Imperial Wootz Ingot And The Japanese Way.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Imperial Wootz Ingot and the japanese way.
Imperial Wootz Ingot and the japanese way.
First Page 2
 Unicorn.Hardwood
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Hardwood 2010-07-17 12:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reaching out to anybody who knows how to speak japanese and also japanese who know how to speak english concerning imperial wootz ingots.

I'm on unicorn and I would imagine its just about the same on all servers. UNDERCUTTING + selling for as little as 20k profit. Now to the untrained mentaly challenged this may seem like the way it should be. But to me and everyone i know who speaks english, (seriously) we have all talked about how mininum profit margin should be 100k (this is at 900~1m ingredients) and mininum 50k (this is at 400~500k ingredients) because 1 fatal break and at 1m ingredient tag you need to make 10 to break even, NOW THATS ASSUMING YOUR GETTING 100K profit.

NOW heres the problem, i have not sold an im. wootz ingot for 100k+ profit in almost a year. Basically since a few JP smithers have been spamming them (Gigabit, Zellkr, Megmilk, Eastwind.) those 4 are the worse that come to mind even tho there are atleast 5 more on unicorn. THEY ALL SELL FOR 10-50k (50k is rare) profit margain. And the thing is ive tried to talk to them and say hey if we all put at same price they will all sell and we will make / lose less money. however the few who have actually answered back gave the <i don't speak any english>..

I would love love love if someone who speaks/writes jp to talk to these fools and ask why is it they have 0ZERO sense of business / selling.

Also if your onw of the people who do this please explain to me how much time you spend buying/crafting/selling for how much or should say how little profit a week.

I need this synth to make gil on smithing since SE decided to completely and utterly destroy item values for nq/hq of the VARY FEW wanted armors.

/yours truly -Hard A.K.A disgruntled crafter.
[+]
 Odin.Jryan
Server: Odin
user: jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2010-07-17 12:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

“Teach a parrot the terms "supply and demand" and you've got an economist.”

Thomas Carlyle
[+]
By Zekko 2010-07-17 12:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 cool story bro
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-17 12:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

k
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-17 12:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

cool story-
Zekko said:
inb4 cool story bro
QQ MOAR ABOUT UNDERCUTTING!
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-07-17 12:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not making profit off a certain synth? I got the miracle cure-all..

Stop using that synth and find another one.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-07-17 12:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Calling people mentally challenged when you can't even spell it correctly is funny.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-17 12:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Not making profit off a certain synth? I got the miracle cure-all..

Stop using that synth and find another one.

Praise the Lord! It's a miracle!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fireflame
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rieekil
By Ragnarok.Fireflame 2010-07-17 12:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

hm.... my friend got all his ingots from ANNM ... nd some ANNM r Due by mnk rdm ~
so maybe they r getting it from there nd they dont care about ur profit :o .... just a thought :)
[+]
By Raldo 2010-07-17 12:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed, since there seems to be more up for sale lately than usual, that either demand went down because certain salvage pieces aren't worth the cost anymore or because Abyssea drops it? Does Abyssea drop it? I've seen Angel Skins plummet because of Abyssea, so perhaps something drops these...?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fireflame
user: Rieekil
By Ragnarok.Fireflame 2010-07-17 13:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Obtain from

Abyssea

* Golden Sturdy Pyxis in Abyssea-Tahrongi
[+]
 Cerberus.Nostylin
Server: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-07-17 13:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes change can be hard for people. You need to be flexible and go sell something else. I mean that is not the only thing you can make money on and no one is forcing you to sell the same item as well.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-17 13:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Hardwood said:
I'm reaching out to anybody who knows how to speak japanese and also japanese who know how to speak english concerning imperial wootz ingots.

I'm on unicorn and I would imagine its just about the same on all servers. UNDERCUTTING selling for as little as 20k profit. Now to the untrained mentaly challenged this may seem like the way it should be. But to me and everyone i know who speaks english, (seriously) we have all talked about how mininum profit margin should be 100k (this is at 900~1m ingredients) and mininum 50k (this is at 400~500k ingredients) because 1 fatal break and at 1m ingredient tag you need to make 10 to break even, NOW THATS ASSUMING YOUR GETTING 100K profit.

NOW heres the problem, i have not sold an im. wootz ingot for 100k profit in almost a year. Basically since a few JP smithers have been spamming them (Gigabit, Zellkr, Megmilk, Eastwind.) those 4 are the worse that come to mind even tho there are atleast 5 more on unicorn. THEY ALL SELL FOR 10-50k (50k is rare) profit margain. And the thing is ive tried to talk to them and say hey if we all put at same price they will all sell and we will make / lose less money. however the few who have actually answered back gave the <i don't speak any english>..

I would love love love if someone who speaks/writes jp to talk to these fools and ask why is it they have 0ZERO sense of business / selling.

Also if your onw of the people who do this please explain to me how much time you spend buying/crafting/selling for how much or should say how little profit a week.

I need this synth to make gil on smithing since SE decided to completely and utterly destroy item values for nq/hq of the VARY FEW wanted armors.

/yours truly -Hard A.K.A disgruntled crafter.

They synth to skill up. When you do that, it's about getting your money back as quickly as possible to skill up some more.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-07-17 13:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice racist, presumptive intro to try to hook people into reading bloviations about your in-game financial problems.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-17 13:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What Aeyela said. Also, if they're making any profit at all by undercutting and making sure you don't get any sales, then that's more money than you're making... Now who's the fool?
[+]
 Unicorn.Cactustim
user: cactustim
By Unicorn.Cactustim 2010-07-17 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

WAH WAH WAH WAHHHH
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2010-07-17 13:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the problem here is you feel you are entitled to a certain amount of profit just because you skilled up the craft. If you don't like it let other people waste their time and money while you move on to something that fits your expectations.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-17 14:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

On Ragnarok you can still get away with about 60k profit or so. Personally I try to just go mine my own khromas and then craft the ingots. I feel your pain...smithing went from making lots of money to not much at all. There are literally no other synths I have found that are worth my time to make, its just better to sell the raw materials. (to those saying waaaaaa go synth something else) All I would say is hang in there for the updates and hope some new recipes come out and stay profitable for a bit.

