Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-23 12:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Cright said:
The bard that can pull 30k hour needs to be paid^^

It's all teamwork, can't always blame the brd if it doesn't go faster and let's hope for better camps that repops aren't slower than what DD's can kill.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-23 12:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

he made his choice, decide if u want him to be in the pt or not bitching wont do anything about it... useless thread is useless
[+]
By Willsmith 2010-06-23 12:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If a bard doesn't want to pull, get over it and let them stand as the second buffer, or replace the bard.

If I don't want to pull on bard I don't seek, if I get invited to a pt without my flag up I'll ask if they want me seeing as I'm not in the mood to pull today. If they do want me then that's good, if they don't then w/e I'll carry on doing what I'm doing.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-23 12:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate lazy CORs more than lazy BRDs, *** /mage or don't contribute to damage AT ALL.
 Leviathan.Natsuchii
Server: Leviathan
user: Natsuchii
By Leviathan.Natsuchii 2010-06-23 23:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD/WHM gets Haste at 80. I think that's make or break to some extent. Double Marches plus hasting your zerg pt makes it worth it imo.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-23 23:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

what merit pt doesnt normally have a healer though most mage jobs /whm will have haste at 80 :(
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-06-24 00:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 75 before ToAU and never pulled in a party before that. Not sure if bard did then but I never did- dinged 75 as /whm as buffer and back up healer, and that's the way I played 1-74 as well.

I've never seek for a merit pt as brd- only played with ls members or friends but I'll need to get exp 75-99 eventually somehow.. So imo if I was seeking and had it in my comment that I didn't want to pull- can't really expect me to. I know you think it's "my job" or w/e but I don't like it and I'm telling via comment that it's not gonna happen so get over it and get another player. I can play the game however I want and if you don't like I'm not playing your way, can find someone else.
[+]
 Unicorn.Roxanna
Server: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-06-24 00:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be like me saying I won't backup heal was blm/whm. It's fine and dandy, but I don't get to *** when I don't get pty invites because of it.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-24 00:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I have a BRD in the PT I generally have either a COR or another BRD if I don't have either I don't make the BRD pull; I'll either pull as whatever job I'm on or a friend of mine will pull.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-24 00:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
I got 75 before ToAU and never pulled in a party before that. Not sure if bard did then but I never did- dinged 75 as /whm as buffer and back up healer, and that's the way I played 1-74 as well.

I've never seek for a merit pt as brd- only played with ls members or friends but I'll need to get exp 75-99 eventually somehow.. So imo if I was seeking and had it in my comment that I didn't want to pull- can't really expect me to. I know you think it's "my job" or w/e but I don't like it and I'm telling via comment that it's not gonna happen so get over it and get another player. I can play the game however I want and if you don't like I'm not playing your way, can find someone else.
Which is another problem...people dont read seacoms
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-06-24 00:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

@Jurai: no one will make you do it, but there is a certain expectation. status quo is brd pulls now. if you want to go against that, more power to you, but there will be flak.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-24 00:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

Which is another problem...people dont read seacoms

I knooooooow I hate that; wtf is the point of even posting them if people don't read em...
 Leviathan.Lexington
Server: Leviathan
user: Lexington
By Leviathan.Lexington 2010-06-24 00:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A few times I've been in a party as COR/NIN and theres already a BRD/NIN and I'm asked to pull :( Songs cost less than cards, bullets and shihei.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-24 00:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lexington said:
A few times I've been in a party as COR/NIN and theres already a BRD/NIN and I'm asked to pull :( Songs cost less than cards, bullets and shihei.

If a BRD is subbing NIN they should pull-- period. sub WHM if you don't want to pull and actually help cure/erase/oranythingelse
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-24 00:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lexington said:

Don't ever go /nin unless your pulling :( /war or /mage onry!
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-06-24 01:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My beef is bards who have either the:
"I have a sha'ir manteel, so I can't do anything wrong."
or the
"Bards don't need gear."

>.>
Then when you pulls links, and can't sleep who's at fault?
The SAM's?

-.-

I also hate when I'm not pulling on bard, but I also hate playing bard.

So, that's fun.

PS: OP, who's the bard you're talking about?
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-24 01:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I find BRD to be the dullest of dull when not pulling. /whm is no fun :(
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Katori
Server: Gilgamesh
user: agroyboy
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2010-06-24 01:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ghlin i dont know if you full of yourself or what but i would never play with you.

i have 75 brd and i hate brd so much . i only get invites as brd and im never even on the job. brd ends up doing almost all the work and once you take a break for a sec people like i havent gotten a song in 5 secs whats going on .

it will be my last job to 80 :)
 Bahamut.Moehre
Server: Bahamut
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-06-24 02:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Othirin said:
only because every bard lfp is /whm (which is really getting annoying now)
Ifrit.Cright said:
The bard that can pull 30k hour needs to be paid^^

You guys kidding right? I might not have the best BRD armor, but I have pulled way more than 30k per hour (though when i turned off the laptop, I was seeing puks flying in my house...). I am always looking for party as /nin (k, sometimes /blm because I had to go to windy to get armor), have specifically written in my seacom "Fisherman: O", and can't get an invite... When there are only 2 other bards looking for party "JP ONRY" :( K, maybe I was just unlucky yesterday, but it's a pain when you are a decent bard and can't find party :(

I guess I will have to wait till the update fever calms down a bit and camps are not overcrowded. Though I must say I kinda missed the camp fight from good old days xD Ahhh the 3 parties in the Oasis in Valkurm Dunes, or the 5 parties in the Pond in Caedevera Mire... Concurrency! That teaches anyone how to pull!
By Troair 2010-06-24 02:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf is this I don't even...
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-06-24 02:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Troair said:
wtf is this I don't even...

