another hour of work still then I'm going to see Inception...
 Midgardsormr.Sheebs
By Midgardsormr.Sheebs 2010-07-21 16:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Got the hat for TF2 yesterday, it's another Gibus so I won't be using it.

Game is awesome, Infestation is a bit annoying though.
I remember hearing that the Shock Armor helps kill the parasites before they get to you.

Also, is anyone else having problems launching the game? Ever since the new update, it'll just close out right when I get to the start up screen.

Midgardsormr.Sheebs
By Midgardsormr.Sheebs 2010-07-21 16:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey, before I forget.

Seraph.Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-07-22 01:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sheebs said:
Seraph.Corrderio said:

I like how it's a cheap hatless hat for the Scout, Soldier, Sniper, and Engineer. Though I'm still partial to the Gibbus on the Pyro.
I love it on my Pyro.
 Sylph.Cerilono
Server: Sylph
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-07-22 02:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am definately getting this. Installing right now.

I have used steam before but for some god awful reason I cannot get my old account back, so I made a new one, and it's been years. Dunno how to add people or whatnot.

Hit me up
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-22 02:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started installing as well. Looks pretty awesome, especially fo a free game.
 Seraph.Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-07-22 03:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what part I hate about Hard difficulty more. The huge leap in difficulty from Normal. Or people that keep bitching. Considering how hard it is to fire at enemies when people are running all over the damn place.

Hopefully Steam makes the lobby a lot better in the update and removes the friendly fire option.
 Sylph.Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-07-22 03:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, this game could also do with a flashlight, this is kinda hard just firing blanks into the dark.

Wasn't there a night vision option in one of that trailer? Or do you have to unlock that thing?
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-22 16:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me lagging or is it ridiculously hard to keep the aim steady using your mouse? I barely move it and it swings wildly in any random direction, It's hard to control the cross-hair for me, so I end up more or less shooting in a random direction. D:
 Sylph.Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-07-22 16:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably you or something lol, I never got that problem.

Also is the servers currently working? I cannot find a public match nor host one. D:
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-22 17:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They were working earlier this morning, I tried a match a few hours ago. But now I've just been in the offline practice mode trying to get a feel of controlling my aim, lol. Any idea if a wired xbox controller would work for the game?
 Sylph.Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-07-22 17:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah I don't think so. Though I haven't tried and if your aim is really that crazy then I suppose you should give it a shot.

I played offline practice a few times and omfg the npcs are *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, had to restart 3 times lol
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-22 17:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my mouse is a bit too sensitive or something. I found that if I move it only slightly in whatever direction, I have better control over my aim, but If I move it as I normally do with a mouse It ends up going way further than I want it to be, when there's an alien right in my face lol. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing besides killing aliens lol. I see some objectives at the top before starting, but still kinda unsure on what to do exactly. That's why I'd rather not do online at the moment and have someone /rage at me.
 Sylph.Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-07-22 17:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's probably the sensitivity then. And yeah there are objectives but most of them is just progress throughout the game, and a couple requires you to destroy specific stuff like burning masses of whatever the hell it is and even eggs. Also sometimes it requires a tech to hack a panel or door, which is pretty easy really. Probably best to try out Medic and Tech, rather than just shootin' stuff up throughout the levels.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-22 17:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I lowered the mouse speed a bit and it seemed to help, although I still get lag when all 3 squad mates are shooting around me, but that's probably my shitty graphics card. Is there anyway to pull up your objectives mid-game? I only got to see them at the beginning, and when they showed up once I completed one. Also, I just got raped cause of lack of ammo, how do you distribute ammo to the npcs once they're out?
 Sylph.Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-07-22 17:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the objectives will up posted at top left of screen when it matters such as destroying biomass or burning certain amount of eggs, but everything else is just progress so as you go through you'll automatically complete them.

As for the ammo thing, have one of your teammates get the ammo pack for secondary slot, and then have them deploy it. to do that is either the 1-4 keys, which depend on the person who has it. Such as if player 2 has it, press 2 to deploy, player 3, press 3, etc.