Whm/rdm

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » whm/rdm
whm/rdm
By Trugrave 2010-06-26 12:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

is rdm gonna be the new sub for whm? convert/refresh/fastcast benefits?
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-26 12:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch is still a good choice for many reasons
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-06-26 12:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yea but they kinda gimped the sch sub, you dont get hastega curaga v or curaga vi
 Sylph.Ashaaman
Server: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-06-26 12:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch will still be better. Stratagems.

RDM Convert vs SCH Penury -

If you penury 5 spells, we'll use Cure 5 for this, each cast you'll save ~60 MP, so that's 300 MP, plus the -10% mp cost on each spell so it'll even out over the 10 minute recast of convert.

Then you have Refresh vs Sublimation. Sublimation is only 2mp/tick but doesn't cost anything to cast. Refresh is 3mp/tick, but costs 40mp to cast, so for 40 ticks, you'll be getting the same as sublimation... So you have 10 extra mp from Refresh than you'd get from Sublimation... Once again, the -10% mp/spellcasting time trump that.

And fastcast, for /rdm it's -15% on all spells, /sch is -10% on the arts you have up, but if you need, you can pop celerity and -50%... This is the only place RDM is overall better... But not enough to sway the subjob.

And... SCH still gets accession, which personally I find best used on stoneskin or Regen 3. My regen 3 does 25/tick for 20 ticks, so that would be 500hp cured on everyone in the party... for 128 mp... That in and of it's self is nice, considering curaga 2 is 120, and even w/ a max potency set, you might be able to break 300/person.

Just my two cents.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-26 12:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

wow ^^ technical explanations so yeah basicly sch > rdm

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-26 13:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont forget Conserve MP, \sch gets you that, \rdm dont.
 Phoenix.Degs
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-26 14:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
It can be situational, I suppose. If you're looking for something straightforward for mp efficiency or fastcast you can go for /rdm, or you can go to /sch for more versatility in how you buff your party, or all penury cure Vs and sublimation. You only get strategems once every two minutes.. so you'll have to really use them wisely with the added abilities.

Depending on what you're fighting it may be better to be /sch for stoneskin or Regen III. Or it may be better for /rdm to natively dispel out of dark arts or refresh the PLD too...
id have to say though, even if you /rdm in a pt, the chances of having the time to refresh a pld is gonna be slim, if it were me, i would probably /sch for the simple fact of not refresh whoring the whole pt!
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-06-26 14:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
It can be situational, I suppose. If you're looking for something straightforward for mp efficiency or fastcast you can go for /rdm, or you can go to /sch for more versatility in how you buff your party, or all penury cure Vs and sublimation. You only get strategems once every two minutes.. so you'll have to really use them wisely with the added abilities.

Depending on what you're fighting it may be better to be /sch for stoneskin or Regen III. Or it may be better for /rdm to natively dispel out of dark arts or refresh the PLD too...

How is /rdm more mp efficient? With conserve mp gear, stratgems, and the innate -10% mp on light/dark arts... SCH wins in efficiency everytime. Also, make the pld refresh himself! They get it too... /sarcasm.

But really, there are few times where /rdm will surpass /sch... And even w/ /sch, you get the added enfeeb skill, so that helps in low man situations. I just don't see /rdm being used for much at all unless you're too lazy to learn how to use your stratagems strategically.

And yes, you get 1 stratagem every 2 minutes, but you only get 1 convert every 10 minutes.
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-06-26 14:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

(refresh is lev 41 anyway, we dont have it yet)
[+]
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-06-26 14:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well aware of that, but /rdm won't even come close to being useful compared to /sch without refresh, and I think the question was more about future levels, which is why it was brought up.
 Bismarck.Gael
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-06-26 14:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And don't forget aspirga, in any situation, /sch win :P
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-26 14:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see much of a use for Refresh from /RDM on WHM either. If you're doing endgame, you likely have a RDM to Refresh you. If you're not, you can use Sublimation (which saves MP over time compared to Refresh), and still get all the same benefits from /SCH.

The only real situation I can think of for /RDM is if you need a spell like Gravity or something, which I can't, for the life of me, figure out why a WHM would need to be casting Gravity, unless there are no RDMs, BLMs, or SCHs.
By Trugrave 2010-06-26 14:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch it is, means i dont have to level rdm :D
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-06-26 17:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
yea but they kinda gimped the sch sub, you dont get hastega curaga v or curaga vi

How could it be considered a 'gimp' if those things were never available before?

I mean, WHM/SCH went from "don't get to use Accession" to "have Accession, but doesn't work with a few spells." That looks like a buff, not nerf.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-26 17:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch for accession SS! :O Now 3 different jobs can do that in a group and your tank pt could have constant stoneskin depending on if you have all 3 RDM/SCH SCH and WHM/SCH in pt. And if not you can at least have 2 people with it :x kinda nice imo
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-26 17:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Itazura said:
Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:

How could it be considered a 'gimp' if those things were never available before?

I mean, WHM/SCH went from "don't get to use Accession" to "have Accession, but doesn't work with a few spells." That looks like a buff, not nerf.

Agreed. I don't get why people are calling it a nerf. Maybe someone can enlighten me because I seriously don't understand.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-06-26 17:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose there are a few situations where I'll /RDM, but for the most part, I'll be sticking with /SCH, myself.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.