[+]
By Troair 2010-06-24 02:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Rebeca Linares
[+]
 Bismarck.Naeo
user: Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-06-29 04:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, i detest pulling. it is not the bard's role in a group. (i still have the old mindset for my love job ; ;) go get something with evasion to pull and i'll sleep it. Players have made BRD puller, just as they've ostracized BLM from groups for the most part, and any other class that isn't a TP zerg class. And i prefer to play the class the way it was intended, as a buffer and back up healer.

Granted, this is due to the fact that i detest the /NIN sub craze.

now, this said, there ARE certain camps i will pull because it needs to be quick exp and there have to be 2 mobs slept near the group. (ie: Colibri and other camps of the same notion) it's just more effecient in those areas for me to pull, and yes i enjoy it because it's fun, but i'd rather not be puller in -every- group.

you say lazy, i say old-fashioned. (just like you say potato, and i say vodka~)
as someone said earlier, we can all play the way we want, i choose to ignore the player made puller-bard, and i have to deal with the extended LFG time, which is okay. Crafting is relaxing while LFG.
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-06-29 04:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As a career BRD i have to say, it is utterly boaring in a PT unless you pull. Heck, evenn in a 2 bard party i would reccomend the other BRD come /NIN and pull aswell. Less running for both bards and monster is always in camp.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-29 04:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Naeo said:
i prefer to play the class the way it was intended, as a buffer and back up healer.

If people played jobs how they were "suppose" to we wouldn't have NIN tanks. We'd have Shuriken NINs.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2010-06-29 04:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always detested being the puller brd, because I hate the overall hectic and frustrating break neck speed you have to be moving around and pulling. It's even more annoying when you're at a camp where you're in competition for mobs from another camp (Greater Colibri in particular, with competition on the second and third levels) and your party blames you for losing the chain because the party below you swiped a mob just as you were in the middle of claiming it.

I hate the position that players have put us in because it reminds me so much of how summoners were put in a position of main healing parties just because of their subjob. It strikes me as odd that Square Enix will change things around so that some jobs can't do what players have been using them for (here's looking at you Rdm and /drk tanks), but they won't do it for others.
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-06-29 05:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:

If people played jobs how they were "suppose" to we wouldn't have NIN tanks. We'd have Shuriken NINs.

Rin dear, that wont work as an example for me, because i've -always- been one to say NINs aren't tanks (even though i'll play NIN tank because it gets me exp.) and i use Shuriken to keep hate over my ninjutsu. (i use it enough to cap it, then switch to my shuriken for hate. :D)

@Vlor - i agree with the hectic(ness?) of BRD puller, but sometimes it's the better of two evils to be the puller, if a THF or RNG were to pull in a Colibri camp, the exp would be horrible. areas like this are where bards should pull, because we can pull, sleep, pull, sleep, buff the party while they fight the first mob.
it's hellacious, but it's better than dealing with 8k/hr parties because the RNG has to MP sponge from being smacked about.
but for the most part, give me /WHM duty. i find it more enjoyable.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-06-29 05:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

hey that BRD was lfg yesterday
but we took the COR that was willing to pull instead XD
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-29 05:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Naeo said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Rin dear, that wont work as an example for me, because i've -always- been one to say NINs aren't tanks (even though i'll play NIN tank because it gets me exp.) and i use Shuriken to keep hate over my ninjutsu. (i use it enough to cap it, then switch to my shuriken for hate. :D)

The cost to be a real Shuriken NIN at 75+ is way to much work and costs way to much money and effort just to collect the best Shurikens for the job. Throwing some low level Shurikens are 75 just as wasteful.
[+]
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-06-29 05:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Bismarck.Naeo said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

The cost to be a real Shuriken NIN at 75 is way to much work and costs way to much money and effort just to collect the best Shurikens for the job. Throwing some low level Shurikens are 75 just as wasteful.

I'll agree with you on that aspect. Shuriken are a pain in the *** to collect. R/EX shuriken that's omgwtf amazing takes blood, sweat, tears, your left nipple, and your first born child to obtain. pray you dont accidentally toss it *_*
My nin's still pre-60, so it's not hard for me to be a shuriken nin. i'll miss it when i get it higher and can't go throw happy.

@OP - You try to make it into a big deal that the bard doesn't want to exp without his friend. I fail to see the issue.
I personally sometimes put Friend: charactername here if i'm seeking to exp with them, and can't find people to exp with. It's a simple matter of: if your group doesn't have the room for the bard and his/her friend, you dont get the bard. there are plenty of us minstrels out there, just get joeshmoe #2 off the list.