Magian Staves And Elemental Affinities.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Magian Staves and Elemental Affinities.
Magian Staves and Elemental Affinities.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-07-02 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick question, but How much MACC is +4 to affinity? Is it the same or more than Elemental Staves?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-02 14:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I can tell +1 on the trial staffs means NQ +2 if it existed means HQ and it progresses linearly like that. At least that's how it works on dmg. And wiki used to report +3 macc as 40. So I'd say around 50macc
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-02 15:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely more. Exact amount unknown as far as I know, but +2 seems to correspond to HQ staves. +3 (Teiwaz) was confirmed to be higher macc via some tests on Qiqirn Poulterers in Alzadaal.
By Marrs 2010-07-04 05:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It appears to me that with the new staffs you have to choose what you want more of than with the hq staffs, dmg or acc. As where the ele staffs are a happy medium.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-04 05:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That is exactly it. You chose more dmg macc perp cost pet buffs eneffects etc. Granted you can just do more but as of right now ones of the same element will have the same name
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-04 05:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a tough call, but with the rise of level cap and magic skill with new gears to go long with it I'm gonna have to pick: Magic Acc+1 & Magic DMG+4.

I can't help but think that maybe we'd have to carry Elemental Staves & these new staves to make the most of it...

Inventory space please SE.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-04 05:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For blm it's not even a choice. Doing the dmg ones you only lose 10 macc over elemental ones. If you really need it you can swap in af gloves gain 5macc and still gain almost 6% dmg
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-04 06:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

dumb question, but i need a smidge of advice...for drain/aspir/sleeps.. would the magic acc+1 from the "high dmg" affinity path be sufficient to land them for enough potency? does the "magic dmg+" add to potency of drain/aspir? or do i just stick with a pluto's that i have?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-04 06:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I'd stick with plutos most the time.

I've used diabolos for namis which should pretty much be exactly like the dmg one for aspir/drain during dark weather but no macc.

And the numbers were all over the place but usually averaged about the same as the plutos. Now this will still have some so will probably be slightly better but god will it be alot of work and I'd guess most the time the +4macc 1magic dmg one would do more over time
By Marrs 2010-07-04 06:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
It's a tough call, but with the rise of level cap and magic skill with new gears to go long with it I'm gonna have to pick: Magic Acc 1 & Magic DMG 4.

I can't help but think that maybe we'd have to carry Elemental Staves & these new staves to make the most of it...

Inventory space please SE.

O God you're so right. As if we aren't screwed enough as blms with inv space.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-04 06:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I really doubt more than maybe 1 blm per server would really even go thru the effort of getting more than 2 staffs fully upgrade. I mean this takes alot of time lol
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-07-04 07:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's gonna have to be Ice/Thunder with Magic DMG+4/Acc+1, and probably Dark with DMG+1/Acc+4 as I'm Elvaan and want me sleeps to stick no matter what. Pluto's for Drain/Aspir. D:
By daisythunder 2010-07-07 17:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing the 790 trial.
Ice staff with -5 perp for summoner.
I think i'll keep pluto staff for black mage.

although having a high damage physical staff for campaign might be a nice alternative to ogre sickle. ( ogre sickle was really a slap in the face to black mages. I guess they want us to act like drk knights or something in game.)

I'd rather play BLM like ShadowHand the bad guy from campaign.. If sleepga 2 actually stuck and you were'nt instantly interrupted and beat down everytime you try to cast sleep.

but after i finish trial 790. I might look at other options. maybe a staff with +75 mana might be nice for certain.. it would definately help elvaan and galka mages to actually have mp.

I dont think that square intended to give the HQ staff or relic people anything with this weapon.. but it does give ppl reasons to party in wierd places to complete innane trials of endurance and patience.

a couple pts of magic acc.. is not going to help elvaan in any meaningful way. even if your stacking int gear your spells are going to be weaker then a naked taru.

what i think might help is the skill cap rise to level 99 and maybe better efficiency spells when the new levels are added. ( that or we get ridiculously expensive tier V and tier VI spells that cant be used in combat. which is probably the case)

By Marrs 2010-07-08 07:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

How is affinity mab calculated? I can't even find anything on "affinity" on ffxiclopedia. Only reason I bring it up is, if its not % based like the ele staffs, in the end, the ele staffs may still win (or at least get to a point catching up to the trial staffs) in both categories. Being that at 99 you'd throw down more dmg than at 80, and a % would adjust to that now higher amount of dmg in the same sense it always has (a % of it) as opposed to mab where it would simply help in the same way it always has in calculating that number. This is of course assuming these staffs dont get more trials before or on 99. If this is confusing think about the aspect of how taxing the rich 1% takes much more from them, even though to the lower class 1% is still much less.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-08 07:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Read my earlier posts
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-07-08 10:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Marrs said:
How is affinity mab calculated? I can't even find anything on "affinity" on ffxiclopedia. Only reason I bring it up is, if its not % based like the ele staffs, in the end, the ele staffs may still win (or at least get to a point catching up to the trial staffs) in both categories. Being that at 99 you'd throw down more dmg than at 80, and a % would adjust to that now higher amount of dmg in the same sense it always has (a % of it) as opposed to mab where it would simply help in the same way it always has in calculating that number. This is of course assuming these staffs dont get more trials before or on 99. If this is confusing think about the aspect of how taxing the rich 1% takes much more from them, even though to the lower class 1% is still much less.
The 25% increase you get from the affinity is calculated just like the elemental staves are. Its not calculated with MAB, otherwise they wouldnt beat the elemental staves.

By Marrs 2010-07-09 04:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw ok that makes sense, i knew it wasn't calculate like normal mab, (as i knew they were more dmg proun), but i just didn't understand what the affinity mean next to it, so 25% huh? a full 10% more then the hq eles?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-09 04:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

1= 20 macc/10% dmg. (NQ staff)

2(if it existed it)= 30macc/15% dmg (HQ staff)

3= 40macc/20% dmg

4 = 50 macc/25% dmg

Though I don't think there has been macc testing on +4 macc ones but it would make sense to keep going on linerally like that.