So What's The Deal With Synergy?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » So what's the deal with Synergy?
So what's the deal with Synergy?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-01 08:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it completely independant of other crafts? I remember SE saying something about "using multiple crafters", how does that work?

What would be the easiest/cheapest way to get it to cap? Do you have to run off and do those annoying "Make me this item!" tests every 10 levels?

There's a few Synergy items I'd love to make, but I only have Cooking and Bonecraft partly levelled and I'd rather not level every other craft so I can use Synergy.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-01 08:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta. But sometimes you need a certain other craft in your pt at least a certain lvl to attempt a synth. But only synergy lvl seems to affect how easy it is / HQ rate.

"Trying" to turn leaves into nuggets and failing everytime. Can get you all the way to the cap if you switch ones and no sub craft required.

No test items.

Phoenix.Lucasta
Server: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2010-07-01 09:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

synergy is very different than normal crafting in that you can never lose your synthesis materials until you successfully complete the desired item. If your synergy attempt is unsuccessful you can retrieve your materials from the furnace once the session is over. If your attemp succeeds you will recieve the crafted item (nq or hq)instead.

typical skill up items are nuggets, like Dasva said, or using a crafting apron to make a smock. can probably find recipes on wiki as well. the idea is to never complete the synth but simply spam fewell and use any actions if applicable until the furnace expires and repeat again.

As far as i know and in my experience, you can recieve skill ups by:

feeding any type of fewell:
this is where most of your skill ups will come from. You can receive skill ups by feeding ANY type of fewell regardless of the stated balance for the item albeit you should try to match the balance. I would suspect skill up chances are better if you actually try to obtain the right balance but this is only spectulation.

performing action on the furnace:
thwacking the furnace to prevent an explosion can yield skill ups if successful.
using any of the other actions can yield skill ups as well.