Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Sword Trials
Sword Trials
 Cerberus.Billgoku
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2010-07-07 18:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is anyone out there going for the SoulSaber with - damage taken on it, please let me know so we can get together and finish this much faster. I'm on the trial that you kill 250 or so Sabotenders. I know there's a new one after it so all the help is appreciated.
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2010-07-07 18:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gat done with that trial and each time I was in kuftal with around 8-10 other plds/rdms teaming up. Took around 3 earth days.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2010-07-07 19:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've yet to start it because I know solo it would take me quite a while.
By Vraelia 2010-07-12 15:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I so need to bust my SAM out and level it to help you with this crap, Bill. lol

But uhh....Sub Jobs has to be leveled first, I'm afraid. lol

(Hates leveling SJs ; ;) lol
 Cerberus.Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2010-07-12 18:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I finished up the Cactuar part, I'm on Lizards now. But yeah, I know what you mean, I need to level dnc 3 levels for sub, but then again I'm the same, boring to level subs. Good thing my war is 41 and I use it a lot as a sub.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-07-13 06:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on 50 beetles in either ice, earth, water, dark weather. Has anyone finished this? Any suggestions on a good camp? I can think of tons of places beetles pop, but not consistently with the weather/xp I need.
 Cerberus.Vraelia
user: Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2010-07-13 17:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Billgoku said:
I finished up the Cactuar part, I'm on Lizards now. But yeah, I know what you mean, I need to level dnc 3 levels for sub, but then again I'm the same, boring to level subs. Good thing my war is 41 and I use it a lot as a sub.

41 eh Bill? Level it 8 more times. lol

The cap is going to a total of 99. Which let's you have a sub of 49. :P lol

/comforts

If I am on in the mornings Bill and if you are too, let me know. I shall help you. :D
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-07-13 17:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
I'm on 50 beetles in either ice, earth, water, dark weather. Has anyone finished this? Any suggestions on a good camp? I can think of tons of places beetles pop, but not consistently with the weather/xp I need.

i used QSC, earth was almost non stop there
even used it again when i got to any monster on earthsday/weather

idk if there still EP to lv76+ tho, i did it preupdate as pld75

some would pop too weak as well so i would depop those when earth weather went away
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-07-13 18:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The beetles in CN that drop coffer keys are decent targets, water weather is pretty common there. Only problem is that there might be others that might be there that won't team up and/or are doing a different trial with beetles. Repops on those mobs don't make it the best camp, but it's one of the easier ones.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2010-07-14 01:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I did my beetles in Quicksand Caves, back when you needed 100 and not just 50, now if they're ep to anything higher than 75 I don't know, so you might need to sync.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-07-19 08:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Billgoku said:
I did my beetles in Quicksand Caves, back when you needed 100 and not just 50, now if they're ep to anything higher than 75 I don't know, so you might need to sync.

Did this over the weekend, was pretty easy and lots of double-earth weather there. Had a pretty steady stream of rdm's, blu's and pld's come through to join up with. Even got Diamond Daig NM while I was there. Ran into a little trouble with a lot of beetles checking as Too Weak, so I'm actually going to hold off on leveling my rdm any higher until I complete this trial with my next sword (making a pair).
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-07-19 08:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on lizards...I'll probably just do what I did with the cactuars and go to kuftal on earthsday.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-19 08:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For beetles I used QSC, CN, and garliage. If the weather checkers for all those zones said nothing I went to the pets in past saur
 Phoenix.Siphon
Server: Phoenix
user: Siphon
By Phoenix.Siphon 2010-07-19 08:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was 78pld in QSC and about 25% of the beetles were TW, so not a huge amount, enough to clear out if you have time between weathers.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2010-07-21 17:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm now on the last trial Rafflesia...this one might be tough but then again I said that about the rest. Fort Karugo-Narugo (S) I believe is about the only non level sync area for them.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-07-22 07:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Was out in QSC last night doing beetles trial for my second sword. Only got a few in before LS event. A pair of rdm's ran in when weather was down and cleaned all the beetles out and left, then earth weather popped just a few minutes later! ><

By the time they all respawned, we only got 5 or so before weather depopped. I'll be so happy when this trial is done so I can do trials on days, not rely on weather.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 07:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Be happy you don't have to kill 450 wamouras with a swd...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 07:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Billgoku said:
I'm now on the last trial Rafflesia...this one might be tough but then again I said that about the rest. Fort Karugo-Narugo (S) I believe is about the only non level sync area for them.
That actually was one of my favorite ones. They all around the warp into there. Litterally a couple of dozen with fast respawn. And after about 100 or so (was killing for pdt AND 2-3 swd) I learned they have mp. So aspir samba, mp drain kiss, magic hammer, and battery charge... yeah I spammed all my dmg spells and they are particularly squishy. Like sometimes I could kill them with def down, savage blade CA disservement. And if that didn't work oh well Frentic rip
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-07-22 08:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

My brother has that trial with a dagger, I think. Ewwww.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 08:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
My brother has that trial with a dagger, I think. Ewwww.
Yeah since they not so easy on blu I've just been nuking them to death on rdm then switching to swd for kill shot. Or go on fireday since some weapons need a like 100-200 on fireday it seems