Campaigning With Assholes.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Campaigning with assholes.
Campaigning with assholes.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-06-21 12:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Ariane said:
The thing is, that people, for some reason, even though they're playing an MMO, don't actually like to play with other people.

I know... I don't get it either.

When I go into Campaign, I go prepared to take care of myself, and generally on jobs capable of soloing. I expect people to be douches, so I don't get upset when they are.

On the other hand, mistakes happen. I've accidentally MPKed people in Campaign, and been sworn at for doing it.

It was Beaucedine, and I aggroed that stupid flying NM thing. I was kiting it around the tower when a HUGE bug started flying in my face irl. I jumped up, and ran around to grab something to kill it with.

When I got back to my computer I saw that I had run into a wall, got myself killed, and the 2 players who were resting there killed too. They were swearing at me.

***happens.

I accidentally mpk'd a whole crapton of people, back when people could still /brd and stand around singing for xp. I was in rolenberry, the beastmen had control. I decided to leave the fight and made my way back to the guy, right on the other side of the gate. When I was almost there, my shadows started taking hits. I assumed I'd aggroed a goobbue and kept going. Right as I got to the tag guy, my last shadow went down and I died-- instantly. The campaign boss NM had been the one chasing me, not a goobbue. Since I was right at the tag guy and since there were 10 or 12 people standing around him singing, they all got killed too. Oops! I felt bad.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-06-21 13:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Diabolos.Ariane said:
The thing is, that people, for some reason, even though they're playing an MMO, don't actually like to play with other people.

I know... I don't get it either.

When I go into Campaign, I go prepared to take care of myself, and generally on jobs capable of soloing. I expect people to be douches, so I don't get upset when they are.

On the other hand, mistakes happen. I've accidentally MPKed people in Campaign, and been sworn at for doing it.

It was Beaucedine, and I aggroed that stupid flying NM thing. I was kiting it around the tower when a HUGE bug started flying in my face irl. I jumped up, and ran around to grab something to kill it with.

When I got back to my computer I saw that I had run into a wall, got myself killed, and the 2 players who were resting there killed too. They were swearing at me.

***happens.

I accidentally mpk'd a whole crapton of people, back when people could still /brd and stand around singing for xp. I was in rolenberry, the beastmen had control. I decided to leave the fight and made my way back to the guy, right on the other side of the gate. When I was almost there, my shadows started taking hits. I assumed I'd aggroed a goobbue and kept going. Right as I got to the tag guy, my last shadow went down and I died-- instantly. The campaign boss NM had been the one chasing me, not a goobbue. Since I was right at the tag guy and since there were 10 or 12 people standing around him singing, they all got killed too. Oops! I felt bad.

Serves them right for being lazy and probably singing songs via bot/script lol. If they were paying attention they would have ran away.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-22 04:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Naw the OP I guess is Japanese, and then he begins to start talking to Dubont, b.c he is Japanaese too! Not You Tousou.

I'm not picking this thread apart, but isn't it rude to start posting in 1 language, then revert to talking to another? Maybe its just me..perhaps I have been raised differently to acknowledge that its not nice I suppose...=/

hmmmmm...
¥ t(-_-t) ¥  deez nuts. mpk用巻はヴぇティs

Dubont, Mind sharing me WTF your translation means..

¥ t (- _-t) ¥ deez nuts. As for the volume for mpk [vu] [e] [tei] s w

Care to give a ***?

HAHA!!

Ahh The sweet power of Babel Fish!!!
By Valencea 2010-06-22 05:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We have the same problem, people soloing mobs and if you rip hate will go get a fresh one. Mainly PLDs.

