Stringing Pummel Gimped?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Stringing Pummel gimped?
Stringing Pummel gimped?
 Lakshmi.Deathzoned
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Deathzone
By Lakshmi.Deathzoned 2010-06-25 16:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else notice their stringing pummels hitting alot less than it should? just done some MMM and mine was struggling to get higher than 700 even when usually it'll do 1000+
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-06-25 16:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here >_<
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-25 16:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deathzoned said:
anyone else notice their stringing pummels hitting alot less than it should? just done some MMM and mine was struggling to get higher than 700 even when usually it'll do 1000

Depends what MMM you're doing, if you throw on an extra strength rune it will lower ur dmg. Have you tried on meripo birds and such? MMM is a little meh, not always consistant.
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-25 16:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea what's wrong with your stringing's. Mine have been more epic than ever... Are you talking about with no food or something? HQ Pizza I was getting consistant 1.1-1.2k WS's off on EM-T mobs in abyssa. Same damage in merits but with COR and BRD that damage is always that high (peak of 1.5k).

I have been getting rather pissed off at not having ventriloquy though... They need to fix that, seriously *** up mah game!!!

Edit: Just logged on... UPDATE!!! Pleeease tell me ventriloquy has been fixed!!!
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-06-25 16:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo its an acc problem, i miss a lot and idk why, on dynamis mobs or colibri, same result... i dont have the normal tp return each time, with +71 acc on WS set and Marinara Pizza +1 :'(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deathzoned
By Lakshmi.Deathzoned 2010-06-25 16:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

still using same foods, same gear, same MMM etc... but still gimp as ever
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-25 16:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Your accuracy seems good... honestly don't know... maybe not enough dex? Dex helps add some more accuracy AND proc crits in stringing pummel. The crits make the WS do the higher damage in my opinion.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-25 16:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
Imo its an acc problem, i miss a lot and idk why, on dynamis mobs or colibri, same result... i dont have the normal tp return each time, with 71 acc on WS set and Marinara Pizza 1 :'(

Wow I was about to suggest using alot of acc in ws like i do for mnk but then u said +71 which is about 10-15 more than me. Idk what to say but Gira seems to have the opposite problem.

Ask another pup on ur server to go outside and do it to an EP colibri and see if you both do shitty dmg. Seems kinda weird Gira's does mroe and yalls do less.

EDIT: I didn't know it had a crit mod... That's deff the issue then, maybe they adjusted the crit rate on it and if you don't have enough dex it's doing ***dmg. 71acc is a bit much, take some off for some dex imo and try it then. 45-55 acc and then the rest dex is prolly enough since u get acc from dex too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deathzoned
By Lakshmi.Deathzoned 2010-06-25 16:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i know it isnt an acc problem for me atleast, still getting full tp gains and doing alot less than usual. i just hope it's just a glitch and not something SE done on purpose. glad we atleast got ventriloquy back though
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-25 16:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For PUP/nin

Excluding food (often HQ pizza) these are my stats when I WS:

74 + 27 STR
70 + 16 DEX

403 attack
+ 64 Accuracy

(-5 dex -5 str -4 attack +12 accuracy if I use surge subligar instead. I don't switch to that unless I keep getting a 15 tp return.)

Other subs is the same gear set but base stats will vary.

I'm trying to squeeze in some more dex, I want that new VNM DEX ring to take the place of my blood ring. I'd also love a pantin cape... but still no luck on that. With the new gear available I should be able to make a better WS set as far as STR and DEX go.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deathzoned
By Lakshmi.Deathzoned 2010-06-25 16:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

atm i ws in

17 str
14 dex
+57 acc (60 with minuet earring)
+37 atk
+ flame gorget/brutal earring

that used to get me 1k+ without a problem even against VT-IT mobs, now i'm struggling to get over 700 and sometimes getting as low as 400-500ish
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-25 17:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
EDIT: I didn't know it had a crit mod... That's deff the issue then, maybe they adjusted the crit rate on it and if you don't have enough dex it's doing ***dmg. 71acc is a bit much, take some off for some dex imo and try it then. 45-55 acc and then the rest dex is prolly enough since u get acc from dex too.

Just don't post...

