Wait! What? NO TornadoKick For PUP?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Wait! What? NO TornadoKick for PUP?
Wait! What? NO TornadoKick for PUP?
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-06-26 17:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea well, i knew this would come.
PuP cant get tornado kick ie. reach skill 300 nativliy or lets say with H2H merits. You freakin need Merits and H2H gear. PPAAAAIIIINN!!!
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-26 17:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it even worth getting? I haven't seen any damage testing/screens myself and I don't play anymore, just curious lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-26 17:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And it sucks without footwork!!!

QQ more
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-26 17:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
And it sucks without footwork!!!

QQ more

question answered, lol
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-06-26 18:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know it sucks. Though I had no dillusions that it would out dmg stringing pummel.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-06-27 04:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

well, i dont think i can hope for new Automaton WS at 300. Can i?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-28 19:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Yea well, i knew this would come.
PuP cant get tornado kick ie. reach skill 300 nativliy or lets say with H2H merits. You freakin need Merits and H2H gear. PPAAAAIIIINN!!!

Go stand in line with the PUPs who want asuran fists.
Why would PUP want Asuran Fists?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 02:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

And? Blu needs merits and/or gear to reach 300 for Sanguine Blade, rdm needs full merits, torque AND Suppa to get it by 80. Most of the new ws's seem pretty crap anyway *shrug*
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 03:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Tornado kick is badass, but pup doesn't get footwork so yea. Occ attack 2-3 times h2h though w/ footwork and tornado kick is pretty beastly
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 03:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

***, as mnk I hate asuran fists, id rather have stringing pummel... if pups want to trade we sure as hell will.

I haven't gotten around to taking mnk past 75 yet so I can't say anything about tornado kick, but with SP there's no need to want it. If you wanna argue principle I understand, but as for wanting to use it....
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Tornado kick is badass, but pup doesn't get footwork so yea. Occ attack 2-3 times h2h though w/ footwork and tornado kick is pretty beastly

Is it just footwork that boosts it or kick attacks feet too? I tossed Dune Boots along time ago when I got usukane and now regret it just to be able to goof off with DK/TK.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 03:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I am gonna dat swap out those ugly leather boots so it doesn't look so hideous. Any ideas as what to replace it with?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 03:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
***, as mnk I hate asuran fists, id rather have stringing pummel... if pups want to trade we sure as hell will.

I haven't gotten around to taking mnk past 75 yet so I can't say anything about tornado kick, but with SP there's no need to want it. If you wanna argue principle I understand, but as for wanting to use it....
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Is it just footwork that boosts it or kick attacks feet too? I tossed Dune Boots along time ago when I got usukane and now regret it just to be able to goof off with DK/TK.
Yea, you'll need another pair of kick shows. I use both dune boots and kyoshu kyahan depending on what i need
Fenrir.Tool said:
I am gonna dat swap out those ugly leather boots so it doesn't look so hideous. Any ideas as what to replace it with?
nerp, I've always liked the look of dunes tbh
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 03:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess the thought of level 7 leather boots still linger. Nothing else looks remotely plausible yet :<
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 03:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They never looked ugly to me. I just tossed em out since I wasn't mnk main anymore and didn't need em. Not hard to get em these days just a pain in the *** to run down and kill PHs then get a couple ppl to come out. X_x

I'll prolly do mnk later on so I won't have to worry. Once you level sam, drg, pld, rdm and blm your chances of getting to use mnk become nearly zero unless you spam salvage. :(

Out of curiosity though what kinda dmg does it push out, like on birds merit for example, gimme ur asuran average and tornado average if u don't mind. And is it even worth using really w/o footwork, cause I don't see footwork being worth the ws even if it does a lot of dmg.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 03:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well looking through all of the boots (excluding current update gear), the only one that looks like a reasonable replacement to dune boots (in that they look like it'd hurt with a kick) are these:

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 03:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tornado kick isn't avail till 76 and most bird pts sync 75 since the exp dies at 76, so I don't have anything for you there. As for footwork not being worth it, it ususally isn't.

However, the occ attack 2-3 times h2h stacks with footwork, which is what makes this combo powerful.

Only thing I've been fighting is magian mobs to further do my trials and since the h2h I have now have dmg+0, I've been fulltiming footwork, getting numbers now that I never would w/ asuran on these same mobs tho
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 04:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Tornado kick isn't avail till 76 and most bird pts sync 75 since the exp dies at 76, so I don't have anything for you there. As for footwork not being worth it, it ususally isn't.

However, the occ attack 2-3 times h2h stacks with footwork, which is what makes this combo powerful.

Only thing I've been fighting is magian mobs to further do my trials and since the h2h I have now have dmg 0, I've been fulltiming footwork, getting numbers now that I never would w/ asuran on these same mobs tho

Now I wanna play with it... though I'm not gonna be doing the OAT weapons. Too much hassle for 10 VNM3's. :/

What's its sc properties? Can it sc any form of thunder/ice to make mnk usable on high defense mobs with footwork maybe? Possibly make an opening for mnk endgame?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 04:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure on SC properties atm, I think there's something on bg about it. I just have heard that none of the new ws can make lv 3 scs.

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 04:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that does suck if you didn't get the new sc trait. Low sc dmg. Level 2 can still make some Thunder or Ice specific sc though for HNM and such, which i'm sure it can do... no way they wouldn't allow level 2.

Is that a *** hot dog now lol... I miss the chicken, it promoted racial stereotypes. :(

Edit: thnx was too lazy to look that up yeah that's nice, it can make Thunder and Ice both.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-30 04:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lv 2 or lv 3 makes no diff on magic burst dmg, so I don't see why not. Only thing that matters for magic burst dmg is the number of ws.

Let's say you do 2 ws to make a sc, then you get X magic burst dmg

Let's say yo uuse 3 ws to make that sc instead of 2, then you get X+Y magic burst dmg

Y > 0
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 04:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the days of three-way skillchain to make light or darkness. Perhaps they've come back :3

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-30 04:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh 3 way skillchains don't really add that much to magic burst over 2 way. Just goes from 1.3 to 1.35
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 04:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
I miss the days of three-way skillchain to make light or darkness. Perhaps they've come back :3

SE clearly wants that, and those days can burn in hell with the rest of the bad pts, MBing, and all that ***.

:(
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 04:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If mobs started giving 600+ exp per kill I wouldn't mind doing 2 way sc and MB with a blm. If they stay at 200-300 though I would prefer TP burn.

We have just been stuck with birds, that's why everyone is thinking the MB days weren't so bad. If we actually exp'd off of crawlers and other ***instead of birds 55-75 then we would enjoy the tp burn more. Birds are just *** hell and they are old.

I'd love to be able to eat dragon steaks and ***again, though now days it's pizza, instead of spamming cheap food cause it gets gutted out of ur *** stomach by a toucan sam.

Anyone tested the MB ***with nin? They get a MB bonus now for their ninjitsu iirc. In the next update NIN SCH BRD COR BLM SAM might be the new thing for pts. NIN/SCH/BLM MB when sch isnt healing. BRD/COR buffs with NIN/SAM/COR sc.

Idc what happens as long as it isn't more birds and piercing dmg.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-30 04:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna see QD become MBable.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-30 04:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see a sch nerf. Their nukes shouldn't be able to match blms.

inb4 rate down.
[+]
First Page 2 3