I don't mind if they solo, i can usually hold my own until others arrive, what gets me mad is how far these idiots drag the mob off sometimes. I've seen Orcs in East Ronfaure campaign dragged as far as the ramp to Jugner Forest ...
[+]
 Asura.Projekt
Server: Asura
user: Projekt
By Asura.Projekt 2010-06-22 09:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to sit where mobs are going to pop and grab the NM's(Crimsonarmor,etc) and take them to little secret area's and just solo them on Pld. I do this purely for my enjoyment, as I can't stand Campaign, and usually find it worse and more boring than standing around in Whitegate, afk.

Granted I haven't Campaigned on Asura yet, because of the constant unintellectual comments/arguments in Whitegate and fear of the player base being 5x worse in any event you put them in(you have to admit, some of the simplest things, like Merit parties are god awful.).

But when I do start to campaign once they add something I want/need as a reward of doing it, you can try to come find me with a NM or 2-3 mobs in some little nook of the map. :P
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-22 09:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i loved mpk'ing the fort it was the best thing ever
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-06-22 14:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valencea said:
We have the same problem, people soloing mobs and if you rip hate will go get a fresh one. Mainly PLDs.

I don't mind if they solo, i can usually hold my own until others arrive, what gets me mad is how far these idiots drag the mob off sometimes. I've seen Orcs in East Ronfaure campaign dragged as far as the ramp to Jugner Forest ...

If you're running that far to leech someone's mob when there are fresh ones available, you're the problem not them. Nothing annoys me more than pulling a mob off a pack and having 5 people come over and try to pull hate.

If people would stop trying to leech off stronger players all the time, there wouldn't be any reason to pull mobs away in the first place. All I hear in this thread is people Q_Qing about having to put in effort fighting a mob without someone propping them up.
[+]
 Sylph.Cerilono
Server: Sylph
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-06-22 14:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
crawlers nest(s) blows anyway.

Just got 2k there for one wave. Were about 12 in the zone. NPCS came at the end to kill the NM right as the last normal mob died. One of my better campaigns today.

Less populated zones will always be better in campaign than some Jugner with one wave 40 people and NPCs.
Yeah I guess it really depends on how many people go out there, never see anyone there at all on Ramuh, but then again I don't check it too often.

Grab a mob, solo it for 40 minutes, get 3k, treasure to yourself, and go home happy?

I do this all the time, except it doesn't take 40 minutes for me. It's the best way to get exp without the lag and possible death from a boss that came out of *** nowhere, at least I think so.
By Valencea 2010-06-22 16:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Valencea said:

If you're running that far to leech someone's mob when there are fresh ones available, you're the problem not them. Nothing annoys me more than pulling a mob off a pack and having 5 people come over and try to pull hate.

If people would stop trying to leech off stronger players all the time, there wouldn't be any reason to pull mobs away in the first place. All I hear in this thread is people Q_Qing about having to put in effort fighting a mob without someone propping them up.

Not running that far to leech someones mob. Its usually a RNG who ends up finding someone that far away thats keeping the campaign from finishing. And there are no fresh ones available when everyones standing around wondering why the campaign hasn't ended cuz some gimpy paladin wants to take an hour to solo down 2 orcs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-22 18:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valencea said:
Asura.Solara said:
Valencea said:
We have the same problem, people soloing mobs and if you rip hate will go get a fresh one. Mainly PLDs. I don't mind if they solo, i can usually hold my own until others arrive, what gets me mad is how far these idiots drag the mob off sometimes. I've seen Orcs in East Ronfaure campaign dragged as far as the ramp to Jugner Forest ...
If you're running that far to leech someone's mob when there are fresh ones available, you're the problem not them. Nothing annoys me more than pulling a mob off a pack and having 5 people come over and try to pull hate. If people would stop trying to leech off stronger players all the time, there wouldn't be any reason to pull mobs away in the first place. All I hear in this thread is people Q_Qing about having to put in effort fighting a mob without someone propping them up.
Not running that far to leech someones mob. Its usually a RNG who ends up finding someone that far away thats keeping the campaign from finishing. And there are no fresh ones available when everyones standing around wondering why the campaign hasn't ended cuz some gimpy paladin wants to take an hour to solo down 2 orcs.
If your standing around then your still the problem. Go out and find them. I've never really had a problem finding people that pull mobs far off, just use your head a little and check places that seem like good hiding spots. Most of the time they are close to where the mobs spawn in from.