Sorry man I'll try to post helpful post that pertain to the topic at hand like you... oh wait.
[+]
 Leviathan.Auraeon
Server: Leviathan
user: Auraeon
By Leviathan.Auraeon 2010-06-29 08:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I actually noticed this too. I thought it was just my imagination at first, but it definitely seems like the critical hit rate is lower on Pummel. I still get high peaks, but the average Pummel seems significantly lower in damage.

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me or it could be because I'm used to subbing WAR and lately I've been using NIN sub exclusively. x_x
 Sylph.Jkun
Server: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2010-06-29 08:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's odd, I struggle to hit less than 1k most times, and after grabbing a bunch of new gear since the update, I haven't noticed any difference...

I use /DRG and /DNC often. and I've mostly been fighting VT Colibri and various NMs.

Was managing 1.4k/1.5k fine in Beseiged the other day. Doesn't feel different at all, how odd...
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-06-29 08:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i wondered what had happens on incred. tough mobs 750ish was highest i broke on it. xp mobs areas around tav safehold.
ep mobs can still brake 1k+ tho.

armor piercing was doing ~950ish with capped skills at 75 sync fully merited & just 1 merit in ratt.

so even still adding both dmg from master & auto & sc possiblity's can still pump out a good proportion of dmg in a xp party.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2010-06-29 11:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Seconded, buuuuut ever since hitting 80 I haven't really messed about with SCs.

After 75, permitting your Auto isn't a total *** you can do some pretty neat things with Tactical Switch.

Examples include giving your Auto TP to "store" while you build up more (if he's deployed at a distance), then do back-to-back Pummels (Or if you have balls and oils, 2x Armor Piercers then slap on Vent).

Finally, converting those shitty Mortars into Pummels is great for soloing, you just have to make sure you always know when your Auto is about to slap for 100% (if you're not using Inhib). The power and spell interrupt potential of 2x Pummels is much more consistant than a 0 DMG Mortar + DK + Light.
[+]
 Leviathan.Auraeon
Server: Leviathan
user: Auraeon
By Leviathan.Auraeon 2010-06-29 17:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using Tactical Switch solely for soloing Fusion. Pummel then Howling Fist makes a pretty decent Fusion chain.

Something else I want to try on PUP/SAM is build up 300% TP, give it to BLM puppet, build up another 300% TP for me, then when Tactical Switch is up again, use Sekkanoki > Pummel > Howling Fist > Fusion > Tactical Switch > Deploy for Thunder IV to start casting > Wait a second > Dragon Kick > Light > Magic Burst Thunder IV

I was thinking about doing it on Ground Guzzeler, the T1 VNM since Thunder IV is prioritized over Stone V on him and that chain and MB should destroy him in seconds.

Might do that later tonight or tomorrow. I logged out for now though, boyfriend is having a hissy that I was paying more attention to Moblin Maze Mongers run than I was to him. -_-;
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-29 17:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just use tactical swap to take TP from my mage puppets to stringing pummel or donate some TP to my rng puppet (provided we're fighting a mob where he's likely to do more damage).

Tactical swap is fun, can build up 300% tp on a mage and hold him back and just use it as a TP reserve if you go /dnc. I like PUP/dnc a lot, especially when trying to catch up on eva skill.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2010-06-29 19:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Great minds think alike! You just have to hope he's far enough not to whack a cheeky Mortar in - that was the mistake I made, my jaw dropped as I saw him run towards the mob and *** it by mistake. Urgh.

The hardest part is the Fusion to DK timings, Deploy straight to TS has a little big of lag on it...

Good luck at trying when your bf cools down, let me know how it works out!
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-29 19:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jkun said:
Great minds think alike! You just have to hope he's far enough not to whack a cheeky Mortar in - that was the mistake I made, my jaw dropped as I saw him run towards the mob and *** it by mistake. Urgh.

The hardest part is the Fusion to DK timings, Deploy straight to TS has a little big of lag on it...

Good luck at trying when your bf cools down, let me know how it works out!

Yeah that's why I use an inhibitor when I go /dnc. I don't expect to be WS'ing much/at all just staying alive for the eva skill ups. And with 100+ tp and an inhibitor he'll never waste his TP.