Honestly you came to the wrong place to ask what you did. Most of the people on here are consumers not suppliers, they thrive on cheap stuff like this, many of them, if high crafters are probably selling consumables like tools and food. I know if I was making another salvage body I would love the price to stay low (and man are ingots cheap on your server xD)
[+]
By Ryuke 2010-07-17 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Hardwood said:
I'm reaching out to anybody who knows how to speak japanese and also japanese who know how to speak english concerning imperial wootz ingots. I'm on unicorn and I would imagine its just about the same on all servers. UNDERCUTTING selling for as little as 20k profit. Now to the untrained mentaly challenged this may seem like the way it should be. But to me and everyone i know who speaks english, (seriously) we have all talked about how mininum profit margin should be 100k (this is at 900~1m ingredients) and mininum 50k (this is at 400~500k ingredients) because 1 fatal break and at 1m ingredient tag you need to make 10 to break even, NOW THATS ASSUMING YOUR GETTING 100K profit. NOW heres the problem, i have not sold an im. wootz ingot for 100k profit in almost a year. Basically since a few JP smithers have been spamming them (Gigabit, Zellkr, Megmilk, Eastwind.) those 4 are the worse that come to mind even tho there are atleast 5 more on unicorn. THEY ALL SELL FOR 10-50k (50k is rare) profit margain. And the thing is ive tried to talk to them and say hey if we all put at same price they will all sell and we will make / lose less money. however the few who have actually answered back gave the <i don't speak any english>.. I would love love love if someone who speaks/writes jp to talk to these fools and ask why is it they have 0ZERO sense of business / selling. Also if your onw of the people who do this please explain to me how much time you spend buying/crafting/selling for how much or should say how little profit a week. I need this synth to make gil on smithing since SE decided to completely and utterly destroy item values for nq/hq of the VARY FEW wanted armors. /yours truly -Hard A.K.A disgruntled crafter.

Isn't this more or less what some call price fixing, and is it not frowned upon. I do believe SE bitchslaps this kinda thing (or did until the moved onto their next big thing ...FF14). Regardless of the reasons for your plea i think thats the result.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-07-17 15:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up paying in the area of 14M for my ingots. I'm happy the prices have taken a nose dive. It's fantastic they're about 8 or 9M these days. People have even taken to start selling them in stacks again. Let's hope prices actually plummet a bit further.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-17 15:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm everything so it's all profit?!?!?!????
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-07-17 15:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey heres a thing what about when all these were only like 50-100k with no real use and then salvage came out and all the smithers went hey lots jack up prices on these like 1000% and screw everyone trying get salvage gear out of millions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-07-17 15:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually funny to watch. People undercut and sell them for about 700k and someone else buys them ALL and puts them back up for 800k and then 850k. Then the same people just put more back up for 700k.

I'm no economist but I remember hearing a rule about prices returning back to where they originally started. If that's the case then we should be seeing 600k ingots soon enough.
 Unicorn.Vxsote
user: VxSote
By Unicorn.Vxsote 2010-07-23 12:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryuke said:
Isn't this more or less what some call price fixing, and is it not frowned upon. I do believe SE bitchslaps this kinda thing (or did until the moved onto their next big thing ...FF14). Regardless of the reasons for your plea i think thats the result.
No, this is what we call competition.

I'll echo what others have said. If the profit/loss on the synth isn't to your liking, go find something else to make. Also, I would like to point out that we can now reduce break rates to around 1%. You don't need as much profit per synth to cover your expected losses, and you shouldn't expect to keep all of that savings for yourself (i.e., some of it will get passed on to the consumers).
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-23 12:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess there are new sources of the ingot. And the main thing you get from them has lost value. So yeah duh they are dorpping
[+]
 Unicorn.Maaroh
user: Maaroh
By Unicorn.Maaroh 2010-07-24 17:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Hardwood said:
I'm on unicorn

Me too! Smithing is extremely difficult to make steady money in now, and has been since 2006.

I have noticed through leveling subjobs that a lot of low level gear options are unavailable. Perhaps making some axes/armor for low level jobs? The days of making huge bank are over.

80k Damascus ingot. 20k lolHaubergeon. What has this world come to???
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
Server: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-07-24 18:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its nice to talk about "profit" as long as you don't have to buy these items yourself. ~20m for a salvage body is crazy, 8m is more fair.

q_q some more, unless you are funding yourself a relic, i don't know why you need billions in gil.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nostylin
Server: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-07-24 18:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Everybody needs gil, but what are you aiming for that you need to hoard big profits?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-24 19:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

OP

You realize its not only the imp wootz ing that went down in price right? The ingreds also went down, so why the QQ?

ofc you want the ingots to stay at a high price when the ingreds for making them going down the drain. Greed much?

K ore have gone from ~500k til ~250k on my server, which means, since you are using 2 of those to make ingots, you save 500k on ingreds, which is about how much the price went down on ingots (atleast on carby)
[+]
 Bismarck.Moemo
Server: Bismarck
user: Moemo
By Bismarck.Moemo 2010-07-24 19:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add to this, I received an Imperial Wootz ingot as the reward from a union chest in a campaign battle in Xarcabard soon after the update.
[+]
First Page 2