Solara nailed it on the freaking head +1 to you. Although I do know all servers differ on campaign, if your leeching off someone elses mob and can solo your own and even more so if there are mobs at the fort, you'll get more exp/notes soloing your own than leeching. Hell even if you can't get some form of RR and just do your best till you die, Leeching = killing your own exp.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-22 18:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a ninja pull(she was the first one to grab a mob) a turtle back some, so being drk/dnc and unable to solo worth a ***I joined in with her, well she took off and grabbed another trying to leave it on me, so I switched target to her new mob, I don't play that ***. She then *** did Mijin gakure and RR and ran off, leaving me with the mob. I solo'd it half way till my mana got low and then ran it into a crowd and they killed it with me.

*** annoying how ppl do ***like that. I was 75 so I wasn't leeching, i was legitimately doing dmg, but they wanted to solo. Don't do a group event if you want to solo, I suggest FOV. The ninjas name was Honogi, prolly jp, didnt really check or care. I will find and mpk her on my thf at a later date, this injustice will not stand.

Also, didn't read all the posts but solara is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. There is no way to justify making a group of shared mobs a solo activity. If it was meant to be solo'd there would be a way to claim a mob and other ppl not attack. They have Feilds of Valor for the ppl that solo as I said above.

I really did write her name down, and if you were on my server I would find and mpk you as well, sadly you are not. Payback is a ***.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-06-24 16:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
*** annoying how ppl do ***like that. I was 75 so I wasn't leeching, i was legitimately doing dmg, but they wanted to solo. Don't do a group event if you want to solo, I suggest FOV. The ninjas name was Honogi, prolly jp, didnt really check or care. I will find and mpk her on my thf at a later date, this injustice will not stand.

If you can't solo a campaign mob on Drk/Dnc, you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Campaign is not hard. And if someone leaves you a mob to yourself and you go off chasing after them to continue riding on their skill, you were leeching. You got killed because you're a *** baby, and you deserved it. Stop being butthurt about it and move on.
Quote:
Also, didn't read all the posts but solara is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. There is no way to justify making a group of shared mobs a solo activity. If it was meant to be solo'd there would be a way to claim a mob and other ppl not attack. They have Feilds of Valor for the ppl that solo as I said above.

I really did write her name down, and if you were on my server I would find and mpk you as well, sadly you are not. Payback is a ***.

Really? You might want to take a few minutes to learn how campaign exp is given, and you'll figure out pretty quickly that SE programmed campaign to be superior for soloists. Campaign was introduced as an alternative to traditional party exp to benefit both soloists and parties, a function it performs marvelously when people are ruining it by forcing themselves on other players.

The ability for multiple people to engage mobs allows people like you to half-*** and profit off other people's effort if they want to, yes. If you want to hang out with those people, go for it. You said in your own example that there was a group of people fighting mobs, you should have been there with them instead of leeching off the person who wanted to solo. The fact that you didn't shows you knew full well she would be getting the best XP, not your group activity.

As soon as they add Allied Notes to FoV, I will gladly go there instead and avoid butthurt whiners like yourself. Until that time though, campaign is the most rewarding solo friendly event in the game, and I'll keep playing it that way. If that makes you cut yourself at night wanting payback, no one really cares.

And since you went the extra step to try to e-thug it, I'll play along. I would absolutely love to see you try to mpk me with a Thf. Going by your gear sets, your Thf is likely no better geared than mine, and I'd run rings around it on Rdm.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-06-24 16:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I always solo ***right at the back of the map. I use my dual box RDM to sleep about 5 and start off soloing them on my THF. Lots of exp!