Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » WTB Assassin's Armlets Phoenix Server
WTB Assassin's Armlets Phoenix Server
 Sylph.Moroni
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Snoopie
By Sylph.Moroni 2010-07-14 14:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

A THF isn't used for DDing, in most cases, but only for the TH... So I disagree with you saying that This isn't the most important piece for a thf...
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-14 14:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Assassins Armlets aren't overrated by any means. The majority of this game revolves around drop rates and well, these gloves are unrivaled.

100% agree with Spence, it's his money and he can do as he pleases with it, even if it's to your dismay "Mr I quit FFXI but still troll their forums."
[+]
By varge 2010-07-14 14:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This argument is tiring -_- NO they don't make a big difference....BUT don't expect coming to anything as THF in an HNM shell... ever...w/o them.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-14 14:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

varge said:
This argument is tiring -_- NO they don't make a big difference....BUT don't expect coming to anything as THF in an HNM shell... ever...w/o them.

Oh hey Mr Anon.

Of course they make a big difference you idiot, thats kinda what TH does. Even if it is only 1%, it is still 1% more of a chance of getting something you want off a mob. I'd take that over nothing anyday.

Edit: Also, Darki.. There are times you should be quiet.. this is one of those times.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-14 14:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Depending on how much you pay, and if you really don't want to do dynamis, you can most likely save time by farming up the gil and pay for them, than the time and effort it would take getting them form a shell.

Best post ever, want him to farm for an item to make him better at farming XD

And last time i checked thfs are very good for making skillchains unless you like taking lots of sams to HNM (it makes no odds really) so i still would never tp in them ever. I think for a item you need to wear for maybe 30~90 seconds max they are needed but *** me it like 1% not your thf is irrelevant.

Also if all your thfs do is TH *** you have ridiculously ***thfs. Gonna assume you being sarcastic but please.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-14 14:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When I say "farm" I don't just mean killing mobs for drops. Farming to me is also doing ENM/ISNM/BCNM/KSNM, Crafting, mining, fishing, etc.

Also wasn't pertaining to just Armlets, but any other time consuming drops.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-14 14:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
When I say "farm" I don't just mean killing mobs for drops. Farming to me is also doing ENM/ISNM/BCNM/KSNM, Crafting, mining, fishing, etc.

Also wasn't pertaining to just Armlets, but any other time consuming drops.

I goyt ya lol, just found it funny. Also you beat me whilst i was ninja editing. I owe you a drink sometime.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-14 14:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, a good/great THF is very useful but sadly, mob mentality takes over and degrades THF to just a TH *** and really, a lot of THFs running around aren't very well geared :P
By Conkers 2010-07-14 14:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol ya thanks to everyone for helping keep the post alive yes i understand the views on the hands from all sides basic thing is i want them and willing to pay for em.

Nuff said :)-
 Phoenix.Conker
Server: Phoenix
user: Conkers
By Phoenix.Conker 2010-07-14 14:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

bump so my pm button is actually up lol
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-14 14:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck Conkers. If I could give you mine I would, XD.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-14 14:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:

If i could sell you mine I might do it!
By varge 2010-07-14 15:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Daleterrence

Yea ok...Mr. /nerdrage for no reason. Point was 1% is NOT a huge difference but any % does help....and if you're a thf and want to play thf for any event in an HNM shell you best have them. In your own little /nerdrage way you just argued my exact point.....get TH4 if you have the means..lulz..a little is always better than nothing derp.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-14 15:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

varge said:
@ Daleterrence

Yea ok...Mr. /nerdrage for no reason. Point was 1% is NOT a huge difference but any % does help....and if you're a thf and want to play thf for any event in an HNM shell you best have them. In your own little /nerdrage way you just argued my exact point.....get TH4 if you have the means..lulz..a little is always better than nothing derp.

Lol.. Nerdrage.. You should go look at my past posts, that is nothing compared to when I really get going. But I'm very sorry if I hurt your tiny little ego that you had to start using slashes, and caps.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-14 15:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

If i could sell you mine I might do it!

These hands are so amazing yet you are both willing to give/sell them if you were able to? Seems a bit off.

I have TH4 but I never would have paid for it. Say what u want, but paying 3-7M for an item that helps drops only 1% is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE no matter how you look at it, especially since 95% of the time it will be for other people's drops if were talking HNM.

As far as farming goes, -3M to -7M for the gloves is a huge hole that you won't see that gil increase back from for at least a year assuming you farm an assload. I'm not saying it's hard to make that back I'm saying it will take a LONG time to see the increase from that 1% of your normal farming with TH3.

Do what you want, I could care less if you spend even 100M it doesn't effect me in anyway, I'm just trying to tell you it isn't worth it. I have them, hasn't helped me at all. I've seen better drops from the TH3 thfs than my own TH4.

As for thf DD, no matter how geared you are a SAM will always destroy you for sc flexability and overall dmg. Everyone in the game has sam almost and that's why thf is only a TH *** for almost all shells unless you have Mandau for the most part because the alliance will be full of sams, blms and tank pt.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-14 16:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play THF, no plans to take it past 75, Pretty much got my hands because no one else could use them.

When you bring up the "its only 1%" argument, I mean, you are talking about a game where people pay millions more gil for +1 STR, +1 Acc, etc so they can do 1% more damage.

If its not worth it to you, than that's you. But for many other people, its worth it to them.

Really, if you LOVE to play THF, its going to be hard for you to come that job if you lack TH4.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-14 18:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

??? Dale whats your problem? Go *** yourself if you are that bitter today.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-07-14 18:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

@Samuraiking: you said it if i can make 3~7mil off an item that wont pay for itself in a few years whilst then getting them again in a few X's i see this is a massive win/win.

Guy could go into X with 6+ friends and get these, make gil maybe and get more then thf hands.

So yes they are amazing for that last few % of a mob but i agree if ppl wanna pay for an item they can get themselves in the same time + make money and get drops then i will happily sell mine if i can.

@Darki: ahh always make me chuckle.